36weekers thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-04-2005, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I can't get over how I am 36wks. already...BLAMO it just happened! Yet it is now going so slow...I am very anxious to have this pg over with! It was an unplanned yet pleasant surprise but I have been perpetually pg for 3yrs. straight!! I am nervous about having a 16mo. old and a newborn but it'll be fine...we'll manage. I know SO much more this time around than I did with our first.

I am SO uncomfortable. I shouldn't have done it but at my 36wk. appt. last Friday I had my OB check to see if I was dilated b/c I have been having some pretty harsh contractions, some BHX, some all over. Yet nothing was happening...sigh. I am now feeling VERY menstraul, like I am getting my period or something. I did demand the GBS test b/c I did have it with my first child yet I don't want IV antibiotics if I don't have too. We'll find out if I got it or not this Friday at my 37wk. appt. I sure hope I don't.

There is so much I should be doing to prepare for this new arrival but I have SO little energy especially with a 15mo. old at home. I know, I know...

At least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now (or so I tell myself). In a matter of weeks it WILL be over with!!

Take care all...
#2 of 6 Old 04-04-2005, 02:42 PM

I know what you mean! I can't believe I am 36 weeks~ I swear I just found out I was pg! :LOL Besides the sore hips, I feel great! Much better than last time! I have to go pick out paint today so DH can paint the nursery this week. And I need to get a few more things for baby (co-sleeper, sposies for first few weeks, etc.) and myself (post-partum supplies). I cannot wait to have this baby. We are having ALL of my greandpa's 6 siblings & their spouses visit the area in early May for my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary (May 14) & I would if they could all see the baby! I am starting to get impatient!

#3 of 6 Old 04-04-2005, 02:48 PM

I can't believe it either!!! I feel pretty good as far as pregnancy goes. I have the hurting hips but that is about it. No swelling or anything like that - YET!!!
I am ready and I am not. It seems like the weeks are flying by ever so quickly. My horomones have been raging off and on like crazy and making me seem like a nut case but I keep telling myself this is just part of it. Hopefully, DH can keep telling himself that too and he won't want a divorce in the next few weeks!! We have everything we need and all I need to do is get some stuff organized.

My bestest friend bought me an electric breast pump and I am so excited about it!! She's awesome!!!
#4 of 6 Old 04-04-2005, 02:52 PM
nym

I'm so glad it's almost full term time!
#5 of 6 Old 04-05-2005, 12:15 AM

Im 36 weeks too

I delivered my first at 36.6 weeks & my 2nd at 36.3 weeks..
7 lbs & 7 lbs 4 oz

so.. Im both anxious & hopefull.. I hope its this week or weekend for me.. I am bigger, more tired & more sore then my other 2 pgs.. Im ready to be DONE being pg..lol
#6 of 6 Old 04-07-2005, 10:59 PM

Woo hoo for 36 weeks!

My birth tub was delivered today and is making a horrid screeching sound as it heats up the water. I'm going to have to check about that.... But seeing it here in my bay window of my living room makes me realize how close everything is getting. Wow.

Sounds like I am not the only one suffering through hip pain. I was doing well until last weekend, when suddenly it started feeling like I was about to snap in half and become paralyzed!

Here's to no more crazy discomfort...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page