Mothering Forum banner

yes, it's another birth story!

1K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  mightymoo 
#1 ·
Hi mamas,

Well, as I feared, my baby was born early -- I had my son on Monday, April 4 at 34 weeks 3 days. He's in the NICU but doing super and should be home soon.

I've written my birth story and it's really, really long so I posted it here

Good luck to everyone else. I won't be on-line as much anymore because my home computer is SLOOOOWWW but I'll check back now and again.

Take care. It's been wonderful bonding will all of you and sharing our journeys.

~Hope

See less See more
#2 ·
I am actually heading to the NICU to see Aine and so I only had time to get through half of your birth story. I'll read the rest later but I wanted to say Congratulations!!! I'm so happy that he's doing well and hopefully he'll be home with you in no time!!

#5 ·
Hi Wendy,

Thanks! I hope Aine is doing well. I remember the day I read your announcement and story -- I got a strange sense of deja vu. And here we are, both going between home and the NICU. Hang in there, I'm sure your dd will be home before you know it too.

~Hope

#18 ·
Thanks mamas!
I'm getting all
just reading your replies. I'm in my office again in between feedings (trying to get things in order so I can forget about this place once the little man is home).

It looks like we might be able to bring Fritz home in two or three days. He nursed well (that is, he got the amount the docs wanted him to) last night and this morning and took the bottle well over night. I'm
: that he's turned the corner. I just have to say that I feel so lucky to live where I do -- the docs and nurses are really great for those of us who want to do things the more natural way. I'm sure in some NICU's, the docs would push me to bottlefeed more and nurse less but everyone has been super supportive (not that I would let them be otherwise this time around).

If I can get my digital photos loaded on my work computer today, I'll post a pic.

Have a great week everyone!

#20 ·
: FRITZ

Congrats, mama! What a great birth story, I'm so glad to hear that your son is doing so well.
: Hoping he'll be home with you in a day or so
:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.