Post HERE when you receive your shower gift!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 03-11-2005, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright ladies....we are all ever so curious and want to know what everyone got....soooooo PLEASEEEEE post here andlet us know.
#2 of 40 Old 03-14-2005, 12:02 PM

Has anyone received their gifts yet? Mine is almost done but I'm curious that no one has posted yet.
#3 of 40 Old 03-14-2005, 08:36 PM

I got mine last week (or maybe it's been longer) but am lazy. : I got:

a pack of socks
a pack of onsies
a blue outift with little shorts
a yellow outfit with shorts

and for Gabe

a pack of UNO cards with Corduroy bear on them (matching game)
and a book of Corduroy.

I will get a picture up here in the next day or two when the camera isn't dead. The outfits are so cute they need a picture!!! :LOL

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#4 of 40 Old 03-16-2005, 01:38 AM

I'm so excited! I got my package in the mail today and I got my very first set of cloth diapers!!! Woo Hoo! Annakiss sent me six prefolds and two covers--one bummis super whisper wrap, and one prowrap. This is exactly what I need!! Now my diaper stash is officially started! It's perfect, thank you so much, Annakiss!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#5 of 40 Old 03-16-2005, 12:11 PM

Jenn, I'm so glad you liked it! Hopefully you'll get more dipes at your baby shower and then you won't have much left to get on your own. Good luck with CDing!!!

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#6 of 40 Old 03-23-2005, 02:00 AM

: : : :

OMG!! Aaudreysmom you ROCK mama....you sooooo rock!! I have had the hardest time containing my excitement until I had a chance to post...and I will pm you as well...you rocked my world mama!! Thank you a million times over!
I have had a rough week and I was distracted when I went to shut my front door but I saw a package laying against the outside. As soon as I saw the name, which I didnt recognize, I had a HUGE feeling it was my shower gift.

This amazing mama sent me cloth diapers and more! To begin, I am having quite a time beginning to build my stash because it is very overwhelming for me...I havent known where to start and I have thought all along how much I wish I had something to look at to begin with. Its not a matter of "AM" I going to CD...its a matter of learning the ropes because I am determined and it will work no matter what...sposies just suck. I decided last week I am going to invest in diaper making supplies because I am a seamstress (Im a WAHM mama) so it just makes sense. ANyway, I opened the package and wanted to jump for joy mama!! She sent me: an ADORABLE tie-dye romper (did you dye this yourself?), two soft wipes, 3 cpf one of which she dyed purple herself, 2 Kissaluvs (pink and purple) in the SOFTEST fleece I have ever felt, 1 prorap (now I know what these are), a wool cover from 'Sugar Peas', and an adorable AIO? from SOSdiapers.com which I am definately going to order from at some point because these look like awesome dipes. She also sent me a snappi diaper fastener and some pins. I am definately going to take some pictures and I will post them as soon as I do. This is the very beginning of my CD stash and I am soooo proud and SOOO HAPPY!! Thank you a million times over....this is exactly what I needed and to be honest, there couldn't have been a better gift...this was perfect mama!!!

My son has been quite sick this week so I have been trying to nurse him back to good health, otherwise my gift would have been sent out already....however it WILL be sent out on Thursday because I have set aside wednesday evening to finish it up. So if you are one of the mamas who havent received anything yet, its coming! :LOL
#7 of 40 Old 03-23-2005, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

WOW. These are some WONDERFUL gifts!!! I am SO excited for everyone!!
#8 of 40 Old 03-23-2005, 01:59 PM

Marsupial - I am so glad you like it!!!!!!!! I am very happy to help you get started with cloth and I wish you lots of luck!

I hope I get to see a photo of the cloth on your little ones bum in 2 months!
#9 of 40 Old 03-23-2005, 04:29 PM

I'm hoping to send my gift out today, but since we're getting ready to leave for a trip tomorrow, I may not get it out until Friday (the deadline, of course). In any case, it will go Priority Mail, so I hope the recipient will receive it within 2-3 days. So, those of you who haven't gotten anything yet, be on the lookout!
#10 of 40 Old 03-23-2005, 04:52 PM

Debstmomy- I'm obviously no good at surprises but your package went out today. It was a tad heavy so I had to send it parcel post. It may take a little longer, I hope you don't mind.
#11 of 40 Old 03-23-2005, 08:53 PM

I got mine yesterday!
I just haven't had a chance to post yet.
I got a super cute knit wool soaker in navy, ( I can't wait to see the little nb chicken legs sticking out the cuffs)
and a creme colored blanket and outfit with hat set super cute.
thank you so much.
Crystal
#12 of 40 Old 03-23-2005, 11:57 PM

Ok, I didn't make my shower partner's gift. I was going to, but I just had a feeling I wouldn't finish, so I had someone else do it. It's a good thing, because my ds has bronchitis and has been very cuddly for over a week, so I never would have gotten it done in time. Anyways, she sent it out today, but I'm not sure if it was sent here or to my partner. DH e-mailed her both addresses. So if someone gets one From Shauna Jemmett, it's really from me!!!!

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#13 of 40 Old 03-24-2005, 02:23 PM

I'm lagging, it'll be in the mail tomorrow, I promise!!!!

#14 of 40 Old 03-24-2005, 06:29 PM

Ok, I got the package today. I'm very excited about it. I will be sending it out tomorrow.

#15 of 40 Old 03-24-2005, 09:19 PM
nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree
I got mine yesterday!
I just haven't had a chance to post yet.
I got a super cute knit wool soaker in navy, ( I can't wait to see the little nb chicken legs sticking out the cuffs)
and a creme colored blanket and outfit with hat set super cute.
thank you so much.
Crystal
I'm glad you got it. I realized afterwards that I forgot to put who is was from in it!
#16 of 40 Old 03-25-2005, 09:47 PM

I FINALLY got mine out today!
Yeah.. I can't believe it is actually in the mail on the deadline
That makes me happy!

Can't wait to see if she likes it
#17 of 40 Old 03-26-2005, 12:24 AM

Ok, got mine out today. I hope she likes it.

#18 of 40 Old 03-28-2005, 04:57 PM

I got it!! :Love I received an awesome gift from Aslmere (Nina) today! She sent a brand new Bummis wet bag, a bar of really yummy smelling lavender soap, and a nursing bracelet with lovely terra cotta colored beads. The nursing bracelet wasn't even on my list but I've wanted one for a really long time! Good thinking, Mama (can you read my mind???)! :LOL The coup de tas was a BEAUTIFUL hand-knit, by Aslmere!, soaker. It is a gorgeous shade of blue- kind of a mottled blue, hard to describe- but it is so pretty and sooo soft! What a wonderful gift, Mama! And the fact that you knit it yourself makes it even more special. Thank you so much! You made my day!
#19 of 40 Old 03-28-2005, 06:48 PM

This is sooooo much fun and I feel all goose-pimply today - I just opened my gift and it's sooooooo sweet. With all these hormones, I just might cry. This is especially fun because I'm not having another shower since this is dc #2. But, I also feel like I want to : or : because my partner is still waiting for her gift. I promise to get it out this week!

So, WitherB sent me cute little onsies (gender neutral - thanks!) with dolphins, stripes, other cute animals, and a Hannah Anderson shorts & top. Oh, and teeny, tiny socks and side-snap shirts, and a matching game for my dd. Too sweet

Thank you, WitherB and thank you to Leigh for organizing
#20 of 40 Old 04-01-2005, 07:20 PM

I got my gift today! Thanks Lizabethian! She sent a bunch of 0-3 month onesies (exactly what I needed!), a dress, socks, an adorable pair of shoes, a couple of hats, a JoeyBunz ( these), a ton of burp rags/wipes (made by another MDC mama (really needed these too!), an unbleached CPF, a Kissaluvs 0, 2 gorgeous blankets, nursing pads. I'm probably forgetting something (I can't look b/c I'm at my mom's house using the computer). Everything she sent was needed & it was the perfect gift! Thanks again!

P.S. My mom & sister were at my house when it came, so we had the added bonus of ohhing & ahhing over everything together :LOL

#21 of 40 Old 04-01-2005, 08:16 PM
nym

Hey! I got my gift today!!! It was awesome!

I got 2 sm Stacinator fleeece covers, a half dozen wipes and a recieving blanket! They are awesome! I'm so happy because I needed a few more covers, and now I am all set!!

THANK YOU!!!!
#22 of 40 Old 04-01-2005, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMommie
I got my gift today! Thanks Lizabethian! She sent a bunch of 0-3 month onesies (exactly what I needed!), a dress, socks, an adorable pair of shoes, a couple of hats, a JoeyBunz ( these), a ton of burp rags/wipes (made by another MDC mama (really needed these too!), an unbleached CPF, a Kissaluvs 0, 2 gorgeous blankets, nursing pads. I'm probably forgetting something (I can't look b/c I'm at my mom's house using the computer). Everything she sent was needed & it was the perfect gift! Thanks again!

P.S. My mom & sister were at my house when it came, so we had the added bonus of ohhing & ahhing over everything together :LOL

Glad you liked it! I didn't quite know what to throw in there so I grabbed a little bit of everything! :LOL

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#23 of 40 Old 04-01-2005, 09:42 PM

Ok, I think I'm getting worried. I sent mine out a week ago. I thought the person would have gotten it now. I'm afraid dh or I might have made a mistake with the address (I wrote it on a piece of paper, he mailed it). If she doens't post that she got it soon I will send out a new package.

#24 of 40 Old 04-01-2005, 10:56 PM

Serenity - I just got the package today!!! I love the blanket. It is wonderful!!!
It is so nice and soft. Thank you so much!!! Did you make it?

Our mailman always come late and things seem to come later than normal. We actually recieved a really important bill late, and because of it we almost had to pay a couple of thousand dollars. : Luckily, we didn't have to pay anything extra because it had not been processed on the day the letter said it was going to be.
#25 of 40 Old 04-02-2005, 12:20 AM

Oh wow, that stinks about the mailman and stuff being late.

I was worrying because I think I have a bit of dyslexia. Last night I had to call my midwife and either I or the person who took the call transposed some numbers, so I was afraid I had done that again. Unfortunately I did not make it, I had someone else do it. I am not that fast and didn't know if my partner would know if they were having a boy or girl so I could start early enough to finish. I thought about trying to do it myself anyways, but am glad I didn't. Ds got bronchitis and was very cranky, just wanted to cuddle. And for an entire weekend we were up all night with 103 fevers, so I never would have gotten it done in time. I'm glad you like it. The lady sent it to me so I could see it first. It is great. I'm so glad you got it.

#26 of 40 Old 04-04-2005, 05:43 PM

Jen I got my gift on Saturday!!! Sorry it took me so long to post about it. Ds and I have a bug and his has gotten worse the last few days. So, been cuddling and sleeping a lot. Anyways, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the cutest little fleece jacket. Perfect for this fall/winter. It's gorgeous. Dd loves it. She shows it to everyone, *look what we got for my baby sister!* It's beautiful and i love it. Thanks!

#27 of 40 Old 04-04-2005, 06:41 PM

I'm so glad you like it!! Sorry it was late : I just thought it was soooo cute and I couldn't resist. If I knew I was having a girl, I would have gotten one for my baby, too!
Hope you feel better soon, we've all been hit hard with the bug, too. I've been down for 5 days already! Anyway, I'm glad it got to you okay! I hope the last weeks of your pregnancy go smoothly!!!

#28 of 40 Old 04-05-2005, 03:06 PM

I got mine yesterday-- a cute orange and yellow onesie with duckies on it, a super duper cute Gap outfit with watermelons and other fruit embroidered on it (I can't wait to put this on her!! I love fruit on clothes : ), and a Sign with Baby book for food. I wanted to do sign with Grace but never got started and DH didn't really understand the signs I wanted to use, so this will be great this time around 'cause it will be really easy for him to learn the signs to use.

My package is going out late-- should be out over the next day or so. I sincerely apologize to my partner for the delay... I had a huge setback w/ what is going in the package because of an issue (don't want to give it away), then I was traveling and I got sick... still sick. Hasn't been the best past week and a half. It's on it's way, though, I promise! I hope that my partner will love it, too!
#29 of 40 Old 04-05-2005, 03:16 PM

who was your from Linzluvs?

I love hearing about all the gifts!! Mine went out in the mail on Monday so I am jsut waiting now.....cant wait :LOL
#30 of 40 Old 04-05-2005, 03:46 PM

It was from Hope

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page