How is everyone? It is quiet around here - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It been so slow on the May boards today, I thought I'd see how everyone is doing.
I am doing good. Just working on schoolwork that is mandatory and has to be complete this evening. DH and I have things ready for the baby. The house is clean, food in the fridge, bags packed, and carseat installed. We went grocery shopping Sat morning and now I have been banned from the grocery store until after the baby is born. I piled our cart full of food - practically overflowing. I just want to make sure we have what we need in case he makes his debut. DH hasn't thought about those things.
So, I am wondering ... what's going on with you mama's?
#2 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 04:46 PM

Well, I am now 35 weeks by my count, 36 by my OB's and she said this weekend would be good because she is on call!! I have been having lots of contractions all weekend and my cervix is softening up considerable.

Both boys are head down. . . again. But they like to prove that there is plenty of room for any position they feel is interesting.
:

My pubic bones hurt, I am tired and not sleeping much, hmmm anything else to moan about. . . I will think of something. Ha ha ha. I am ready for these babies whenever they decide to make their appearance.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#3 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 04:50 PM

I finally got the boys clothes all put away in their new colset. Dh built shelves w/a divider so they each have their own side & we put hook & eye latches at the top so they can't get in & pull everything down! This way we don't have to take up space in their room with dressers. I am now working on putting all of Myla's things in her room. The painting is done & the room has been aired out, so now I am putting her clothes in her dresser & her cloth dipes in the bottom drawers. There is no closet in her room (it is a converted den) so that makes space an issue. I am almost caught up on laundry (like that will ever happen), so I am working on clearing out our room (we always put the things we don't want to deal with at the moment in our room) so we can fit the co-sleeper in. I will go grocery shopping tonight after DH gets paid & I have to talk DH into mopping the kitchen & bathroom for me.

I have been having contractions for a few days now, nothing regular, but defintiely noticable. This happened with both of the boys too for about a week before they were born *sigh* Hopefully this means she will be coming soon. Hope everyone else is doing well

#4 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 06:04 PM

Well, I'm 34 weeks 3 days, I just got back from my trip to CA for my baby shower. I had such a wonderful weekend. I got to see my dad for the first time since August, and my older sister, too. It was awesome being with my family and friends and just being spoiled rotten

I'm feeling suprisingly well. I've had a ton of energy and I'm getting more and more excited with each passing moment. My only complaint is about my back and my swollen feet. It's hard for me to walk around or stand for long periods, my back starts killing me, UGH!

But all in all I feel really good and I feel really beautiful. I love my belly, I think I'm really going to miss it when this is all over

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#5 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 06:43 PM

We have so much more to do! I'm trying to focus on the basics - clean clothes, dipes and a car seat in the car. Anything else is cake. Springtime is just so busy. My sister's baby shower is Sunday so that'll be fun (did I ever mention that all 3 of us, my 2 sisters and I, are pg due within 8weeks of each other? ).

My only other big thing is that dh and I had a talk and he feels that this should be the last baby. I mostly agree but am having a hard time being 100% committed to the idea until after the baby is born. I have this weird thing that if it's a boy, I need to have another because a girl is still waiting for me, but if I have a girl, I'm done. Strange! But the thought that I only have a few more weeks of this for the rest of my life is so weird. I get excited and sad all at the same time.
#6 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 06:43 PM

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well, and ready for the baby.

Myself on the other hand, we are not ready at all. With a 3 year old running through the house like a tornando, I feel like nothing ever gets acomplished. The house is a mess,I need to clean out teh fridge:Puke, I dont have the diapers washed, let alone enough clothes for this baby...I am tired, cranky, sore and have to pee every 2 minutes. This is why I havent been posting alot, as I hate to complain, but it sure feels good to get it all out.

I am wishing you all good health

darkstar
#7 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 07:14 PM

darkstar Don't worry about complaining here~ sometimes you need to get it out, YK?

I forgot to mention that our carseat isn't in the van, but in the box on the livingroom endtable. But we have the same one for DS2, so we know how to install it. :LOL

#8 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 08:43 PM
nym

Well I scrubbed out my oven last night with Baking soda! I have to clean the bathroom, dye some dipes (thursday) and wait for H to get out of camp, he will be here next monday. After that the baby can come! I am having my carpets cleaned in a few minutes the guy should be here..
Everything else is ready I guess. Havent packed a bag for the hospital but all that needs is dipes and clothes for the abby to come home in and a change of clothes for me (Im just delivering there, not labouring)

Have been feeling very very crampy today though :\
#9 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 09:33 PM

Still haven't got a car seat for the baby. As it stands i am just going to borrow a convertable seat a friend has until i can get one. Today i have gone through all of DSs old clothes looking for any newborn or 0-3 outfits and managed to find 4 winter like sleepers DS was a winter baby so i didn't expect much. I also got out all of my old blankets and they are in the laundry room to be washed. All dipes are washed and ready. My house is still a total disaster. DH out of work, hurt his knee last week and yesterday he broke his big toe on the other foot while he was playing ball with the kids. (our DD and our friends 4 kids). He is NO help now.

Been having contractions for about 3 weeks now. I don't feel like i will ever go in labor at this rate. I never had any prelabor or false labor with either of my other two. Also....at this rate...i will be having a 10lb baby. I know that other women have had bigger....but i still don't look forward to a baby that big. LOL
#10 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 10:07 PM

I have not been posting much because I am moving in 2 weeks! I spent 2 full weeks finding a place to live and now I am packing.

As of yesterday I have everything ready for the birth center. I have been seeing the chiro regurarly for 2 weeks which feels really good. The baby is really low now so MW says to take it easy for another week.

Only complaint is that I don't have enough room in my body for food so at the end of the day I feel like :Puke
#11 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 10:35 PM

wow, I am sooooo jealous of those of you with everything done. I have 4 more weeks of school, so that takes all of my attention. Our house is trashed and way to small, we have no idea where we will be living for the summer (we can stay here but would rather not) we have no baby clothes in the house, no food in the fridge or freezer, I could go on and on and on......

And to think, some of you have even thought to get your carpets cleaned!!!
It is shocking to think of how much I have to do. Did I mention that my dh doesn't really do anything around the house. ever.

But I feel good for the most part. Except that I have had excrutiating cramps in the muscles and ligaments in my stomach. Like, I can't move they hurt so bad. I am assuming they are just round ligament pain, but wow. The cramps spread into my back and are usually only on one side of my stomach. But that only happens once every few days for a few hours and then it is gone. So the rest of the time, I feel good.

Here's hoping the baby stays put until finals are over and I at least get some laundry done and dishes maybe.

Louise
#12 of 29 Old 04-18-2005, 11:26 PM

Nesting here... trying to clean but w/ DH being gone for work and Grace running around acting like a fool demanding 125% of my time (even yelling at me as I type lol), it's going slow. I've been having braxton hicks and the baby dropped this past week so I know it's coming soon yet a lot of the practical things still haven't been done. :sigh: So much work this time around when competing with a toddler!
#13 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 12:29 AM

I noticed it was slow around here too, I thought maybe some mamas were out having babies
I am 35 weeks and trudging along, I was feeling great before the weekend, but all weekend I just felt like crap, crampy, loose stool (I know tmi) unable to sleep but super tired, I woke up every 45 minutes on the dot. I was starting to worry that I was going to go into labor, but I feel a bit better today, I took tylenol last night and actually got some sleep (only woke up twice) the baby's furniture is being delivered tomorrow so my dh will have the rest of the week to put it together so I can set up the room on the weekend yeah!
My homevisit was rescheduled for next tues, so I am just waiting for that to come before I go out and buy my homebirth supplies
hope everyones week is great
crystal
#14 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 12:35 AM

Wow! Some of you are so ready! I, for one, am not. I did get two really big bags of clothes from my Sis In Laws best friend. That was so nice. I had nothing in the way of sleepers, gowns & onsies. Sis in Law says there is more to come from her & the other sister. (MIL will have 3 grand daugthers, all 9 months apart since 12/2003.) Needless to say, my babe will now have some clothes.

I plan on washing my diapers tomorrow. Went & got enzyme & oil free detergent 2day for washing them.

Dh was supposed to get the wood for the baby bunk today, but we never made it. Spent most of the day doing laundry catch up at my Moms. I did make it to the yarn store to look for 100% wool yarn. I think I want to make about 2-3 wool soakers for this babe. (Anyone here do that already?)

Had my last Dr. appt today. I am 35 weeks tomorrow & measured right on. I did not gain any weight the last 2 weeks. My BP was wee bit high for me, but still normal. (I think I was nervous since it was my last time seeing him.) He did the Group B swab, so all labs for this babe a done. YEAH! I will only see the midwife from now on. He did say that he reviewed my surgical notes & said that I can have a vaginal delivery. No cytotec or Pit though. (DUH! He does not know I have been planning a home birth behind his back.) I am sort of sad to break the relationship. He has agreed to everything I wanted so far. Again a wee bit sad, but ok with it.

We did find the car seat we want & it does fit in our car correctly, so now we just need to go buy it. I think I will look for it online with free shipping, that way I do not have to go & get it. My sciatica is killing me these days. Walking does me in after about 30 mins or so. I need to get to a chiro bad. I will try to call around tomorrow.

That is it for me. Just think we all will have babes in our arms way before we know it!!!! WOW!!!!

OH, we had chinese food tonight. My fortune was:

YOUR LABORS WILL BEAR MANY REWARDS

How freaky is that??????????????

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#15 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 12:37 AM

Just 37 weeks here. I don't feel ready for the pregnancy to be over but I don't expect to go early, anyway. Not a lot left to do, except pack my bag. It looks like we will not have a "nursery" set up but that is really fine with me. We cleared out half a room and the closet to have a changing area with the dresser and for anything we might need to store. Babies really need so little and I realized as we are family bedders the nursery was more for show in my case for when people visit. Towards the end of this year we will want to put more of a room together for the little munchkin.

I have frozen a bunch of food! YAY. And will do a little more if I feel like it. With ds I had people bringing me some meals but this time I am not expecting much. Every time I cooked something this week ds would ask "are you going to freeze it?" :LOL He has been a complete doll lately.

Glad to hear you mamas are doing okay...sorry some of you are having a harder time than others. Isn't it amazing that we are all soon to GIVE BIRTH? I know it happens every day, but still growing a baby and giving birth are amazing things to experience. In spite of being tired and feeling crappy a lot, I am also really grateful.
#16 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

next post ........
#17 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightly crunchy
Isn't it amazing that we are all soon to GIVE BIRTH? I know it happens every day, but still growing a baby and giving birth are amazing things to experience. In spite of being tired and feeling crappy a lot, I am also really grateful.
me too!
#18 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 11:03 AM

I'm feeling okay. 34 weeks + 1 day. Been having lots of contrax that have been pretty mild the last few days. My hormones pretty much changed overnight last week and my nipples started leaking more and my bowels started making funny sounds & doing funny things. Baby's head is pretty far down, she weighs about 4 1/2 - 5 pounds, but she's still switching from posterior to not constantly, side to side, back and forth...

I did a lot of nesting last week, but I'm hoping to continue to do a little more. I still need my dresser from my sister's - my dad's bringing it up in about two weeks, but all the baby clothes are clean and organized and ready to go in. The diapers are already washed and in their drawer and the burp cloths are washed and in the cabinet in the living room, for lack of a better place to store them. Last week I bought most of the stuff I needed for the birth, including deep red 300 thread-count sheets, which I am terribly happy with! I'm hoping to go today to get some things I forgot - a hose, a nursing cami, more medela breast pads, and a net or strainer to fish grossness out of the birth pool.

Aside from DH finishing off his semester and getting to full term, we're pretty ready for the baby, so whenever she wants to come is fine, though DH is nervous about having her early. I don't want an early baby either, but at this point I'm not worried about it - if it happens it happens and we deliver in the hospital and maybe the baby has problems and maybe she doesn't. I feel pretty confident she'll live anyway. Just not scared, but ready for whatever comes.

That said, we've still got lots of things that I want to accomplish before her appearance. I need to find where to rent a steam cleaner...

Glad to see that for the most part everyone is doing pretty well.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#19 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 12:19 PM

I think the baby dropped a little last night! : Is this really going to happen soon? I know that the baby dropping doesn't mean it will happen early or anything, but just that I will be going into labor and having a baby. I am in denial, can you tell? I am going to drive my dh crazy getting him to get everything down from the attic and getting everything ready. Poor guy won't know what hit him. :LOL
#20 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

How can you tell the baby dropped? I have some people come up to me a tell me they think he has dropped but I can't really tell. I do know I can eat more at one sitting, heartburn has been better, and I feel these electrical like twinges "down there" - but I can't tell the difference in my appearance or anything. I feel clueless sometimes - ok ,most of the time :LOL
#21 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 02:33 PM

Well, the baby's head just feels lower as does it's feet in my ribs. And the head is in a position where I can feel it much more predominantly in my pubic bone - it feels like I'm bruised there as I walk. I didn't get this with my first, so it's new to me.
#22 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 02:35 PM

I couldn't tell with my first that she had dropped or not dropped but with this one I CAN! I noticed when I went from a 2hr. pee limit to about every 45min.! Yeah! And this a.m. my DD daycare lady commented that I looked "smaller" which to me says it must be obvious to others too. Not to mention the feeling of having to cross my legs when I stand up b/c it feels as though babies head is gonna fall out!

I am SO ready to be done...I'm not sure if it's a indicator at all but I've been having way more (Warning: TMI) discharge then before...I don't know how common it is to lose your mucus plug but I can see that happening.

I was a "hearty" 1cm as OB put it last Friday so I'm hoping for some fast progression.
#23 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 03:04 PM

We're kind of set. I have the bedding for the baby made and washed. All I need now is to make the curtains/window treatments and cover my glider and hamper. I've been stalling on getting those last few things done. I'm not sure why but I have a feeling things will start moving along once all that is done and finished. I have our birth kit set to go and sitting in the crib (my mom bought us a really nice one...don't know how much use it will get but damn it looks good with the bedding I made for it ). Everything in there is washed and now I just have to finish sewing so I can sterlize our scissors and get them in there. I think that's all that's left for it. I haven't washed the diapers but mainly because they got sent to me over Christmas so I assume they have already been washed real good. It dawned on me last night that everyone but me seems to be washing them but I have faith in you mama's who sent them that they are clean. I've been cleaning the house altely but after reading some posts I don't feel like it is clean enough. I haven't cleaned my oven for one. The only room that is really clean at all is the baby's room but who knows how much use it will get. At least the dog stays out of there. I have swept more dog hair in the last few days than I ever care to. We realized in the last couple days that the dog is going to have to be outside (if for nothing else but to save my sanity on the sweeping) during labor and what not. Not a big deal but the original plan was to put him downstaris. He's gotten really weird about me though. He's suddenly gotten over protective and we don't want him associating any "bad" noises with the baby. I feel good to go though. I am ready for the baby to come any day now. DH asked if I could have it this weekend so he wouldn't feel as bad about going to work (which is no biggie...he works at home! :LOL ) I just laughed. I realized though that we have no food in the house. Or the freezer. I had a plan to freeze some casseroles but doesn't look like it is going to happen. Oh well. We'll deal with it as it comes. If anything I could go with no food til the day we tell my mom to come over. Once she does a whole grocery store will be on my table. :LOL

I am having a hard time trying to figure out dealing with people. I know I can get and I doubt I will be at my best after the birth. I don't like dealing with irritating people when I'm in a good mood. My mom being one of them. She's so over the top sometimes and I hate that. I am dreading her coming over and somerthing the baby and me and being loud and obnoxious. I already told DH that he can call whoever and tell them the baby is here but he is to tell them they CANNOT come over until later the next day. I think that's only fair but we'll see if my mom listens. I don't plan on answering the door if she does.

ETA: Things have definitely kicked it up a notch. Last night I slept on my chest funny and woke to find the sheets under me soaked! I ahven't leaked until then. It was disturbing. No more than realizing I had to go pee again....the second time in twenty minutes! :LOL

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#24 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 03:13 PM

I am going to put a sign on our door that says, "If you didn't call first & get our ok to come over & visit, we aren't taking unannounced vistors right now. Feel free to call & plan a time that works for all of us! Thank you for your understanding!" And when people are here we are setting a 20-30 minute time limit per visit (unless it is someone helping w/our boys, cleaning, dinner, etc) since last time we couldn't get some people to leave for anything! We will actually be setting a timer. :

#25 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMommie
I am going to put a sign on our door that says, "If you didn't call first & get our ok to come over & visit, we aren't taking unannounced vistors right now. Feel free to call & plan a time that works for all of us! Thank you for your understanding!" And when people are here we are setting a 20-30 minute time limit per visit (unless it is someone helping w/our boys, cleaning, dinner, etc) since last time we couldn't get some people to leave for anything! We will actually be setting a timer. :

Good idea! My mom seriously will go overboard...talking all high pitched and being a busy body. If I had my way there would be no one here for about a week. DH thinks thats mean and that his parents would be the exception. He seems to think they will constantly get the exception. His dad is the male version of my mother. I'm surprised babies don't scream bloody murder more. With adults like those around I would. The obnoxious "ohh goo ga ga" crap four inches from their faces irritates me to no end and I have years of tolerance behind me. :LOL

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#26 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 09:06 PM
nym

Had a long nap today, got my carpets cleaned had a long walk in the hot sunshine! What a good day. Oh midwife visit.. baby has not dropped!
#27 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 10:06 PM

I finally got our room cleaned out. Brayden & I washed & put away all of the 0-3 month baby clothes while Colby was napping~ he loves to help & kept saying "Oh, how cute!" when he was looking through the clothes I don't think Myla has dropped, but I've heard it's common for second & third, etc babies not to drop until right before labour. However, I have had some signs that she will be coming soon, so I am trying to get ready before she does. I am going tomorrow to get the co-sleeper & some sweats & a nursing tank to wear home. Other than that I just need to actually pack my bag!

#28 of 29 Old 04-19-2005, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

I took a walk today too. I guess we walked about a 1-1/2 miles. I would like to have walked 2 miles but DH wanted to get home so he could ride his 4 wheeler.

I have my weekly appointment tomorrow. I am not expecting to have progressed any more than the previous 2 weeks. I am trying not to think about it though because I know he will be here when it's time and he's ready.
#29 of 29 Old 04-21-2005, 06:56 AM

I am ok... 37 weeks today! Had an apointment today, GBS test , the midwife estimates that the baby is around 6 lbs at this point. I look and feel like a house and I hate all of my maternity clothes from my other two kids. They are so 5 years ago plus it just got really hot around here (87 today!) and most of my clothes are fall/winter.

Been an emotional rollercoaster: depressed, excited, scared, bored, impatient, irritated, neutral. I have also been kind of like hanging on to my last days with the kids, kind of cherishing each moment as if it were our last together. It sounds so cheezy and it's very uncharachteristic of me to act like this. It's not like they or I am going anywhere, things are just going to change. Things are about to get a lot harder and Misha (DH) and I are a bit freaked out by this (him more so than I). Last week he fell 12' out of a tree while pruning it (I think he got too close to a bird's nest and the bird was feeling mother bear ish about the whole thing) and broke a rib so he's been having a hard time doing his job. But he's a good sport and still keeping us all afloat. He's just freaked out about another mouth to feed and me not working at the moment.

As far as the list goes- ha, what a laugh. I have given up on the list. I knit the baby's hat, which is good, laid out a boy and girl outfit, onesie and socks and bought some natural baby shampoo/bodywash (don't like the stuff they use at our Birth Center). Got out my summer clothes and One leftover nursing bra (all of the others were destroyed/worn out from nursing two kids) to add to the bag. We still haven't fixed our car window (how lame is that?), gotten the kids summer clothes/shoes together or done ANY of the other projects or bought any of the items on my list. All this stuff takes energy and money, two things that we seem to be pretty short on these days. I will do what I can with what I have in the next three weeks which is all anyone can do. It's such a pain with seasonal work because if we were having the baby in the summer or fall all of this stuff would be done because I would have had the money to do/buy them/it. Luckily nothing is going to fall apart if these things don't get done, with the exception of the car. It just would have been nice to have everything all set up so that there was less to do after the baby comes.

Physically, I feel uncomfortable. I haven't been sleeping well about half of the time, esp. when the baby moves around a lot. So during the day I feel like a zombie. I also notice that I have been saying just whatever the heck I want to to just anyone. It's like I am Way too uncomfortable to be sweet or exceedingly polite or to keep it to myself, which is what I usually do. Yesterday I ran into one of our neighbors (guy about my age with a son 1 year younger than my son) and he said, "so when are you going to pop?" and I said, "I really hate that expression" where as normally I would have kept it to myself. I have also gotten into a couple of confrontations with the people in the neighborhood behind our apartment complex (either about my kids on their property or them making odd/rude remarks about my fertility- it seems to involve older or middle aged women...) Then one of my best friends thinks that I am blowing her off because I am not calling her as much/ hardly at all these days or visiting (hello, it's spring, I have no car now! Misha needs it for work) or inviting them to dinner (like I said I feel like a zombie most of the time now). It's just strange because I remember when She was pregnant with her son it was like people just couldn't do enough for her. And I did help her a lot getting ready for her baby and inviting them over all the time. But now that I'm tired and can't give her as much attention she thinks I'm blowing her off. Sigh. The same a little bit with my mother. Can I please have a break here? Yes, there are actual limits to how many people I can nuture and support at one time and my kids, my husband and myself come first.

So that's what's going on with me at the moment. This is all going to be over soon and it will be a distant memory. Anyway, I can't wait to meet the new baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page