April Thread - 4/5 - 4/18 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Valeria - you're too funny! You said you don't have anything ready for the baby and you don't have names either? :LOL Sorry to laugh. Where's that nesting instinct when you need it??? Don't worry, you'll get it together. Kids don't need names right away anyhow. In Denmark, they don't name their children for the first year. They refer to them as "little one" instead and learn about the baby before they give them a name. You're also having a summer baby, so it's not like you'll need lots of clothes or anything. When you AP, kids don't need much. There's no crib to buy if you co-sleep. No formula or bottles, etc. if you breastfeed. Heck! If you EC, you won't even need diapers (or at least not many).

Don't worry! You'll get it together!

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 03:06 PM

Thanks AnnaKiss!

Len~ I would defintieltely get the stretch cotton for summer~ the fleece would be too warm from what I've heard. Also the maker of Hotslings is going to be offering these soon: http://www.theslingset.com/index.html They are supposed to be great!

As for choosing a name~ we have friends who waited over a month to name their baby. The right name will come at the right time.

#33 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 03:08 PM

anna, the whole pregnancy I have not been your typical pregnant woman, so the lack of nesting instinct is not exception. I've got none of that going on.

I have to find out about the name situation - wouldn't we need to give the health insuarance company the baby's name almost right away? not sure about that yet. I also want to get some kind of a feel for the baby before "assigning" a name to it that will be carried on through its entire life, but when we hardly like 1 boy name and no girl names ... it's not easy!

having a summer baby does put me more at ease about the clothes I'll need for it, but overall I just feel overwhelmed and clueless. ;(

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#34 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 03:13 PM

o, yea, and it doen't help that we're trying to choose names of a certain heritage starting with a certain letter. narrows our choices down drastically. ;(

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#35 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Amibeth - I too send you my best wishes concerning your mother. I hope she can recieve the treatment needed and gets better very soon.

Annakiss- I figured it was BH but wasn't sure. Thanks for the response and the good luck wishes because I need them all around right now

Valerie - Don't stress yourself. I believe you'll have it all together by the time that baby gets here ... or at least you'll have all that you need. I know several people who didn't have names for their babies when they were born or had names but didn't feel like those names fit the baby so don't stress over that. The name will come to you when it is time!!!

As far as clothes, I see my baby only dressed for public and wearing only a CD the rest of the time. It gets so hot and humid here in the summer. Besides I think naked babies are sooo precious!!!
#36 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 04:11 PM

I'm super exhausted too - really isn't normal. I don't remember being this exhausted with my last pregnancy, but maybe I was. I did quit work a week early because I was so tired, but that was at 39 weeks and I'm only 33 now.

Len - You can have your midwife check your blood count and see if you are running low on iron. Most prenatals do have iron in them, but you might want to double check. I am always on the low side so I'm really suspicious that it might be the iron.

We are just totally boluxed on the name thing as well - you may have seen my Jackson or Fletcher post on the pregnancy board. Of course asking everyone what they thought really didn't help! We just feel stuck. Maybe I should just flip a coin, heh. Last night DH suggested we just name him both and then we can postpone the decision even further :LOL :LOL :LOL

I have family visiting next week and all through the week after so if I can make it through until then I can rest. Though I'd really prefer the house not be a mess when they arrive

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#37 of 50 Old 04-08-2005, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Hello mama's

Today, my mama and my daddy and I are going shopping!!! I am soo excited. We are going baby shopping - of course!!! My sinuses seem to be better today than they have been. The rain we've had over the past couple of days has probably helped. I hope you other mama's are getting better from your ailments too. I just went to wake my mom up (she lives 2 miles down the street and is a hard sleeper, so I had to get her moving so we could go on our family shopping trip) and she said she thinks the baby has dropped. I hope he has because that will mean I : *might* : make it through without new stretch marks!!! I have stretch marks already on various parts of my body due to puberty and a sudden weight gain at the time.
I have been doing laundry and getting all those cute little clothes ready for use!!!
How is everyone else doing right now? Great - I hope.
#38 of 50 Old 04-14-2005, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

It is in the middle of the 2nd week of April !!! Only 2-1/2 more weeks til May.
I remember my first post waaaaaayyyyyyy back in August which seems like just a few weeks ago. I remember thinking at my first appointment how long it would be until my 20 week appt for the u/s. It seemed like an eternity away at the time. Now I can't believe it has already been 17-1/2 weeks since then and I am 2-1/2 weeks away from my edd.

Today I have been sort of up and down. My horomones are getting to me this evening. I feel like a mad woman in a rage. Everything is irritating me. Everything my dh says or does is annoying me. I told him I was sorry for being this way and I don't like it but I can't seem to control it. Now, he's irritated and making it worse for both of us. I feel so so tired and a little nauseated at the moment but I know this will pass.

I have more to say but I just don't feel like it at the moment. I am going to rest for a while.........
#39 of 50 Old 04-14-2005, 01:03 AM

I just saw this thread. Wow am I behind. Haven't had a chance to read all of it, so just basically subscribing. And a bit of an update I copy/pasted from somewhere else.

I saw the evil midwife yesterday. I lost a half a pound and she was nicer. Said my fasting sugars are still a bit high, though. I told her I thought Madalyn had dropped a bit and she agrees. I'm starting perineal massage and then on Saturday starting EPO. It's a bit earlier than usual, but because of the baby being big, due to the gd, they are going to start everything a bit early. I think she said I will be starting cohosh at 37 weeks. All this is fine with me. If I get to 38 weeks they are going to do another u/s to check her size. I asked the other midwife if she would let me go past my due date and she said no. I think she worries about me going to my due date. She rarely induces, but if the baby is as big as they think she might be, I think they are worried about me needing a c-section. I always swore after dd that I would never be induced again. But I feel really peaceful about this. I don't know, maybe it's because I don't think I'll make it that far. I hope not. Induction means a hospital birth.

After my appointment yesterday I went to get my kids from mil. She had taken them upstairs at some point (it's a loft room), I think for a nap. She had left ds's shoes up there and sent dd after them. Ds tried to follow. Her stairs are pretty scary, they are steep, although carpeted, but the scare part is there is no railing and on one side there is no wall, just empty space where a child could fall into the living room. So I told ds no and was trying to get up off the couch tog et him. Mil picked him up and said *No, remember grandma will spank* Before I could tell her no, don't, she did. I was shocked and just sat there like a stupid idiot. I am so mad at myself. And really mad at her. DH is going to call her today and tell her we don't want her spanking our children. SHe knows that we don't spank, I have told her, but I think he's just going to act as if she doesn't and ask her not to. I'm ok with that, as long as something is said. I wish I would have said something, but I cna't change it. I was sitting there cuddling my baby trying really hard not to cry myself. Grr....why did she have to do that?

SInce then dh has called his mom and just told her that we don't spank and to please not spank our children. He didn't say what I wanted him to (he never does, silly guy. Why can't he just listen to me? :LOL ) But he did call her and get the point across, so I'm ok with it.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#40 of 50 Old 04-14-2005, 02:18 PM

Serenity - omg!!! I would so not be okay with MIL if she did that. It would seriously cross a line for me. Hitting my kids or any kid for that matter is NOT okay in my book. I would probably go off. Or maybe not. I don't ever have situations where I would actually go off in, so it's hard for me to gauge what I would actually do, but I would hope that I would go off, or make DH do it anyway.

I went to the midwife on Friday and I'm measuring about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks ahead. But I'm hoping that doesn't actually mean anything. Since I'm positive about my dates having charted, I think it's just a bigger baby or a bigger belly the second time around. Of course, then I was telling my mom yesterday about all the stuff I've been doing and this urgent need I feel to make lists of all the things that we have to have done before the baby is born and she said, "uh-oh... this baby is going to come early." But I don't want the baby to come early. And I'm only 33 1/2 weeks anyhow. Much too early right now, though I really don't think that anything's going to happen right now anyway. And Aleks was late, so there's no real reason to expect to go early at all this time.

Other than that, feeling okay. Hip, pelvic, low back discomfort as usual. Trying to flip my posterior baby and remembering to do cat-cows every day. And kegels too. I'm terrible about forgetting those. I need to incorporate them into a ritual somehow like when I'm washing my hands or something.

I did manage to go through all the baby clothes and wash everything and organize everything and get rid of some clothes of mine, DS's and Dh's, which are now sitting in the trunk waiting to go to Goodwill. I also got most of what I needed for the birth. I still need a nursing cami, a hose and a strainer of some sort or fishnet. I think I might go to Target today for all that. This is all coming out of money I don't have too, which is nice. Actually, the property damage settlement from my car accident should cover my credit card bill and then some, so I'm not quite worried and am spending to my heart's content. :

#41 of 50 Old 04-14-2005, 02:35 PM

OH I WOULD BE SO MAD IF SOMEONE HIT MY KIDS!!!! I hope your DH got his point accross.

Pregnancy is going great. I feel pretty good most days. Just the normal fatigue & nerve pain. I usually crash & burn around 6pm rest & then get a second wind to watch my stupid tv shows. Baby moves quite a bit & that is so reasurring for me!! I am still working through my fear issues, but I feel so much better than I did a few weeks ago.

As far as getting stuff for baby, that is slow going around her. Dh will buy the wood for the baby bunk, today I think. We need to get the big kids a bunk bed & we are looking around today. I did get my diaper stash going, thanks to my wonderful friends. I have about 10 FB, 4 HH, & 8 prefolds. Enough to start with anyway. (And they tell me more is on the way!) I am getting the rest of my birth kit together as soon as Uncle Sam gives us our money!

Have a Great Day Ladies!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#42 of 50 Old 04-14-2005, 05:34 PM

So my hormones seemed to have changed overnight. My digestive system is doing weird things, my right nipple is leaking A LOT and my linea negra showed up out of nowhere. I'll just keep eating Fig Newmans and hoping that I don't go into labor. I feel weird. I'm tired. I don't want to do anything. I was doing tons earlier in the week. But we're not ready for the baby. She is grinding her head on my cervix quite nicely, which I checked and it's still too high, which is a good thing. I should write all this down in case later it turns out to mean something. Hopefully it's just nothing.

#43 of 50 Old 04-14-2005, 08:08 PM

Fig Newmans??? Do they have some sort of special ingredient that makes the baby not want to come out? Mmmm, I'm so hungry right now, they sound really good!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#44 of 50 Old 04-14-2005, 10:30 PM

Just got back from the OB. Had the GBS test done, so I had him check my cervix while he was down there. He said that my cervix is softening & I am 1 cm dilated. The thing that surprised me was that he could reach my cervix w/no problem as with my boys the midwives said my cervix was high right up until I had them. He said that he doesn't think that I will go early, but he also doesn't think I will go past due. Now that he checked my cervix I am all crampy. I don't think I'll have him check it next time.

#45 of 50 Old 04-14-2005, 11:48 PM

I had my midwife appointment today and I got the results of my gbs test and it is negative yeah no antibiotics this time! Today I had the realization that my last pregnancy ended at 35 weeks wich is only 6 days away. I hope this baby is planning on staying in at least another three weeks (until term) because I am not ready, I need to pack my bag, and figure out childcare, if I have to go to the hospital, I hope the baby makes it easy stays in till term and then I don't have to do anything except stay at home and relax (we are really focusing on positive thinking )
crystal
#46 of 50 Old 04-15-2005, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

My gbs test was negative also!!! Nothing new going on around here. I had some pretty strong mentrual cramps and lower backache yesterday. I thought "hmm it feels like af is on her way or knocking on the door" It was almost confusing :LOL It subsided in the afternoon. Dh and I fed our ducks and one has been missing for about a week and she can out yesterday. She flew out of the barn where she has been sitting on a nest. Dh always rides the 4 wheeler to feed them and the missing duck began chasing it yesterday and squaking for food because apparently she has been on her nest for a while. It was really a funny sight to see a duck chasing a 4 wheeler by foot and "yelling" at it.

People still seem to think I am going to go into labor any day. If I make a phone call to anyone, the question is typically "is it time?" I think this baby is loving the womb so much that he will hang out in there for a while longer.
Whatever, he wants to do will be ok with me.
#47 of 50 Old 04-19-2005, 02:03 PM

I just got back from my appointment today. I'm 36 2. And things are looking great. She is partly posterior, but not a lot. She's not engaged, so I'll be working on helping her turn. And my biggest excitement. I'm gbs negative!!!!!!!! It was a HUGE surprise!!!! I was positive with both of my other two. Oh, and my iron is high enough to have my water birth.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#48 of 50 Old 04-19-2005, 03:39 PM

Still Gestating here too...sigh...

I was a "hearty" 1cm at OB appt. last Friday so I am praying for some fast progression from this point on! There was a day last week when DH thought he'd have to bring me in to L&D as I was having harsh contractions, like the kind that required laboring breathing for about an hour 3-min. apart. But after changing positions several times and drinking lots of H2O they seemed to subside...ugh.

I think she has dropped more as my pee schedule has decreased from 2hrs. to every 45min.! And ppl have commented that I look "smaller". I wish I felt that way!

Hard to believe that this could happen at any time now...yet I so want it to be over with too!!
#49 of 50 Old 04-19-2005, 06:20 PM

Hey everyone! I am 35.5 weeks now and am vascillating between wanting the babe to come early and wanting him or her to wait a good long time! It's that late pregnancy feeling or excitement, anticipation and dread, I guess. Still not feeling ready yet as far as stuff goes. My dh has been on a major organizational kick, like nesting, but nothing to do with baby stuff! I seem to be the only one worried about actually being ready for the baby! We still haven't settled on names, haven't picked up the car seat or the bassinette, haven't painted the dresser, though I have washed and folded the newborn stuff we have and its in the drawers. We have a long way to go and I am feeling so incredibly tired!
#50 of 50 Old 04-19-2005, 10:10 PM
nym

I saw my midwife today.. I am 38 weeks. I am GBS NEG!!! Baby has not dropped

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page