End of May Due Daters!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 04-20-2005, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I get so "jealous" when I hear of you early Mommie talking about how soon your babes will be here. I feel like I have such a long way to go!!! So I thought I would start a Late May Babys thread!!!! Just for fun!!!

How many of us think we will actually go to June??? I for one, think I just might! Heck I will probably be the last on this May board to deliver!! Both my other two were 10 & 14 days late. (Have I ever said I HATE EDDS!!! I DO!)

Anything think they will go before May 15th???? (NOT ME!)

Anyway, just posting random thoughts.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#2 of 30 Old 04-20-2005, 04:47 PM

My due date is June 1st, but I've lurked here on the May boards since that's so close.

I've had some PTL probs, so chances are higher that I'll have a May babe. I'm allowed off of bedrest at 36 weeks, since that's when they won't try to stop labor, but I'm still going to be taking it easy. But only two weeks of the serious rest left! After that I'll be able to do the things I need to do to prepare for baby's arrival, so if it eases your mind just think of it as a bit more time to prepare
#3 of 30 Old 04-20-2005, 11:27 PM

I so know how you feel. EDD is June 1st or May 31st depending who you ask and that was from a 16 week or so u/s LOL. I have measured a week ahead since the beginning though and I doubt I will go into June.

My gut tells me the week of the 22nd, and I have been right with both of my other babes. I had one that was a week late and the 2nd was a week early according to my EDD's but both were within a day of my estimate.

I really hope I am right this time because we have family coming and it would be nice to deliver while they are here instead of after they leave.

I do hate the waiting game though. I really really hate it.

Hang in there girls we are in the home stretch as they say!

Blessings,
N~
#4 of 30 Old 04-20-2005, 11:36 PM

I am lurking here too. I am due June 5th, but will have a c-section by May 30th. Possibly earler than that. I am starting to freek out that the new baby will be her in less than 6 weeks.
#5 of 30 Old 04-21-2005, 12:08 AM

My edd is the 22nd, so I could go in June. My dd was induced (a regret of mine) at 41wk 1day. I don't want to believe that it could take that long as I am so uncomfortable at times now. So I'm here, but wishing I wasn't. :
#6 of 30 Old 04-21-2005, 01:55 AM

Another June board lurker here, my edd is May 30th but I went really late with dd. I figured I would have a hard time if I joined the May board and ended up giving birth June 15!
#7 of 30 Old 04-21-2005, 01:57 PM

Well, according to when I "think" the first day of LMP was my EDD is May 27, when I had the u/s at 8 weeks, they told me my EDD was May 23. I think I'll probably go to June though, since this is my first, but we'll just wait and see...

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#8 of 30 Old 04-21-2005, 03:25 PM

My dates are all over the place. According to conception, my edd is May 30th. My midwife says May 31st by conception, My LMP says May 23, my u/s says May 23, this cool online calculator I found that uses something called the Wood's method says June 6th. DS was born 15 days late by LMP. So I'm looking at June, but feeling a bit weird like I could go early. DH is scared of an early baby. I'm hoping to go late really, so that I do have more time to be ready. It would be more convenient for everyone. We'll see what happens.

I figure, expect to go later and you won't be disappointed.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#9 of 30 Old 04-21-2005, 03:34 PM

My due date is May 28th....but I have a feeling I will go into early June. Im not ready yet but I am starting to grow impatient! I have been having ALOT of BH which I never had a whole lot of with my first two. I will be right here with ya tho mama...all the way till the end!
#10 of 30 Old 04-21-2005, 08:07 PM

My due date is May 25th by dates, I have had two early babies though so I am planning on being ready anytime after next tues (36 weeks) I have had some braxton hicks for the past few days and I feel like the baby is really low, so who knows. I feel like the pregnancy has gone by super fast, (especially because it is my last)
crystal
#11 of 30 Old 04-21-2005, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

I am so glad I am not alone!!

According to my LMP when I spotted but not really started is 5/23. If you take the date I recall really bleeding edd is 5/25. If you take my last ultrasound it is 5/27. See why I hate edd's!!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#12 of 30 Old 04-21-2005, 08:58 PM

Yes I have several due dates ranging from May 21st to June 1st. I think the baby will be early but I don't want to set myself up for a long wait.
#13 of 30 Old 04-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Banned

Due here around May 27th!
#14 of 30 Old 04-21-2005, 10:48 PM

The Woods method got me curious so I dug up my chart and did some figuring... by that, my edd would be 6/10. The edd I came up with from LMP was 6/5, the hospital came up with 6/1, and some other method gave me 5/30.

Aaudrey's mom, I'm starting to worry that's what I've done... now that I'm sort of expecting her to come in May she won't be here til June 15! :LOL I know she'll come when she comes (unless it's in between now and 36 weeks, then they'll try and stop labor) but six more weeks just sounds so long... even though time has just flown by up until now.
#15 of 30 Old 04-22-2005, 05:53 PM

My EDD is 5/24, but I was 17 days overdue with DD, so I am fully expecting this could be a June baby. I know how you feel - I'm reading these posts about people going any day now and I fully feel I have a month and a half at least!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#16 of 30 Old 04-22-2005, 06:25 PM

I'm a big lurker, non-poster... I love reading all your stories and posts, so thanks for letting me listen quietly.

Anyway, I'm due May 29/June 1, though MW thinks baby is really big and that I might go early. I've been having loads of contractions and two weeks ago had a major crash with a bilateral ear and sinus infection. I'm completely exhausted and told my employer today that I need to stop working -- they're not very happy about that since I am a teacher and told them I would teach to the end of the year. But what can I do? I can barely see to drive and read... I think I'm being reasonable. I am, right? DH certainly thinks so, as does my dept. head. Hopefully they won't do something nasty like yank away benefits or threaten to. I'm 34 1/2 weeks.

I'm hoping for early and plan on going out for lobster soon after DH gets back from a business trip on May 10 -- that's what did it last time!

Isn't it May YET? Good luck getting through!
#17 of 30 Old 04-22-2005, 06:43 PM

Mmmmm, I haven't had lobster in soooo long!!!!

#18 of 30 Old 04-22-2005, 07:50 PM

I haven't either since the night before giving birth to dd!
#19 of 30 Old 04-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Banned

I expect to be on time, at least I hope so. DS was one day after due date. But who knows. They're always saying 2nd babies come earlier. But I hope not. I have been sick and so has DS so we have a lot of catching up to do around here! Things need to be back to normal before they get nutty again! LOL
#20 of 30 Old 04-30-2005, 02:22 AM

Haven't been on here in awhile, so I guess I look like a lurker, but I cannot even say THAT as I rarely even log in... Anyway, this is my fourth baby and I bumped up my date by using my conception date and come up with 5/28. If I use my LMP, it is 5/18, but I don't believe that date for a minute. My first two babies were 9 days late using my LMP, and my third baby was three weeks late (due June 16 born July 5) using my LMP, but I had two possible conception dates with him cuz it was my first cycle after my period returned (the month his sister turned a year old) AND I was nursing (I tandem nursed for over two years, plus nursed #2 throughout my third pregnancy). So basically, I think #3 was not actually late. That is why I decided to investigate my due dates further with this baby, and I would not be surprised to be "late" and definitely not "early" (like the LMP date of 5/18). Which would be good because I have SO much to do before the baby comes...... I am having a planned home water birth and am still decluttering the house a bit!! I have my home visit next week. I have stuff to do! Baby needs to stay put awhile longer! LOL!!!
#21 of 30 Old 05-02-2005, 06:42 PM

I am due May 31st. I am soo waiting to deliver, but I have no idea if I will be early or late. With my first DS, I had a feeling I would go early, and he was 5 weeks early. I have no feelings whether this one will go early or not, so I am just waiting and feeling for any s/s of labor. Nothing so far
#22 of 30 Old 05-03-2005, 01:08 PM

I wish I could just count on it either way. I'm so stressed out our childcare situation. We live across the country from family and really only have a few close friends. Well, the friends who would be my first choice to watch DD just had a baby of their own (and they have a toddler too) so I can't ask them to watch her, which leaves just one other (childless) couple. They are inexperienced in terms of watching kids, but DD is 2, I'm sure they can handle her and I trust them in terms of doing the right thing, but DD doesn't know them that well - she has only spent limited time with them. It's a huge favor to ask of them to watch her during the birth so I just didn't feel comfortable also asking them to make time to come baby sit her on 3 or 4 occaisions, KWIM?

Well, we have my FIL coming out 5/21 or 22 - so after that he'll be here to watch DD (and she feels very comfortable with him). So I just need to make it to the 22nd. Considering that's before my due date and DD went 17 days AFTER her due date, I probably shouldn't be worried, but I still am. I just am concerned about the logistics of my friends watching her (they can't watch her during the day, so they may need to pick her up from daycare, etc) and if she wakes up in the middle of the night upset and doesn't find Mommy and goes hysterical what kind of start is that for our new family?

Five to six weeks is such a long window - I wish birth was just a TAD more predictable. Of course it doesn't help that the little devil in my ear keeps reminding me that if I had just planned a cesarean rather than a VBAC none of this would be a problem. :

Ok, I'm done venting

#23 of 30 Old 05-03-2005, 01:18 PM

Mightymoo, I must say that childcare trouble is NOT a good reason to have scheduled a cesarean. Your body can and will do this!!! Could you maybe hire someone like a doula to do childcare???

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#24 of 30 Old 05-03-2005, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss
Mightymoo, I must say that childcare trouble is NOT a good reason to have scheduled a cesarean. Your body can and will do this!!! Could you maybe hire someone like a doula to do childcare???
I am absolutely not scheduling a c-section. I am just saying that the back of my mind keeps reminding me of how much easier it would have been if I had just gone along with the flow, y'know? Naturally the back of my mind does not remind me that I DO NOT want to recover from a cesarean with a toddler, or the other reasons I'm doing a VBAC.

The problem with the childcare is that my daughter doesn't know any of them, not that they aren't trustworthy, so no solution is going to work perfectly at this point. I looked at doulas early on - just way too expensive. I am already paying big bucks for a very experienced doula to attend me at the birth, not to mention going to an out of network hospital which could cost us big.

#25 of 30 Old 05-13-2005, 10:29 AM

I am due with #4 on 5/28/05 using my conception date. I am planning a home water birth and am very anxious to get my hot tub next week. I was wondering if there is anybody else do about the same time as me and how you are doing now. Any signs? Nothing here yet...
#26 of 30 Old 05-13-2005, 11:35 AM

APmama2three,
I'm due on the 27th and planning a home water birth. It is our first. I have a home visit with the MW tomorrow and she will be bringing the birth tub. yei!
no signs for me at all yet. but I am very happy about that. i still have too much work and too many things on my plate to have this baby. life is so crazy, i'm gonna loose my mind. i really wish it would finally calm down for me. I have not had the time to site back and really anticipate this baby's arrival. that is sad.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#27 of 30 Old 05-13-2005, 11:48 AM

valeria vi:

Well, I now give YOU the permission to do some "sitting back and relaxing" to anticipate your baby's arrival. Seriously, you need to have some time to "get ready" for labor and birth, especially if this is your first. What do you need to do still? Are you working? Do you have your birth kit and all that jazz ready? Do you have the baby stuff ready? Do a little bit each day until you are "done" and get organized, and also, take lots of breaks, put your feet up, drink water each hour, eat healthy snacks, take care of YOURSELF and your baby, and enjoy these last two weeks or so. You will thank yourself for it later. I am pretty much taking the "month off" and only getting ready for baby. I have put everything else pretty much on hold, despite the fact that I have a ton of stuff to do. It can wait. What is important is that I am relaxed and prepared for labor and birth. Rest. Sleep well each and every night. Eat healthy choices. Have fun. Have peace. Enjoy...
#28 of 30 Old 05-13-2005, 01:24 PM

valeria vi- I, too, hope that you can get some time for yourself to sit and enjoy the last few weeks of carrying this child. It makes me sad to think how stressed you must be with all of that weight on your shoulders from work. I hope you're able to get it all sorted out so that you really can spoil yourself like you deserve!

#29 of 30 Old 05-13-2005, 06:35 PM

Hey all,
I am due on the 31, but I am feeling like I could go early. But then I worry that I am jsut setting myself up for disappointment. DD was born right on time. I am dialated a bit and had some bloody show yesterday, but much less today. The baby dropped a few days ago, and they say that CAN be a sign with 2nd babies. I am trying not to get excited. We still don't have everything for our birth kit and our new diapers are in the mail, I think. Dh doesn't want me to go yet because he has a show with his new band this weekend and he really doesn't want ot worry about me the whole time. Or to miss it for that matter.

I hope all is well with everyone.
Louise
#30 of 30 Old 05-14-2005, 11:14 PM

I am due May 31st. My first was 5 weeks early, but I apparently passed that mark. I have a wedding to go to June 4th, that I would like to go to. My DH is a groomsman in it. I guess it just makes me nervous if I am late, that I might go into labor the day of the wedding. It's my DH's close cousin, so I would hate to ruin it by being late. Oh well, you never know when you will go (unless you have a sceduled c-section!).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page