How's everyone feeling??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 03-24-2005, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello mama's!!

Just wanted to see how everyone is doing, our forum has been pretty quiet lately. I'm feeling suprisingly well. I've been hungry and have some energy... I'm feeling really preggo, though. My belly feels so full all the time, but I'm really enjoying being pregnant. I'm getting excited to go and see my family in California in a couple of weeks. I haven't seen my dad since August...boy is he going to be in for something seeing me that big!!! MIL and FIL are here in town visiting for the whole week. I was sooooo nervous at first. I don't know why, I get along with them perfectly, I guess it's because it's the first time they've come to see us since we moved to Oregon 1 1/2 years ago. At least my house is sparkly clean now :LOL I'm looking forward to my baby shower in CA, I'm feeling like I want to fill the closets and diaper baskets, so I really want to see what sort of things I get : That sounds so ungrateful... but I'm really looking forward to doing some shopping myself and I've been waiting until after the shower, I'm getting ancy!!! DH has an interview tomorrow for a second job, crossing my fingers that he'll get it, so he doesn't have to work all night shifts at his restaurant anymore. Plus we need the extra income, I don't get anything for maternity leave, so that's a lot of lost wages, even if I only take 6 weeks off. I'm hoping to take more, but I need to figure out how to make money while I'm home... all the WAHM stuff I find seems like such scams...

I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying these last weeks of being preggo!!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#2 of 17 Old 03-25-2005, 01:37 AM

At the moment, I have a terrible cold so I feel like crap. I need to go to the chiro too as my hips, pelvis & low back are all rather achey. I never did get into doing the prenatal yoga this pregnancy like I did last. Maybe there's still time. I'm sure some cat cows would be helpful right about now.

I'm feeling huge, though I've still got 9 1/2 weeks to go. My round ligaments have been tender for awhile now, so when the midwife pokes me a little rough or the baby kicks, sometimes it hurts, which sucks. Ever so often the babe hits a new level of activity and I think she must have just gained a half-pound or so.

Right now I'm mainly scared of the baby wanting to make an early arrival. I haven't really figured out which emergency room accepts my insurance for our backup plan, which I honestly hadn't even though of until just now. I had a baby shower last Saturday, but it was small since this is a second baby, so there wasn't a whole lot that I was depending on from that. I ordered my birth kit yesterday and the homebirth-focused baby book I wanted today, so I feel more prepared now than before. The only things I have left to do are to 1) get more nursing pads; 2) buy a boppy, or request one from friends; 3) get my little sister's dresser from her somehow and sand it and replace the pulls; 4) wash all the clothes and diapers; 5) figure out food for after the birth and snacks & drinks for labor; 6) get my sling from my WAHM friend; 7) get Aleks a gift for when the baby comes and 8) nest. Maybe #8 will get me to accomplish the rest. Those are all the things that I need to do for the baby's arrival, but there's a million other things that I want to get done before she gets here. I have several projects that I need to finish that have nothing to do with her. Eh - maybe the MDC Cookbook can live without art.

One wonderful recent development is that we're going on vacation at the end of July!!! We haven't been on vacation in years. We're going to stay in a beach house in the Outer Banks for a week with my family. It's going to just be the 8 of us and it will be so nice. DS will love it and I think it sounds so relaxing.

So that's how I am.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#3 of 17 Old 03-25-2005, 07:26 AM

Well if you look at the timing of this post you will see that the 3rd trimester insomnia has set in! ARGH! I am tired, I need to sleep, I just can't. I even took some benedryl for my darn runny nose and all I do is yawn, but not fall asleep!

Let's see, other than that oh and the late night heartburn (which I am sure is adding to the insomnia) I would rate most days a 7 now. Which is way up from most being around a 3 or 4 for the last 6 months!

My hips are hurting now after I spend a lot of time on my feet, which is impossible not to do with my two incredibly active boys!

Quote:
I'm sure some cat cows would be helpful right about now
Tell me more! I took some yoga, but because of driving distance to the studio and being out of town I am out of practice and I can't ever remember the names of the positions. But I am willing to try anything to relieve the hip pain.

I too need to see a chiro. I have missed being treated through out this pregnancy like I was with my last one. I am still trying to find one that does the type of treatments I like and that has experience with prenatal care.

Well DS#2 just woke up for the 3rd time tonight (totally out of character for him!) I hope he isn't getting sick. Off to go rock/comfort little man.

Blessings,
N~
#4 of 17 Old 03-25-2005, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFae
Tell me more! I took some yoga, but because of driving distance to the studio and being out of town I am out of practice and I can't ever remember the names of the positions. But I am willing to try anything to relieve the hip pain.
Try this site: http://www.journey-to-self.com/yoga%20postures.htm
Scroll down to Cat-Cow.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#5 of 17 Old 03-25-2005, 12:37 PM

Thanks!

Great site with good descriptions.

N~
#6 of 17 Old 03-25-2005, 02:04 PM

Hello Ladies! Who would have thought that the 3rd trimester would have come so fast!

Overall, I am feeling pretty good. I feel better when it is NOT raining, that is for sure. Here in So.Cal we have had the most rain, EVER! I have to say that the clouds do effect my mood. Today the sun is out & I am so glad!

I am working on getting my birth kit together too. A friend that delivered in Dec, gave me her left overs. Dh works for a hospital, so he has been collecting some perks and such. The rest I will order in a week or two.

I had an appointment with a NP. That was awful. She had a really old doppler & dug into my belly so hard, it hurt. I felt bruised afterwards. Not to mention I have an anterior placenta & had that "slight" abruption problem in Dec/Jan. (She did not find the HB long enough to get a count) Ticked me off! Not sure why I agreed to see her in the first place, she is the one that missed my tumor 2 years ago!! I am so ready to drop this concurrent care thing, but Dh feels it is still a good idea. All my other appointments are with my MD accept 1 & that is with another MD that people rave about.

I have not started nesting yet. I do need to get that kick in the behind. Dh is going to build a side car & we still need a car seat. I think once those are settled I will feel better. I do not have a shower until May 14, but my friends keep telling me I will be pretty prepared.

I have been working on my birth fears. I have my 2 support persons coming with me to my next midwife appointment so that everyone is on the same page. I know I will be well supported during this birth.

OK this is getting really long. Everyone have a great day!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#7 of 17 Old 03-25-2005, 03:16 PM

oh annakiss I want to go back to the outter banks!! I love it there. So beautiful and peaceful. We went camping there for a week. Well I did with my ex-bf. That was about 9 years ago. It was awsome. I love the beach there. so jealous.

I am feeling pretty good. I finally got a midwife. Seems like I was in denial about this baby until about 3 weeks ago. And then...I realized that babe was comming really soon. It is snowing here today...melting as soon as it hits the ground but still. I am noticing spring, which is putting me in a way better mood. flowers are poking out of the ground!! I am BIG. I feel so full it is hard for me to eat. My pelvic bones hurt really bad, hard for me to get up from bed, the floor etc.

Wishing this baby would come early so I wont be pregnant, although I am not ready. At all

darkstar
#8 of 17 Old 03-25-2005, 04:32 PM

I am tired and cranky and sore. If I spend too much time on my feet, they swell and my pelvis ACHES!! I am getting regular heartburn, no matter what I do. SIgh. Well, I only have 5 + weeks to go at this point. That is, if I go full term.

My husband is picking up some slack, but it just never feels like enough. Of course, it doesn't help that I spend at least 12 hours in bed a night (and usually really want a nap too!!).

Awe, the adventure of twins, I wouldn't trade it for the whole world!!

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#9 of 17 Old 03-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Banned

Good to see a "check in" thread! I am glad to see most of you are okay other than the "normal" pregnancy stuff.

I am feeling okay, though I feel the gravitational pull of my belly! It feels SO heavy and like it is sinking towards the floor...midwife confirmed she is head down (for now, hope she stays!) so that may be why I feel that all of the sudden...

Feet swelling to a gross degree when standing a lot...though it is normal, as they go down when I put my feet up for a while---flip flops look REAL attractive...cankles anyone?

heartburn, now, as we speak...grrrr...

doing stuff is harder and harder, like laundry and the like...hubby is helping a lot but the control freak part of me would rather do it myself, I have to learn to surrender and to accept help when offered!!

Other than that, pretty good...though my sleep is crap because I have to pee, pee, pee, pee, pee, pee, pee, pee...on average about 4 times a night, which is SO annoying, especially when it is like a tablespoon!

On the other hand, when she kicks it is all worth it! I can't wait to meet her!
#10 of 17 Old 03-26-2005, 02:36 AM

Hi everyone,

I am having the same sort of stuff going on here... HEARTBURN!!! Day and night. Wakes me up. If I have even gotten to sleep with all the insomnia. I just can't get comfy. Then having my almost 3 year old who wants to sleep realllly close to mommy and my DH's snoring, egads.

I feel huge! Baby kicks so hard at night, yet another something keeping me awake. At 33 weeks I can't even imagine getting still bigger. Oh my.
I got some belly photos taken the other day which was really fun. I will post them if they come with online proofs.

I am actually looking forward to this birth. Part of me really really wants to do it all unassisted. But I still have fears and at this point I think they will keep me from staying home. But maybe not. I think about it most every day, and often visualize birthing in my bedroom. I think I need to buy some basic supplies to have on hand. I don't feel a lot of nesting yet. I have all the things we need for baby, but we still haven't done anything about rearranging things so baby's stuff is in one room. If baby came right now we would have all his clothes and diapers and changing area in ds's bedroom, which is pretty tiny. DH laughs at me and asks what's the difference anyway, this baby will be in our bed for several years just like ds so why do they need their own rooms?

Is anyone else working on freezing meals and snacks for postpartum? I started out so ambitiously a few weeks ago, and was making double meals so I could freeze half, once or twice a week, but have slacked off. Lately I am doing well if I can throw something decent together for dinner at the last minute. Anybody have recipes that are good for freezing? Maybe that should be another thread...
#11 of 17 Old 03-26-2005, 02:56 AM

I am miserable. Heartburn, pelvic pain, can't sleep more than an hour at a time, abdominal pain from my muscle pulling and stretching, back pain, leg pain....ugggggg.

I am only 33 weeks and i feel like i am overdue already. Everybody around me thinks i am having twins. No sono so i have no clue. Midwife sayes only one based on fundal height and only one heartbeat. I think only one....very big baby.

DH has been home all this week. We were unable to pay the truck payment so we voluntarialy let it be repoed. He will be starting work at another company Monday. It has been nice to have him home....but not nice that there is no money coming in for another couple weeks. Also with the new company it is highly unlikely that he will be home again until the end of April.

I guess i am also just having a bad day and want to whine and complain a little. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
#12 of 17 Old 03-26-2005, 01:39 PM

Overall I am doing pretty well. I have everything pretty much together for the baby now and am anxiously awaiting his/her arrival. At the m/w appt last week she told me that becasue the baby is so very low she does not want me doing a lot of physical activity. I have told dd that I can't carry her right now becasue I am not strong enough and she is not taking it well.

Last week our landloards decided to put the house on the market so I am moving at the end of April Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I will be spending most of the next week or 2 looking for a place to live. It is a bit overwhelming right now because the baby is coming so soon but thank goodness my mom decided to come out early to help me out with everything. She will be here next Saturday and will be a huge help with dd, packing, ect.

I always know there was something not quite right about my m/w and I just realized that is the lack of personal relationship between her and I. When I am in with her I feel like just another paitent, you know? I do like her a lot otherwise but I'm not sure I would use her again becasue of this. Luckily I found a wonderful Doula that has already been over to my home twice and spent several hours getting to know us all. She is wonderful and I am so looking forward to laboring with her assistance.
#13 of 17 Old 03-27-2005, 01:34 AM

I feel pretty good most days, but last night while taking off my pants, of all things, I did something bad to my pelvis and hips. holy cow. I didnt' sleep, I could hardly walk to the bathroom without falling over from the pain. WHich was bad because every time I woke up I would drink some water, because I was dying fo thirst, then I would have to pee more so I would get up, hobble into the bathroom, then drink some water, then do it all over again. I have never felt anything so awful in quite a while.
But most of the time I am good. I can't believe all of the things I haven't thought of this time. Like getting the baby clothes out of storage, and where in the heck we are going to put them in our one bedroom apt. Or cooking meals to freeze. Yeah right. Here's hoping my family feels like cooking extra for us. Last time I was so on top of things. But last time, I wasn't in school for the last few months. Most of the time, all I can do is wash diapers and do school work. And now I have a poster presentation to do at the end of April, which is very scary. Well, now I am good and flustered. Better get back ot my school work, or house work, or research/ poster presentation, or any of hte other million things that just can't wait.

Louise
#14 of 17 Old 03-28-2005, 10:35 AM

33 weeks 3 days here.

Feeling a bit nervous yet not nervous as Friday and 34 weeks approaches (my dd was born at 34 weeks). I didn't realize last time that I was feeling a bit crappy and swelling a lot with dd but I feel better this time around so I think this baby will stay in - hopefully to 40 weeks. My feet swell some at the end of the day but I don't have carpal tunnel like I did before. I do feel big - I am exploding out of my clothes but don't want to buy new ones if I'm only going to wear them for 2 weeks. People who see me are surprised that my due date is less than 7 weeks away. I have a long, watermelon belly and it just doesn't stick out far but I am measuring right on. This baby doesn't move as much or like my dd did which makes me a little nervous sometimes.

I've got the baby clothes organized and am getting closer to finishing my home dec projects so I should be ready. I just got the circ article reprint from mothering and need to get dh to read it. I don't think it will be difficult to convince him not to circ but who knows.
#15 of 17 Old 03-28-2005, 11:12 AM

I feel pretty good most of the time. I had a bad hip pain the other day but I believe it was the baby's position because the next day it was all better. I am not suffering insomnia right now, but expect that will not last. I have been experiencing it off and on throughout this pregnancy. Everyone thinks this baby is going to come in April. I don't have any thoughts of feelings on when he will come. I just figure when it's time for him he'll come.
#16 of 17 Old 03-28-2005, 01:35 PM

I am glad everyone is still here it is nice to read about everyone's update.
Audreysmom- too bad about the last minute move I have moved during the last months of two of my pregnancies and it is a bit overwhelming make sure you get lots of help.

I am feeling really upbeat this week. I have been worried all along about the development and amniotic fluid levels of this baby, and I have decided that I know in my heart that she is okay and is growing well, I decided to not have anymore ultrasounds to monitor fluid levels or growth because they will probably just say more of the same thing and not reassure me anyway so just a big waste of time. I am focusing on keeping the baby happy inside at least for the next three weeks ( I really don't want another baby in the nicu) the last two babies were born at 33 and 35 weeks so I will be breathing a sigh of relief when may 5 comes and I am offically "full term" I have almost all of my diapers here, (not washed : ) the little clothes are all washed but in boxes and this weekend I cleaned out and emptied the new babies room. so I feel a little bit better. My husband has been really helpful, doing all sorts of things I have been harrasing him about all year (finaly the trim molding is up on the wall yeah!) and the house is vaccumed and clean
I have had some serious nesting issues so things are really getting done. My Dad (who I haven't seen since nov) is coming tomorrow to paint me a pink room and I decided if I make it to term that is the room I am going to have my home birth in. My boys have watched a bunch of birth videos and are excited that the baby is going to be born soon.
I hope everyone has a great week.
crystal
#17 of 17 Old 03-29-2005, 06:27 PM

Feeling a little nervous, actually, for the first time (with kid number three). I guess I know what is coming: up all night with contractions, vomiting, the streatching and tearing and burning... I am excited to have the baby but... I don't know why but a little nervous that the baby might come early. This pregnancy has been so different from the other two. With the other two I was much more in denial about what is about to happen, plus I gained a lot more weight and had a ton more cravings. This time I have only gained 19 lbs so far. I should be happy but it dosen't make me happy- it makes me nervous. I don't know... I am nervous that they got my due date wrong even with the US (they did last time...she was born at 41 wks but when she came out they said she was actually 40 weeks.)

For some reason I am just worrying all of the sudden. What if the baby came early? I am so behind on prep: we need a bigger bed, the baby swing motor is broken, I have zero newborn late spring/summer clothes, I need to finish getting my other kid's summer clothes together (see previous post on newborn Summer clothes) bf. the baby comes, I need a new stroller, we need a bigger dresser for the kid's room- and it's really hard to get any of this done with no money and no car during the day! I know that these are all pretty much irrational worries... I can always go shopping at night when the kids are in bed and all these other things will work themselves out. I am just not looking forward to continuing our life in this miniscule, third floor apartment (with no elevator).... sorry I am going on and on!

Physically, I'm ok more or less. It's hard to do anything because I get SO many braxton-hicks from cleaning, cooking, taking the kids outside, esp. in the evening. It's weird. It feels like my uterus is hyperactive but the midwife says all these b-h are pretty common by the third time around. She told me to have half a glass of wine! Actually what helps is laying down and getting a foot massage

I just feel like knitting. I need a knitting project. I think that will help me to channel some of that excess mental/worrying energy. Got some money owed to me the other day and I think I'm gonna blow it on yarn (for the baby, of course- never mind that summer is coming!)

Thanks for listening.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page