April Thread - 4/5 - 4/18 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd start a thread for this month - but I decided to break it up into 2 weeks because the other one got so long and I am sure we will have lots to talk about this month!!!!

The weather here has be great. Everything is blooming- the redbuds, dogwoods, bradford pears, and cherry trees. It's a haven for allergies, but so beautiful too!! My dh has been happy since the time change and the weather being in the upper 60's and 70's. He is glad to have the extra hour of daylight for "playing" outside!!! I have been slacking on my housework and not getting the things done I need to be doing. I have felt really crappy for the last week and spent a few days in the bed. I can handle being pregnant and I can handle sinuses being haywire, but I can not handle both very well.
I do feel better today than I have been feeling so that is great. Maybe I'll get caught up on everything. How is everyone else doing? Time is passing ever so quickly. The baby has been wiggling around this morning. I still love feeling him move and try to savor every bit of it that I can
#2 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 01:25 PM

Things are going all right here. Babe is moving around lots. Sometimes doing weird things. Nothing of concern, however. There was snow on the ground when we got back yesterday from a weekend south of here, but it's supposed to be in the 60s today. Hopefully it stays this way! I neeeeed the warmth. I hate the cold. I'm too skinny for it to be cold.

I'm all ready for the babe now. Have everything I need except that dresser of my sister's, which I think my dad is going to bring up to me sometime before the end of May. I need to paint it & replace the knobs though. I'd say that would be a nice weekend project for DH, but he doesn't get weekends off since he's a PhD student. I'll have him help me with it anyhow. I washed the diapers and I think I have plenty of them.

My WAHM friend finished my sling, but I think I'll need to get a different one for everyday use because it's too billowy and too thick for summer. She's altering it for me a bit to make it less billowy, but there's no getting over the thickness. So it will be a special occasions sling, I guess. Gotta figure something out for everyday. Now I feel though like I should have just gotten a Zolo sling to begin with since I have to buy 2 slings and will be spending though not as much as a Zolo, close enough. So that's one thing to figure out yet. Better go do some research...

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#3 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 02:44 PM

I am SO ready to have this baby I could scream!!! I love being pg but I have been pg for 3years straigh! I have just hit the totally uncomfortable stage: can't sleep, can't walk up stairs w/out a near heart attack feeling, can't bend over (or even sit up if baby doesn't want me too). I've had some pretty serious, harsh BHX but nothing regular or constant enough. I selfishly had my OB check me last week since I forced her to do a GBS test on me too and I wasn't dilated yet. Not that I expected to be but...you know.

Weather is starting to warm up and the daylight has gotten longer. I am freakin' out about leaving work once again yet I can't wait to get out the door.

I'm curious about what labor will be like this time and all that comes with it. With Ava I was induced at 38wks. due to preeclampsia so I thought nothing much of contractions, etc. since I was already where I needed to be.

Here's to the home stretch...
#4 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 03:15 PM

ACK! I hate being sick! I got the flu and now I have a sinus infection. I have never had such a terrible sinus headache in my life and the stupid flourescent lights in my office building just make everything seem worse! Sleep is pretty much hard to come by and I'm sooooooooo exhausted. Kristy-I so hear you about feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack when I get to the top of the stairs! :LOL I was getting so used to going into my prenatal appts and having my midwife tell me that everything was perfect, but then last week, I find out that not only has the baby decided to turn breech, but I'm also anemic So I've been reading all I can about getting this baby turned. And I've been taking Yellow Dock Root for the anemia (doesn't taste so nice...). Geez, I just realized how negative I'm sounding right now! I am still enjoying being pregnant. I love day dreaming about the baby and feeling the baby roll around in there. DH is getting more and more excited and he's being as sweet as can be. I have my baby shower in CA on 4/16 and I get to see my daddy!!! I haven't seen him since August, he couldn't come to visit when my mom and sis did in Jan and Feb! He's in for a huge shock when he sees my belly for the first time (it's his first grandbaby!). I just have to remember to dwell more on the positive things in my life and less on the annoyances! That's my goal for the week!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#5 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 03:24 PM

I'm also at the very uncomfortable stage finally. Having braxton hicks frequently. Depending on the day w/ how the baby is sitting my legs get painful numb and it hurts to walk stand or sit all day long (two days ago I had this.... hated it!), Heartburn is back, can't get comfortable at night because my hips hurt, constantly HOT.... always feel like I'm gonna have a heat stroke 'cause of how sweaty I get even when it's not that hot out. I can't even accurately tell how to dress my daughter lately 'cause I'm hot even if it's around 30 degrees out! On top of it all, while visiting my mom, I so wonderfully caught another cold. After getting over one only two weeks prior with an ear infection, I'm not happy. I'm coughing up junk and generally just feel nasty. I'm hoping it doesn't persist-- with Grace I had a sinus infection that developed this time of year and lasted the entire last two months of my pregnancy and didn't go away until I delivered. I don't want another sinus infection. bleh.

I did get switched all over to a midwife in Dayton (had to switch my insurance so now I have copays) and will be delivering at the hospital I wanted now in their birthing center. I'm very excited to get to be having a water birth this time. I hope it's everything I've been wanting since I'll be paying copays for a year to have this birth instead of having delivered on base lol. I have my first appointment w/ the midwife on Wednesday morning and am annoyed w/ my DH that he won't be going w/ me to the appointment considering all the changes that are getting made but that's life I guess. I want him to meet the midwife and understand how this delivery will really be different from my last delivery (which had a lot of interventions, even ones I didn't want).
#6 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 03:41 PM

Oh Linz, please tell me you're not going to MVH? That's not a birthing center. In fact, the only real birth center in Ohio is in Cincinatti. Hospitals just call them that and put pretty stuff up to attract people. MVH is a factory! Who's your midwife?

#7 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 03:53 PM

I am delivering at the Family Beginnings center at MVH yes...the birthing center there is seperate from the regular maternity ward. My midwife is Debbie Newton... she was referred to me by a girl I'm in MOPs with who had her first daughter by water birth at FB and is due again same time as me and has had a really good experience with them. It's in network with my insurance and that was very important too for it all because we don't have a very big income and I really don't want a home birth... I want a water birth. I've heard a lot of good things about delivering there so at this point I'm happy about the change. Delivering on base was sounding more and more as something I didn't want to do since they make you have an IV as soon as you go in, don't always approve you to do things like walk around even, make you sign a paper allowing med students, sign a paper allowing an episiotomy... etc.
#8 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 04:02 PM

I know and like Debbie. Certainly better than delivering on base. Good luck to you! I hope you get the birth experience you deserve!

#9 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 05:09 PM

Well, I for one am just totally exhausted. I have been spending the morning just passing time waiting for my daughter to nap so I can lay down (if I lay down while she is awake she jumps on me and throws things and hits me and I have zero energy to stop her)

Seems like this pregnancy is just total stress. We have so much we need and want to get done before the baby comes but I have zero energy to do it and DH is really stressed by work as well. Having a toddler running around doesn't make things any easier. Sigh

Sorry to be such a downer, I'm just in a blue mood today.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#10 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 06:54 PM

I have actually felt more energetic the last week then I have felt for a while. Go figure, I'm 32 weeks now. I washed the windows and did alot of cleaning this Sunday after our remodeling is finally complete. And I didn't even fall off my feet after that which is totally surprising to me.
The baby is kicking around like crazy. Sometimes I jump in my chair from the strength of the kicks, but I still enjoy feeling that so much.
My tummy is growing at a much faster pace, but I haven't gotten to that "feeling like a total whale" stage, although rolling around in bed is less comfortable. I guess you can really say that I am doing quite good physically for being 32 weeks. But I can see how that can change so very soon.

We gotta really start thinking about all the stuff we'll need for the baby. I hope this baby is late (time is flying by so fast and nothing had been really done so far), but you never know... My co-worker who was due on April 15th is having a baby today. This had made me think about the possibility of the baby beinbg earlie then I am hoping for and how soon that might happen. I feel so not ready. I mentally understand that I am having a baby very soon, but yet it feels like it's not happening to me. A totally surreal thing.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#11 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 08:54 PM

Things are going great over here! Other than the nails on chalkboard thread. But I am much MUCH better today. It is amazing what sleep, TLC from Dh & some Ben & Jerrys can do for you!!!

I am 33 wks 1 day today. Went to the midwife with my 2 support people today. I was having many fear issues due to a bad outcome I had read. I felt I really needed to deal with it in order to prepare for this birth. I felt I needed my birth attendants to know where I was coming from. Overall my visit was great. Baby is moving & growing. I am measuring right on target.

I am still working on getting things together for this baby. DH has drawn up plans for the side car he is making. We need to go & purchase the wood soon. All the other stuff will eventually come.

We are seriously looking into buying a home. We have 3 or 4 we plan to walk through this week. I am excitied about that. So we will either be moving before or right after this babe is born. My older 2 are excited as well. Only thing that make me nervous is changing school districts. But I will cross that bridge when I come to it!

Have a great day ladies!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#12 of 50 Old 04-05-2005, 11:18 PM

I am to the uncomfortable, sore hips, can't sleep stage. *sigh* Things have been really stressful lately, too, as my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. We are waiting to find out what stage it is (they thiunk she caught it early) so we can know what her treatment will be. She is supposed to be there when Myla is born (she really wants to be) so we are hoping it will all work out. Prayers, etc are much appreciated.

We moved Colby's crib into Brayden's room so they can get used to sleeping in the same room before Myla arrives (even though we plan to use a co-sleeper with her for awhile). DH is painting her room so we can move the dresser in, and we finally have enough 0-3 month clothes for her (still need some 3-6 month stuff though). I bought some Seventh Gen sposies for the first few weeks, and ordered a dozen more FuzziBunz w/inserts so our diaper stash is now complete. I am so relieved to be almost done with my to-do list.

Glad to hear from everyone else, and I hope all those who are sick feel better soon!

#13 of 50 Old 04-06-2005, 12:05 AM

Add me to the exhausted, hip-hurting, non-sleeping, Braxton Hicks way of life. I don't remember pg being this hard with dd. I guess 5 years and 20 extra pounds will do that to you. :LOL

I also just got over a nasty stomach bug, which put a damper on getting thigns ready. I have no energy otherwise. I figure that except for clothes, I can make due if I have to. I know I'll figure it all out.

Anyway, I should go to bed. Night all!
#14 of 50 Old 04-06-2005, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

It seems like many of us are going through the same things. It really helps me to know I am not the only one. We are STILL sinusy (I know that's not a word) here. Even my DH feels yucky. All we do is constantly blow our noses.
The pollen is super high right now because of everything being in bloom.
I have my weekly check up today. I will write more after I go.
#15 of 50 Old 04-06-2005, 12:31 PM

OUCH! The stabbing pain! Yesterday all day I had on/off stabbing pain all along the right side of my belly. If I was sitting I'd try standing, if I was standing I'd try walking...all while drinking lots of water. It hurt to get into the sitting position or even stand up! There was a moment where I thought about calling my OB and/or just going into L&D but I didn't...I so afraid to go in and have them tell me I'm nuts and it's just the long haul stretch of uncomfortableness... Which is pretty much what it is, but I have yet to go through a "normal" natural delivery so it's almost like the first pg for me in a way. But it is reassuring (all be it painful at times) that baby is still kicking and squirming around in there so that's a good sign.

Linz - I so know what you mean about the sweating and the hot feeling. I sit doing nothing and some how manage to sweat like a pig! Yuck!

But through it all I must remind myself that all in all I've only got another month (or less God willing) before I'm done! And that even though these BHX are horrible and sometime painful they ARE serving a purpose...
#16 of 50 Old 04-06-2005, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

I am back from the DR. They checked it and said it was a fingertip dialated. So, what does that mean? Last week I was 50% effaced and closed. She didn't say anything about the effacement this time so I do not know if it were the same or if it had thined out some more. Anyway, the baby is definately head down!!! That is so great to me. I was a little worried about it being breech, but I think at this point he probably will remain in his position because he has no room to flip around.
I am getting more excited now. I mean I have been excited but now I am really getting excited. :LOL
#17 of 50 Old 04-06-2005, 01:50 PM

Fingertip dilated means that you're not quite one centimeter dilated. You can stay that way for weeks. I went from 1-3 in the last weeks of my first pregnancy (we're talking a period of 3-4 weeks). On the other hand, if you're anxious, it's certainly good news. Something is happening, though it will most likely happen quite slowly. Point is, I wouldn't count on it to mean much at this juncture. Most first-timers go past their edd. But good luck!

#18 of 50 Old 04-06-2005, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

I was thinking it could stay that way for a while. OTOH, I was expecting her to say it was still closed. I am glad things are making some progress. At least I know my body is doing as it should be I also know I could very well go past the edd, but I am hoping if I do that it will only be by a couple of days and not weeks.
#19 of 50 Old 04-06-2005, 02:54 PM

Tish - Either way you look at it, don't get discouraged...you should be excited! This process is finally moving for you! YEAH! Even if it is only a little bit and you could stay there for weeks...every pg is as different as the next so one never knows how fast or slow it could, first-timer or not. I'm due a day before you and as of last week I was securely closed.

Some days, just by the way I'm feeling, I think this kid could come early but then I say "no, that's not my luck...I'll go to 42wks. or something"

Congrats anyway and I hope things keep progressing for you!!
#20 of 50 Old 04-06-2005, 04:42 PM

hello this week,
Today I went to the midwife I am 33 weeks, I had my gbs screen done today and while she was down there checked out my cervix, baby is head down and low (duh I already knew that I have to pee 40 times a day lol) but I am about 2-3 cm dilated, which sucks, its funny everyone else is excited about their cervical changes and I am super bummed out. My last two pregnancies ended early, and had to be hospital births and I was/am really hoping to make it to term (37 weeks may 4th) this time so I can have a home birth. But the good news is baby is growing well and my fundal height has caught up to where it is supposed to be and baby moves a lot and my bp has stayed down yeah.
My hips are super sore too, and for some reason I can't sleep between 2 and 3 am.
hope everyones week goes well,
crystal
#21 of 50 Old 04-06-2005, 08:35 PM

I am feeling great. I've gained 20 lbs so far. My stomach is getting REALLY big. It's hard to bend over now! We have had some pretty days here, so when we sit in the backward, I have been sunning my stomach. It looks nice with a littl e bit of tan on it, LOL.

I started my twice weekly testing this week . I go in for a non stress test every mon or tues, and then a biophysical profile u/s every thurs . IMO, it's a bit overkill, but I am being a complient patient. My NST on Tues was not good.... the baby was very active in the waiting room, and then slept thru most of the NST. I had both of my kids with me, and they were pretty well behaved for the 2 hours that we were at the Dr's office.. but I was hooked up to the machine for 65 minutes, which is just too long for kids to sit thru (they colored and ate grapes). Next week, I plan on saving most of my breakfast and eating it right before machine hookup!!!

I go tomorrow for my u/s. I hate that I am spending so much time at the Ob's office, and that I am spending so much on parking . I think that counting movements at home could be just as accurate.... But I do want my baby to be ok, and the GD does put me at higher risk, AND I want teh OB's to let me deliver with the midwives...... so I am following orders!

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#22 of 50 Old 04-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Len

Hello everyone! I must be one of the earliest due, I'm in my 36th week now..... I'm feeling surprisingly good, no body aches whatsoever, but I've also fallen to the sinus congestion, I don't know if allergy or what but it was making sleeping hard.... I discontinued dairy and that seemed to help ; I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one feeling exhausted all the time, i was going to ask my MW tomorrow if I should be concerned and take some iron supplement or something... sometimes I feel I'm not eating well/enough, but baby seems to be growing and moving strongly!!

We got all of our CDiapers ready now plus a couple of bag of sposies for the first weeks, and we also inflated the pool to have it ready just in case I still need to get a few 0-3 months items, and order a sling, I decided to go for the hotsling... anyone has one of these?

AmiBeth, sorry to hear about your mom being sick, best wishes for her full recovery...
#23 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 12:08 AM

It is nice to read how every one is doing.
Makes me feel like I have pregnancy compadres. I too have the sinus yuckies and was sick all weekend, now with that constant hacking cough that IME usually hangs around for a couple of weeks. Ugh. Thank goodness I am only 35 weeks and there is time to get rid of it. I haven't walked or done any other exercise in a whole week and I feel like a complete slug. I also feel just enormous now and not like a cute pregnant woman anymore. This is the point for me where all my maternity shirts start riding up too high, showing my lower belly and making me look kind of silly. Why can't they make the maternity t's long enough to be worn through 40 weeks? I have gained only the "average" to this point. In a week or so I will probably be mostly only wearing DH's tshirts, like last time. My butt has also grown in size overnight--delightful! Really I love being pregnant, but the last few weeks are my least favorite physically.

I still have some things left to do to get ready. But ds has needed me a lot more lately and so I've been spending a lot more focused time with him. I am a little concerned on how he will transition with a sibling, but we'll figure it out as we go.

Anyone else still not positive on the name? I even know the gender, just CAN"T seem to make up my mind.
#24 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 12:46 AM

Len~ Thanks for the hugs. I have a Hotsling & I it! Mine is stretch cotton. I plan to get another one, too. It is so comfy, even for long periods of time.

For all the mamas who have sinus issues~ I hope your sinuses clear up soon!

#25 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Len

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMommie
Len~ Thanks for the hugs. I have a Hotsling & I it! Mine is stretch cotton. I plan to get another one, too. It is so comfy, even for long periods of time.
Thanks I wasn't sure if I wanted to order the cotton or the fleece one, now I'm thinking I should order both!!! (they have the fleece one on sale on the canadian website)
#26 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 12:35 PM

We don't have a name here either. We just can't agree... I'm super stuck on the name I love and DH doesn't like it. It's a challenge 'cause we can't come up with anything else we like. I decided that I like a name he suggested about a month ago and now he hates it lol. There's no winning! 35 weeks and no name is driving me batty.

I enjoyed my first midwife appointment yesterday-- they went through everything the base hospital hasn't been doing which was nice. And actually spent time talking to me about how I feel, etc., which wasn't happening on base either.... at the base OB I always felt like I was in their way and at the new office I feel like they're glad to have me there. It's a nice feeling! I have to call Family Beginnings today to set up an appointment to go in for an orientation and register next week, and I have to go into the base labs later today to have bloodwork and the nasty GD test. I was hoping to avoid it since I don't have any risk factors and I hate the stuff (let alone entertaining a toddler for an hour) but FB requires it for delivery there so off I'll go to do it.
#27 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

I keep havng menstral type cramping on and off. It actually woke me up for a min. during the night. I don't know if it is considered to be BH or not since I really don't know what to be expecting.
Nothing much has changed around here since yesterday. School is begining to stress me out more and more as the semester goes along. I am having a difficult time keeping up with everything and my dh is giving me a hard time about it. Sometimes I wonder if I should have taken the semester off since my brain is not on my work at this point.
#28 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 01:00 PM

Sounds like BH to me, Tish. Good luck!

#29 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 01:00 PM

Amibeth, I meant to offer you a for your mother. I hope that they caught it early and that you hear good news soon.

#30 of 50 Old 04-07-2005, 01:23 PM

we don't have a names yet either. none of us just don't seem to like any.
i never wanted to narrow it down to one name before the baby's birth. I feel like we have to have a list of names we like (for both boys and girls since wedon't know the gender) and then see which one will fit the baby. but if we can hardly come up with one name ... having a list might be near impossible.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page