Kind of weirded out...possibly WAYYYYYY TMI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got in the shower last night and got to use some new wonderful smelling body shower gel crap. lol Anyways I got out and noticed that my nether regions felt irritated. I figured it was the shower gel I had used and went about doing stuff so I could go to bed. By the time I got in bed (maybe twenty minutes later) it still felt irritated so I checked to make sure I didn't have any cuts or anything. I noticed that my right lip seemed swollen but it wasn't anything to make me worry so I left it alone and went to sleep. Over the course of the night though everytime I got up to pee I noticed it more and more. By the time I woke up at 9:30 this morning it was swollen so much it no longer had a shape to it! It was just a lump of flesh. You could tell it was swollen too. The weight of it (in comparison to it's normal and what not) is so heavy for it that it just kind of falls into a spot and stays put, deadweight for itself. WHAT IS GOING ON!!??? This has never happened before and I am a little freaked out by it. It doesn't really hurt or anything (it's slightly sore if I touch it but I think that's cause it's swollen to a degree not normal). HELP ME figure out what is wrong with me today! :LOL

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#2 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone? Someone out there has to have something to say (even if it is, "Gee, you're a freak!" :LOL )........

It has gotten slightly bigger since I posted. When will it go away!? Why is it doing that?!

Give more**Expect Less
#3 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 03:27 PM

:yawning: I don't think everyone is going to jump up to help you. :LOL

I don't know what to say. :LOL Maybe see if theres a number on the back to call for questions or comments. (Boy I'de love to be a fly on the wall to hear that conversation) Or call a clinic and ask to talk to a nurse, but they'd probably tell you just to come in. Was there any warning on the bottle?
You know like WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT BELOW BELLY BUTTON :LOL

Good Luck!
#4 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

lol To be a fly in my house today for sure! I almost died telling DH this morning I was broken.

The body wash was an all over one and there isn't any warnings on the bottle. I didn't apply it directly to there.....I know better......my first body wash experience resulted in a bad infection.....what can you tell an over zealous ten year old she doesn't already "know"..... :LOL :LOL Anways, I think that may have been what caused this but I have no idea. I am dreading calling someone about this. They may come and quarentine my house! :LOL

Give more**Expect Less
#5 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 03:42 PM

Sorry- no advice, can you call your doc to ask about it- maybe an anonymous call??

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#6 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

That's a good idea. I don't have a specific doctor but I suppose I could just call one. Man to be the head nurse today, "Hi yes, my stuff is swollen one side and I have no idea why? Can you tell me what I did wrong?"

:LOL :LOL Now that I am more awake this is getting to be more and more funny. But damn it what's wrong with me!!!! I think I may call someone here in a few....lunch time for about another 1/2 hour and I know no one is around.

Give more**Expect Less
#7 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 05:24 PM

Could it be a reaction from use/overuse/allergy from using EPO? just a thought...I know you have taken some measures to try and kickstart things...
#8 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 05:27 PM

I would do a wait & see on this one. If it doesn't go down by say, tomorrow, watch what you do to your hoo-ha and give someone a call.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#9 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 05:43 PM

I would apply a herbal remedy like plantain. Plantain is a herb that helps draw out infection/impurites it is easy to find in your yard or at a herbal supply place. Make a poltus (sp) and apply to the hoo hoo area.
#10 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Well everything is back to normal. Wonder what was up.

I don't think it was a reaction from the EPO (although it could have been) cause I stopped inserting it days ago. Hmmm who knows.....everything is fine now so I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Give more**Expect Less
#11 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 06:05 PM

My guess would be that baby moved and landed on a nerve or something.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#12 of 14 Old 05-12-2005, 07:48 PM

As wierd as this may sound I have had this exact thing happen to me! It was a reaction to some bath product that DH bought to "spice" things up! I ended up taking a baking soda bath and all went back to normal.

I would definitely throw that body wash in the trash, because it is the most likely cause.

N~
#13 of 14 Old 05-15-2005, 10:50 AM

First, let me say, it's amazing you can even reach down there, much less see anything! LOL

Cool compresses should help the swelling go down, and it sounds like a superficial cut that might have gotten soap in it. Or what else it could possibly be is an ingrown hair? In which case, vitamin E oil will help draw out the infection. Good luck!
#14 of 14 Old 05-16-2005, 10:04 PM

Had this happen in my last month of pregnancy. Weird, but normal.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page