Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: N Atlanta Suburbs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got home from seeing the Midwife (margaret). My NST was fine, baby is in good position, anterior, down low, everything looks good. Margaret checked me, and I am not dialated at all.. my cervix is soft and starting to open at the bottom, but it is still long and closed at the top. (of Course) my blood pressure was low.
Dr Lambert also came in and he was the nicest OB in the world today! He really seems to be on board with my plans for a natural delivery. the 3 of us discussed, and if I don;t go into labor this week, I will go in to the hospital Monday night for cervadil. margaret and Dr. Lambert work Tuesday, Lambert's last day before vacation. Hopefully the cervadil will be enough to kick me into labor like it did with Victoria. We are trying to avoid pitocin. I will have to have an IV to give insulin if/when needed, but hopefully the IV and the cervadil will be the only interventions.
Although I would rather not be induced at all, I am very happy that I will not be "forced" into an induction any earlier.... I am pleasantly suprised that they are ok with waiting until 2 days shy of 40 weeks with all of my "history". So I feel ok with an induction next week at nearly 40 weeks. And I also feel that having Margaret and Lambert as the on call care providers are best for my natural delivery plans.
I will still be trying to "help nature along" this week and possibly go into labor on my own. I have 1 more u/s scheduled for Thursday, and that will be my last appt.
that's my update.