My Nanny is a Mama!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-03-2005, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, she is not my nanny, but she was my kids long term babysitter. I met her when she was 14 years old & she was such a blessing into my life. DS was under one then. She was AWESOME!!! So good with my kids, so gentle. She would sling DS. She never yelled or became frustrated with them. She would come & just hang out & play when I need some extra time to scrub a tub, wash the floor, etc. She came with us to Disneyland so we could take turns going on rides while one of us held DS. She would dog sit. When it came for her to start college, I was in classes too & she would compare her schedule to mine to make sure there was someone at my house to watch my kids. So needless to say she was AWESOME & then some!!!

Then last year their (her & her Mother) visas expired & our stupid goverment refused to grant them an extention. She became pregnant about 6 weeks before me & I think that even brought us closer, but she had to move back to Canada. I was (am) so sad.

I got a call yesterday. She had her baby! 2 weeks before her due date. I have not talked to her yet, she did not leave a # for the hospital. I am so excited for her. I can not wait to hear her birth story. I miss her so much, I wish I could just fly up to see her & take care her a bit. Anyway, I had to share. She was/is such an important person in my kids life. I am sad I can not see her be a mother, I know she will be great at it.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page