Wwyd? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-28-2005, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer this week. She will start Chemo soon, and then have a lumpectomy. I really, really want her to be at Myla's birth, and she has been very excited about being there (we decided this before her diagnosis). Since we know that she will having her chemo on Mondays we know she will not be feeling well the tues. & wed. following the appts. I am considering asking the OB to induce me once I am closer to my due date (May 3rd) so that I can be sure to have Myla on a Thurs. or Fri. so that my mom can feel well enough to be there. Does this seem silly to you? WWYD? Thanks!

AmiBeth

#2 of 3 Old 03-28-2005, 08:13 PM

So sorry to hear about your mom...

Hopefully, some of the nice and very knowedgeable midwives here will come and answer.

I just wanted to reply. We went through cancer and chemo with my FIL, and now my stepdad has prostate cancer.

I have never experienced induction - medical or natural.

My births were unmedicated.

I am a doula, and from everything I understand and know, if you are medically induced and your body is not ready, you have a much higher chance of a c-section. I can sooooo understand and appreciate that you want your mom there, I just don't know if induction will hurt you more than help you.

~Wanda
#3 of 3 Old 03-28-2005, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Wanda, thanks for your reply!

Well, I had an induction w/#2 at 43+ weeks (b/c apparently I was never going to go into labor on my own). It was a much better birth experience than w/#1 where I went into labor at 43+ weeks & then had to have pitocin for non-porgressing labor. I have been taking Dr. Christopher's Prenatal formula & will take EPO starting at 37 weeks to hopefully nudge my body along a bit. I would prefer to go into labor on my own, but since my mom is supposed to be there we didn't hire a doula (really can't afford it at this point) & my DH has a difficult time during labor, so I really want another support person there. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page