Mild Cramping ?????????? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-11-2005, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been have bouts of mild cramping for a couple of days. It doesn't last for long periods of time. Sometimes, I think I may be having cramping because of bowels but then I am not sure. I have not had any (sorry if TMI) loose stool or anything and I haven't been constipated - just pretty much regular. It doesn't feel like what I would call a tightening feeling. It is definately a cramping feeling. The baby has been kicking about here and there. I have tried drinking extra fluids today as well. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I call the doctor and tell them? I don't know if I should be worried or of this is just normal during late pregnancy. Any response would help. TIA
#2 of 5 Old 03-11-2005, 06:29 PM

I've had it happen but I didn't call anyone (doctor or anybody). I just did some yoga positions and tried to relax those muscles. I also had DH mash the muscles really hard to loossen them up. All that seemed to help. The cramping feeling went away (only to return the next day). I don't know if it's normal or not but I would say if it has you worried call just to be sure.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#3 of 5 Old 03-11-2005, 09:38 PM

I have been having it also. Didn't have it with either of my others though. I am not worried about it though. No tightening or anything...just cramps and a nice belly rub makes them go away.
#4 of 5 Old 03-13-2005, 02:08 PM

I've had some cramping too that feels like menstrual cramps. My mw says that it is probably BH contractions and that i should always let her know if they continue for a while. I just have them on and off but never more than a couple in a row so its no issue but she said that it can be worth telling your mw or doc if it lasts for a long time.
#5 of 5 Old 03-14-2005, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

I was wondering if it might be BH contractions. I actually mentioned it to the dr when I was there last week but they did not seem to be worried about it and they never said what it could be

I had the cramping again yesterday for about 15 mins and then it went away. Today was cramp free. I don't have it everyday. It's very sporadic and doesn't last long. I thought BH was just a tightening feeling....... then I got to thinking about how cramping can be your muscles tightening up. Thanks for all the replies. I ask these things since I haven't experienced this before and do not know what to expect.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page