Baby Dropping already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got a M/W appointment tomorrow morning, so I'll find out soon enough anyway, but here I am at 32 weeks, and I'm about 90% sure that Azalyah has dropped....the other 10% is me thinking she's moved from head down to transverse, or back to breech.

Anyway, would this be a normal time to drop, or am I a bit ahead of schedule? I can't remember how it happened with Elijah.
#2 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 01:00 AM

I thought it was not supposed to happen this early, especially with second timers. But, I too have felt and seen a noticeable drop this week. I don't feel like baby is engaged or anything, but I can tell my belly is lower, and the pressure on my bladder has intensified. I am seeing my MW tomorrow, too--we will have to compare notes!
#3 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 04:18 AM

Same here. I am a LOT smaller than i have been being and my bladder can't hold near as much. I am also seeing my midwife tomorrow.
#4 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 11:44 AM

I'm joining you! And I'm at 30 weeks. If it hasn't dropped per se, then it definitely moved to head down after being transverse for the entire pg. LEt us know what's up after your app't!
#5 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Well, my M/W confirmed that she is definately lower than she was...but she's there by her own choice. Her head isn't below my pelvic line which would mean that the baby has "dropped." So thats good. She said that it just means that Azalyah's moving around in there - and the only time that she would be concerned is IF she did turn herself around at this point...and M/W said she really doesn't think that she will. She suspects that I have a bit more room for her to move around since this is my 2nd pregnancy - and its back to back with the other one...well there's 9 months in between there . It does mean that at this point she can either be really low (in the bladder...I'm having that same problem everyone else is mentioning...anyone else TIRED of going to the bathroom every 20 minutes for a trickle? :LOL ) Or she can move back up to being really high...and her feet pushing on my ribs...hmm, which is better??

I think her moving down like that has also been causing a bit of pain while I'm sleeping. Her head must be resting on a tendon down there and I'll wake up with sharp pains...and barely can move because of them. 7(ish) more weeks to go! (its almost hard to believe THAT too!)

Okay, so what are the other M/W's saying??? I'm on visits every 2 weeks now. I honestly can't believe I'm actually at this phase.
#6 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 03:13 PM

You know, the babes are also starting to seriously gain weight after having finished developing fully, so some of what everyone is feeling is probably the baby being physically heavier. I know that I can feel this baby's head in just above my pubic bone and that sometimes I feel like I've got to open my legs a little bit to give her the proper room (plus I'm weird and think maybe I'm pinching her). I can also feel her spin her head on my cervix as well as putting her hands near her head and pressing a little harder on my bladder at certain moments. My husband must think I'm a loon because I'll periodically say strange things out loud like, "don't make mama pee, baby!" Of course, that's nothing compared to the things I find coming out of my mouth at my two-year-old, this morning's sentence I never thought I'd hear myself say being, "Lay down el chupacabra so I can wipe your butt!"

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#7 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss
"Lay down el chupacabra so I can wipe your butt!"
:LOL I call DH chupacabra all the time!!!!

Man, I wish I was feeling this baby lower. I've had a foot stuck in my rib for the past three days. At first I thought it was kinda neat, not anymore

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#8 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomAnita4Jesus
(in the bladder...I'm having that same problem everyone else is mentioning...anyone else TIRED of going to the bathroom every 20 minutes for a trickle? :LOL )
Gotta Pee, Gotta Pee, I gotta pee! That is my new mantra. LOL! And that little tug on the bladder that hurts, lovely!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#9 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 10:39 PM

I saw the MW today and she confirmed that baby is head down. She thinks he is LOT so just gotta keep him that way for 7 or 8 weeks. He hasn't really "dropped" as in dropped into the pelvis. I guess I knew that, but I feel like he is lower than before. And today I am having shooting pains in my groin and have started waddling like a duck! :LOL I really don't remember having all that this early last time.

Also I'm measuring 2 cm ahead now, where 2 weeks ago (same MW) I was right on target. So that doesn't go along with dropping, either. Babe is just putting on weight, I guess.
#10 of 10 Old 03-15-2005, 09:51 AM

I've been feeling different with this one too. Definitely lots of peeing going on! The joke at my office is that if you can't find me, I'm either getting food or peeing.

So, here's a question for ya -- anyone seriously think boy pregnancies are different from girl pregnancies? I ask because this baby is positioned pretty differently than my dd was (which could just be due it being a second pregnancy or because this is a different baby but...) and I am having sex dreams and thoughts like crazy. No action but the thoughts are there. With dd, sex was the furthest thing from my mind for the entire pregnancy.

Aw heck, it probably doesn't mean anything other than I'm now getting anxious to know if this bean is a boy or a girl. :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page