Baby Shower help?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-21-2005, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our church is going to be throwing us a baby shower (after the baby since we don't know what it is) but everyone is pretty mainstream. We have a registry at babiesrus : it was easier this way though so we would actually get things we want.
Anyway here's the delema... on our gift registry we have written that we don't want any bath, lotions, etc... since we prefer to use only organic/natural of these things.
However, what if people don't look at the registry? Do you think its appropriate to let whomever it is organising to know how we feel? the thing is I REALLY appreciate that they are doing this for us and don't want to come off as rude etc... but then i will feel awkward at the shower if we do get all these johnson and johnson things!

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#2 of 6 Old 03-21-2005, 07:56 PM

Just my two cents but I would let people buy what they want. You can always take it back and apply the money to something you'll actually use. It was so much fun with DS#1 to take stuff back and then have credit at the different stores to buy whatever I wanted. That way also saves you from coming off rude. At the shower if you open yucky products just think of the thing you'll be trading it in for and smile graciously.
#3 of 6 Old 03-21-2005, 08:02 PM

I wouldn't specify. My husband was shocked when I said I wanted to register somewhere for my baby shower. They just didn't do that in his family. My mom has a hard time with it too. Based on that they don't look at registeries. Seems to be a common train of thought...you know, they are buying you a GIFT, you should accept it. We took some things back and got stuff we needed/wanted that fit our style and whatnot. I think it limits people if you say not to get certain things...after all YOU know where to buy the stuff for your family but they might not and they might not want to take the time to find out. If I had said what not to get based on preferences I don't think I would have received anything. We got bottles (his sister gives us one every time we have a gift giving occasion) and dispoasables. Those are things I didn't want at all. Just took them back and got what we wanted!

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#4 of 6 Old 03-21-2005, 11:15 PM

I agree that you can just return/exchange any unwanted items so don't worry about it.
#5 of 6 Old 03-22-2005, 11:32 PM

i agree.. just accept gifts graciously.. and discreetley return later if necessary!

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#6 of 6 Old 03-24-2005, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thanx mommas I hope you all don't think I'm rude : cuz I really do appreciate them doing this and spending the time and money to go buy us things.
anyway I'm not worried about it anymore I think I just to relax :LOL

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page