treating depression?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-14-2005, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have stuggled with depression for years now and have been on and off meds. When I was pregnant with my son I came off of them and haven't been on any since. (He is 2 1/2) I'm now pregnant with #2 and its coming back BAD. I have tried taking more Vit B but now my midwife suggests meds. I feel so guilty and scared to be doing this but she thinks it will only get worse if I leave it. Its affecting my everyday life and raising my son but I guess I just keep thinking it will get better. Does anyone have advice or experience with taking meds while pregnant? BTW I'm 32 weeks.
Any help would be MUCH apprecaited.

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#2 of 3 Old 03-15-2005, 12:08 PM

rainbowfairymomma s to you! I understand where you are. I too have been on meds for depression. I fear PPD with this babe, as when I had my DD it was so much worse than my DS. Go Figure???
Anyway, not much advice, just support. I am also reading a really insightful book from my midwife. It is called Womens Moods. It is written by an MD who had PPD border PP psychosis. It goes into how our brain chemistry works, and how our female hormones effect it. Like I said, pretty insightful. There is a care plan in the book, but I have not gotten there yet. I am hoping it will help me when I delivery this DD.
Take Care.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#3 of 3 Old 03-15-2005, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

thank you, i might go and look for the book.
I started researching about meds and pregnancy and I'm really not sure I feel comfortable taking them...
I think I probably will as soon as I deliver (so I will have to find something ok for breastfeeding) but I'm just not sure I can do this to my child....
take care

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page