Well, I suspect most of us are still here - check in!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 96 Old 05-12-2005, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabethian
How about, "When is the baby getting here?"

If I had bought her a plane ticket I could tell you but since I haven't I DON'T KNOW!!! :LOL :LOL
lol! this is a great comeback, Lizabethian! I should keep it in mind when people will be asking me the same thing.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 96 Old 05-12-2005, 10:50 PM

Yeah, I'm becoming less and less tolerant of the belly focused smalltalk people seem to insist on throwing at me. I have actually been getting strangers on the street, stopping and staring and POINTING at my belly!!! Where are their manners?

I'm sorry Debstmommy, that your life is so stressful right now .
Lizbethian, I 've totally been there before, with the thoughtless gifts; my family is famous in that regard! Maybe you can return the lot of them and get something that you really do want.
#63 of 96 Old 05-12-2005, 11:59 PM

Thanks for you concern ladies about my Mom. You know she went to the doc on Monday & they made it seem so urgent. That she should expect to be scheduled for surgery any minute. As of today, still no phone call!!! Don't they understand we have to make arrangments for these things. My poor Mom feels her life is on hold, again!!! (It took 9 months of her bladder constantly leaking & buldging to get it fixed!!!)

I am ok. I am just going to go with the flow. If she is having surgery when I am having a baby that is just how it is going to be. She has amazing friends that can help too. (my Dad passed away 3 years ago, so it is just her & me.My closest sibling is a 5 hour drive away)

I am not going to worry about things I have no control over. Such as when this babe will appear & when they will schedule her surgery!!!

Have a good night ladies. Thanks for the support.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#64 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 12:13 PM

aslmere:

I just started reading this thread, and I have no idea what has happened since your first post about them wanting to schedule an induction, but I hope you have cancelled it. I would allow some testing (a BPP or NST or whatever), but definitely base any decisions on what YOU are comfortable with (using your possible conception date(s) and all that jazz, as well as the results from your testing, if any). Don't let ANYBODY pressure you into induction. BTDT. I refused induction for my third baby and he was JUST fine.... More details if you wish me to share...
#65 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 01:08 PM

Just need to vent a little:

I feel like I spend almost all day lately cleaning the house. I focus on one room at a time. Why the heck is my freakin house still a mess??? Everytime I turn around there is DH's and DSD's crap all over! I'm like, pick your s**t up and put it away!!! How freaking hard is it for them to try and help me keep things in order? My bedroom was spotless two nights ago, now there is two days of DH's clothes on the floor, including his gym bag, and the bags of clothes we're sending to goodwill that he promised he would put in the car yesterday morning. I made dinner a few nights ago and had to leave right after to go to class and I asked if dsd and dh would kindly see to the dishes while I was gone. Of course they are still sitting in the sink yesterday and I end up doing them because I just can't stand the clutter. I totally laid into dh about it yesterday. I've been doing laundry non stop and all of his clean clothes are still sitting on the floor in the living room where I folded them and asked him to take them and put them away last night. No one is helping me out and I'm getting sooooooo pissed. It's like they are doing this on purpose. DSD scooped the cat litter yesterday and when I walked barefoot into the laundry room where the litter box is I got cat litter all over the bottom of my feet because she spilled it everywhere and failed to clean it up, let alone tell anyone about it! OMG, I'm going to shut up now, because I know you all have better things to do than read about my annoying rants...I guess I better go clean some more. UGH!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#66 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Sadly, Jenn, this is why I don't expect anyone else to actually do anything in my house. Last night I came home from a meeting and there was MORE pee on the living room rug, which I stepped in, POOP on the bathroom sink (!!!), my towel was on the floor of the bathroom (I have no idea why or what had happened to it), and the burp cloths that I had cleaned and stacked neatly in the cabinet in the living room were shoved beside the television. Plus DS was fighting sleep, so there was a whole big battle and lots of crying and screaming before we let him fall asleep (and he was finally willing to calm down a bit) watching a movie. So today I have to clean the bathroom again and do a bunch more laundry and probably dust and take the videos back and vacuum and try to make my living room rug smell nice (again) and attach the string for hanging to the back of my bellycast. And everything was done already. :

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#67 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 01:27 PM

#68 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 05:38 PM

It's nothing a little turpentine applied to their backsides wouldn't fix... :LOL Nah I'm not that bad but SHEESH!

My husband's the opposite, being born in England and raised in Australia...he's all prim and proper and it seems no one is quite as perfect as he is! Gotta love it. Although he does suffer from domestic blindness. I've decided to not expect him and the kids to see what to do just give out the orders and hope for the best. I'm never out alone so *sigh* can't relate. Well gotta run...as per usual. Kitty
#69 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 05:53 PM

I just don't think that dh gets it at all here either. He is just clueless. Last night I started to have some bloody show and I told him that we have to keep the house clean because it could be any time now. The baby might wait two weeks, but maybe not. I explained that the house was messy and bothering me. He looked at me and said "your kinding, right. This isn't messy."
It was. We both picked up for 30 minutes and we have a tiny apt.
He also is supposed to clean out the car and wash the dishes, neither of which he has done. OH well.

I have been feeling some big changes the last few days. I went to the chiro and after I left the baby dropped right away. I can't believe that I am almost done. I am getting a little nervous. Hope all is well with everyone.

Louise
#70 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 06:42 PM

I am WAY too emotional.

I just cried my way through a segment on 'Rescue 911' where a little girl has to call 911 because her mom is locked in the bathroom. Not hurt, no one was injured, she just got locked in the bathroom. The little girl was worried they would starve since she didn't know how to cook. I really have a problem.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#71 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymoo
I am WAY too emotional.

I just cried my way through a segment on 'Rescue 911' where a little girl has to call 911 because her mom is locked in the bathroom. Not hurt, no one was injured, she just got locked in the bathroom. The little girl was worried they would starve since she didn't know how to cook. I really have a problem.

That's ok I almost bawled through a commercial last night for insurance I think it was. Good thing DH was sitting next to me or I would hvae. I can't really watch tv anymore cause I am almost in tears every fifteen minutes or so over something or other. lol Lifetime is NOT television for women when you are pregnant! Discovery Health is worse (they have some bad shows like BIrth Day but some of their medical mysteries are good). I almost bawled for a woman on Birth Day today because 1.) She was SOOOO pretty prior to getting pregnant and her doctor had recommended 75-100 pounds in weight gain (she was having quads and the more weight she gained the more likely they'd stay put)....well she gained well over that and Iw as so sad for her and 2.) She was crying as she was getting her c-section and that alone made me want to cry.
lol I'm a mess! My house on the other hand has stayed remarkably clean! :LOL

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#72 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 08:49 PM

Madalyn Grace is here!!!! My labor started at 10 pm last night and she was born at 7:44 am. Weighing 8 lbs 10 oz. 20 1/2 inches long. Dark hair. She's so beautiful!!! I'm in heaven. I tore on my scar from the episiotomy with Savanna. Needed 4 stitches (Madalyn has wide shoulders). Lost quite a bit of blood, a little too much, but am doing well now. DIdn't get my waterbirth since I was a bit anemic, good thing with the bleeding, though. I feel so great! Just a bit sore in my bottom area. Oh, and nursing is going beautifully, she can't seem to get enough!

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#73 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

also added you to the birth announcements

#74 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 09:14 PM

nak

I had my baby boy! On 5/10, labor started quickly after posting here that morning, and he was born at 5:30 p.m. I used hypnosis and it was amazing. I had a nearly pain-free, tho very intense labor. Pushed over two hours (mostly kneeling this time, learned my lesson from the c/s) and had my VBAC. I am still running off that birthing high though I lost a lot of blood (my hemoglobin is 6!) and it is going to be a slower recuperation than planned. Small second degree tear also. I am having more family come in to help and DH is taking extra time off. Baby is doing great, nursing great, an he is bigger than my first, at 10 lb. 13 oz.

I'll be checking in now and then to read about the other new babies! Congrats to Seren and good luck to everyone else!
#75 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 11:38 PM

Congrats ladies!!!!! I am so jealous!

We walked to the bookstore which was about 20-25 city blocks. Then we went to a Mexican restaraunt and had some dinner (even though a roast was cooking at home). Thankfully a friend called as we were leaving and we didn't have to walk those 20 blocks back home! :LOL If that does nothing for me though I will resign myself to the fact that she may have taken up permanent residence in my uterus! :LOL Feeling really good though. I haven't walked that far in a long time. It was nice and now I am that good tired where I will surely appreciate laying down on my bed tonight! I can't wait. :LOL

Give more**Expect Less
#76 of 96 Old 05-13-2005, 11:43 PM

Yay!! Seren and Crunchy! Congratulations!!!!! Feel well! Kitty
#77 of 96 Old 05-14-2005, 12:12 AM

Hooray! Welcome to Madalyn and Crunchy's boy! (i'm assuming as yet unnamed).

Double Congrats to you Slightly Crunchy, on your VBAC! Doesn't it feel great? I couldn't get over how different I felt afterwards!
#78 of 96 Old 05-14-2005, 12:47 AM

Congratulations slightly_crunchy and seren! : : : :

Quote:
Lifetime is NOT television for women when you are pregnant! Discovery Health is worse (they have some bad shows like BIrth Day but some of their medical mysteries are good). I almost bawled for a woman on Birth Day today because 1.) She was SOOOO pretty prior to getting pregnant and her doctor had recommended 75-100 pounds in weight gain (she was having quads and the more weight she gained the more likely they'd stay put)....well she gained well over that and Iw as so sad for her and 2.) She was crying as she was getting her c-section and that alone made me want to cry.
I watched Birth day today too - though not that one and I was just completely a mess over this one c/section they had (the baby was breech) because they were handling the baby like a piece of meat, poking it and sticking fingers down its throat and squishing its nose, I felt so bad for that poor little baby - what a horrible way to welcome her into the world.

I hate those shows and haven't watched them in a long time, but I SO want to see babies and birth right now, even if it is competely messed up.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#79 of 96 Old 05-14-2005, 12:57 AM

mightymoo that is my problem too! I love watching them because I get to see babies born but do they all have to be so traumatic to me as a viewer? I think not. This one was actually a good one. They were going to try and make it as far as they could and she got to 34 (maybe 36...I can't remember right now) weeks. When she hit that point they were going to monitor her from there. She had already been on bedrest for three months (they moved from California to be with this particual hospital because of their great stats) and was suffering from edema. A day or two after she hit her mark she got pre-eclampsia real bad so they decided to take the babies then. A couple looked to be but first. It was actually a good one considering..... :LOL

Give more**Expect Less
#80 of 96 Old 05-14-2005, 01:06 AM

Congratulations Seren & Slightly Crunchy!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#81 of 96 Old 05-14-2005, 02:32 PM

Congratulations Seren, and Slightly Crunchy, those are some nice sized babies I hope you enjoy your baby moon
crystal
#82 of 96 Old 05-14-2005, 03:27 PM

Congrats, Seren and Slightly Crunchy!!!!

#83 of 96 Old 05-14-2005, 04:50 PM

I just wanted to check in and tell all the new mama's congrats!!!!
I hope all is going well for those of you who are still waiting.
I send happy labor vibes to everyone who needs them

I have been adjusting to my new life as a mom. It is going well for us but it is taking some time for me to get used too. I love my little "Peanut" he is sweet as can be. I do admit I miss being pregnant and wish I had spent more time enjoying the last days of pregnancy rather focusing on whether or not "today would be the day". I had the blues for about a week and had several crying bouts which must have been hard on dh because he didn't know what to do to make me feel better. I told him my horomones just needed to level off and I believe they have now. I really miss posting here and discussing pregnancy issues. I hope everyone is doing well. There is pics of Elijah in the sig......
#84 of 96 Old 05-14-2005, 05:12 PM

Oh he is sooo cute!!!!!!! Happy babymooning to you still!!!!!

Give more**Expect Less
#85 of 96 Old 05-14-2005, 07:25 PM

Mightymoo, I hate A Birth Story at times too. Sometimes I watch stories on the Health Channel, names escape me but anyway, they're ok and all but when they deliver, by c-section, grab by the ankles and flop it upside down on someone's arms, who tends to not totally catch it and then flop it on a heating table I want to go beat 'em up! I saw one show where this baby was born and it was abandoned (a foreign country) where american doctors were helping with prenatal care..etc but the baby was plopped on a non-sterile tray and then bundled up in a blanket and left in the hallway til someone could see to it (bathing etc). Seems no matter how poor one is, no matter what the circumstances of the child, they could at least be treated with dignity not something from the chicken processing plant. Or am I being too hormonal again?

Kitty
#86 of 96 Old 05-14-2005, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Oh he is sooo cute!!!!!!! Happy babymooning to you still!!!!!
Thanks!!!!
#87 of 96 Old 05-15-2005, 01:12 AM

Congrats to all the May mamas and their new babies!
#88 of 96 Old 05-15-2005, 01:20 AM

I just wanted to share with my cyber friends that my IRL friends gave me the most awesome surprise baby blessing way today!
I wish every expected Mom have a blessing way!! It was so nice. They massaged my head, feet & hands. They brushed my hair & put flowers in it. My one friend had essential oils made especially for me. They henna tattooed my belly. They each gave me a bead & made me a birthing necklace (my favorite). I feel so pampered & blessed.

This baby can come anytime now!!! Just wanted to share.

#89 of 96 Old 05-15-2005, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

That sounds wonderful, Cristina! I wish I had friends to do something like that for me!

Congrats to all the new mamas!

Here's some pics of my bellycast which we did last weekend when my sister and her boyfriend were visiting. Here it is going on. Here it is completed.

Today I'm feeling pretty down. It was rainy and chilly and everything I had to do to get ready for baby is done, so I don't feel like doing anything else. I'm sick of cleaning the house. I'm bored and I'm lonely. I can't really do much without my son, so it's not like I can take this time to enjoy myself and relax either. I'm just done with nesting and there's nothing left to do besides that. Baby is hardly moving these days, but her heartbeat is still going strong (we have a sklar). She's in a better position now, which is good. I think I mentioned that already. Also, none of my clothes fit anymore, including maternity clothes. And my hair is stupid. These factors are not helping my mood. :LOL

#90 of 96 Old 05-15-2005, 05:03 AM

I'm still here. My first one started coming a week early from due date (calculated by O date, not LMP), but didn't actually come out until three days before due. I'm due Wednesday the 18th, and so far, have been having Belly Hugs (I call 'em belly hugs because Braxton-Hicks is named after a (guy) doc who never actually felt one. Nyah!) on and off and completely randomly for a couple of days. However, they seem really light to me, so light that I have to actually figure out with my hands if my whole uterus is tight or not. Occasionally, I'll have "crampy" ones low down, which I think are more "get down to business" ones. But they're still not enough to stop me from talking, although if I'm moving with a lot of bending, I have to be careful when bending back upright. Ironically, as tired as I am, these ones seem only to come either late late at night (when i've gotten up to pee and can't get back to sleep), or in the middle of doing something where I'm working, like cleaning the garage.

But I'm carrying way far out and low, and it's very hard for me to be comfortable. Good news is that baby seems to be in an anterior, or anterior-favorable position, so maybe the reason I'm not doing a full week's work with this one is because I don't need to (DS was turned towards my right leg and not really in a good ant. position for the longest time during labor).

My issue, though is that I can't seem to remember what contractions felt like. It's weird. I remember how tired I was, how my legs felt like they'd been popped off and put back on like a Barbie Doll's, and the weird and paranoid place I went to when I had to transfer from birth center to hospital. But I can't remember what it felt like to have a really good, strong contraction. It's the weirdest thing.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page