You know you're in your 3rd trimester when... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-11-2005, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wrote these in an email to friends and family this morning and thought some of you mamas might could appreciate them. It's not as bad as it sounds but I am getting closer to being awwww dun, as my DS says. Feel free to add on!

- You're in line at the grocery store check-out with your toddler in his sling and the third stranger comments on the size of your belly and without having ever spoken to you proclaims the impending arrival of your unborn child is surely upon you. You think of the ten weeks before you, look at the dozen eggs you hold in your hand and strongly contemplate the consequences of dumping them on the woman's head as opposed to setting them gently on the conveyer belt.

-Your husband makes a comment about you being as big now as you were just before giving birth to your first child. Instead of thinking it's sweet he's FINALLY taken notice of your growing abdomen, you remember when not that long ago you were asking things like, "can you tell my belly's growing yet?" on a fairly regular basis.

-You start looking things up on the internet- when exactly are a baby's lungs completely developed, are kidney's fully functional at 30 weeks, what percentage of newborns go to NICU when born this early? You begin to think maybe castor oil wouldn't taste all that bad.

-You think about the state of your bathroom shower and the fact that your mother in law will soon be arriving and think, "What the hell? Surely she's seen mildew before."

-You feel the ache in your lower back as you pick your 30 lb toddler up only to put him right back down for the millionth time in the last two hours and begin to really believe you can afford $195 a week your chiropractor wants to charge you for thrice weekly adjustments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 03-11-2005, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Bee

-You start looking things up on the internet- when exactly are a baby's lungs completely developed, are kidney's fully functional at 30 weeks, what percentage of newborns go to NICU when born this early? You begin to think maybe castor oil wouldn't taste all that bad.

:LOL :LOL This is so true!!!! I have thought that a million times already!!!!

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#3 of 13 Old 03-11-2005, 08:11 PM

Thanks for that! You made me laugh!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#4 of 13 Old 03-11-2005, 10:36 PM

That is hilarious....and soooo true!!!
#5 of 13 Old 03-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Banned

...um you should also add...

...when painting your toenails and shaving your legs give you more of a work-out than an hour of power yoga did pre-pregnancy....

No lie...that is what I experienced about 2 weeks ago....I'm gonna be a sasquach delivering this baby, but I don't give a *beep* I am NOT going through that again...lol
#6 of 13 Old 03-12-2005, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by our veggie baby
No lie...that is what I experienced about 2 weeks ago....I'm gonna be a sasquach delivering this baby, but I don't give a *beep* I am NOT going through that again...lol
I'm right there with ya! I shaved a couple of weeks ago and it took forever and I was WIPED OUT when I was finished! Gonna have longer hair than DH's when I give birth! :LOL
#7 of 13 Old 03-12-2005, 08:38 PM

Oh I gave up on shaving months ago... mostly 'cause I'm lazy

Dh doesn't mind, he just hates when legs are at the prickly point and would much prefer me to just be a hairy beast!
#8 of 13 Old 03-12-2005, 10:15 PM

Yep, hairy mama here too. I attempted to shave a week ago, it had been a good month and a half since the last time. DSD was staying at a friends house and I was planning a special night

Yeah, that was pretty challenging. But what was even harder than the legs was grooming the girly parts! :LOL

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#9 of 13 Old 03-13-2005, 03:11 PM

Quote:
-You think about the state of your bathroom shower and the fact that your mother in law will soon be arriving and think, "What the hell? Surely she's seen mildew before."
LOL!

I can't believe any of you are shaving. I don't normally anyway but it must be really difficult right now. I feel like tying my shoes is a big deal.
#10 of 13 Old 03-13-2005, 03:57 PM

I'm shaving but if any of you ever want to see a freak show that belongs in a cricus for contortion like moves my house is the way to go!!!!!

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#11 of 13 Old 03-15-2005, 09:41 PM

These are great! But I'm getting a pedicure before the baby comes. I can't really afford it, but there's a pic in my dd's scrapbook of my F-I-L touching her cheek while she lays on the bed, and in the background is my size 11, calloused foot with little stripes of what was left of some purple nail polish. Disgusting. I can't believe I let people see that. I think I have a reverse-foot fetish!

Mommy to kids

#12 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I feel like tying my shoes is a big deal
That is why every pair of shoes I wear right now are slip on! Who ever invented slip on tennis shoes and thought the were great fashion sense deserves a hug from me!

As for personal grooming, DH has already told me that if I want to go get waxed where ever before birth he is all for it and will gladly pay for it. What a sweetie! Yeah right~! Personally I think he is thinking about the birth video and what would be more aesthetically pleasing !!

Oh and you forgot to add "when you see every hour of the night from the toilet only for a few drops of pee"

#13 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

I wore mule-type sneakers with DS#1. I've worn Berkenstock mules this pregnancy. Although, within the last few days, I've started wearing the new pair of running shoes I bought just before getting pregnant . I seem to need the added support.

You know, I've considered having some waxing done before the birth. But I'm mainly a trimmer (if you kwim) as opposed to a shaver or waxer. I don't really want to be bare but I could do with a few less woolies. DH won't even consider helping.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page