Is everyone off having their babies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-16-2005, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not me! Baby seems to have dropped. Felt like she was burrowing into my pelvis all Saturday night. Then the contractions have gotten a little more full of pressure, but nothing really happening. Today while driving, I decided that I need to welcome the contractions and just think about them a little differently than I am. I need to feel powerful in them, not paralyzed. Or that's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Feeling just in general that the end is nigh. Half looking forward to it, half scared still. I need some time to meditate, I guess.

How's everyone doing?

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2005, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lost more of my mucous plug today...(I don't recall "losing" anything with the first baby at all)..keeping a look out for bloody show. Nice Braxton Hicks on a daily basis especially in the evening. Lately, I feel a shift even in my blood pressure...like my overall aura changes-literally like a blood pressure "surge" when I have a contraction. Interesting... I think this will be another middle of the night baby.

Getting excited to meet this little one...praying for safe delivery of healthy baby.
Looking so forward to a homebirth, but a teensy bit apprehensive as well.

Blessings to everyone...

Me, 42
Hubs, 44
Married 22 years
Two boys 11 and 9
and a HUGE surprise: I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Banned

still here *sigh* ...

I am not even due for another week or more...but I keep having contractions at night...they were even waking me up last night...then they magically disappear by morning

I don't want her to come any sooner than she is ready, but I am hobbling around like an elderly person and everything is hard to do and if she were punctual like her mama I would very much appreciate it!! :LOL

Good luck everyone!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:57 AM

I'm here and probably will be until June . . . not due until next Friday, and unlike everyone else, I don't experience the typical BHs ~ not last time and not this time either. I get crampy when I walk, but otherwise not much would seem to be happening. I don't know if that's good or not, but at this point, I wouldn't mind feeling something. I was induced last time, so I'd really like to know what it feels like to contract on my own. I'm not very concerned about induction this time, but I'd like to think my body is preparing itself ahead of time. I was dilated for a few weeks with my first, so perhaps things are happening, but I'm just not aware ~ at least that's a nice thought!

It was rather strange to start this week and think "my due date is next week." I'm ready to be done with certain aspects of pregnancy (i.e. ligament pain, lack of sleep, big belly, etc.) but I'm enjoying the time with my son right now, along with accomplishing some projects around the house. Once my parents arrive next Thursday, I'll probably be ready to go (at least after the holiday weekend), but I wouldn't mind an early June baby.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:27 AM

I am still here too! Mentally I am so ready to have this baby. Physically, baby says no!! Baby has dropped, and I have BH contrax (I welcome them!) but no show of any kind.

Everyone keeps asking if I have been checked. I say checked for what, I am NOT broken!

Told DH we need to start nightly walks & did so tonight until I got this really hypertonic cntrx & had to stop. Seemed like it was lasting forever & that spooked me. I wanted to sit down & feel her move to make sure all was well. It was, she is groving as I type. Love that feeling, I really want to cherish it.

I am still busy with LLL conference. I am really proud of myself, I surpassed the amount of $$ brought in last year and this is my 1st year!! WOO HOO!! I have 41 exhibitors so far & contract still coming in on a daily basis! DH wants baby to come at conf, I would be happy with next week!!! We shall see.

Good Night all!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 05-17-2005, 10:50 AM

:
Off having my baby?
:

no. I had this really deep instinctual feeling when they stopped my labor the last time, that I would go to my due date if not beyond. Everyone was fussing about PTL and making sure I stayed on bedrest but I just had this feeling our worries were over with anymore preterm contractions. Now that I am far enough along to safely deliver, not even a hint of baby. She has dropped yes, infact when I stand up I feel like my uterus is going to fall out. I have been having alot of BH but its more really strong tightning. The contractions I have had that do make me stop and go "whoa" are in my back...I hope that is not a sign. What do you think? She is head down but I can't tell if she is front or back facing. Back labor scares the dickens out of me!

Im doing o-k. Im 37 weeks and feeling a rollercoaster of emotions...physically I am exhausted with occasional bouts of nesting energy. Emotionally I have been alot more sensative than I usually am and my kids have really drained me lately. I am mentally ready for this baby but I do have some reservations about how I am going to handle a newborn baby and my two older kiddos who seem to argue constantly lately. I NEED a successful babymoon where I can block the world out and bond one on one with my baby. Since her foot will have to be casted after 1 month, I feel like everything in that first month is so vital..I want that bonding with her before I have to share her with the rest of the world. Does that make me selfish? I am cherishing my time with her now in utero....I take alot of baths now and I enjoy connecting with her as she moves around...almost like an unspoken communication. We are totally ready for her to arrive...everything is washed and in place....I still have to finish sewing my diaper bag and get a pouch/sling...but we are ready. I'm not trying anything to speed things up...DH and I have been doing ALOT of love-making and cherishing this time together...its unique and has brought us even closer than we already were. I know she will arrive when she is ready to be on this side of the world...but I can't wait and I am soooooooo ready.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:18 PM

No No No No No No No No

I know I shouldn't expect labor to be coming this soon (I'm 39 weeks) since I went to 42.5 with my DD, but I've been getting increasingly depressed about this and more nervous about the birth (which will be a VBAC) and I'm very very very sick of being pregnant.

But I have nothing going on, some BH, but not even a single bit of spotting. I'm so tired, and sore and I feel gigantic. It's hard to believe that when I can hardly seem to lift myself up off the couch that I'm somehow going to be able to push out a big baby (which in my mind is pretty certain - DD was 10.8 and this one feels just as big if not bigger to me)

Also, DD is coming down with a cold which means I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be miserably sick

Sorry for being so whiny, I'm just not in a very positive mood right now

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
Old 05-17-2005, 01:52 PM

I did not want to fell like I am waiting for this baby but now I am. Yesterday he/she dropped again and after a long walk I had several contractions between 7pm and midnight. I told DH that we were for sure going to the birth center sometime in the middle of the night. Well here I am in the morning and no baby. I am going to go out and walk a lot today and see if baby is ready to come.

Good luck to everyone! I love reading your birth announcments and stories!
Old 05-17-2005, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

to everyone!!! Hang in there!!! I keep trying to check myself (okay, twice) and can't really, but then I remind myself that it doesn't mean anything anyway. So now I'll remind all of you. You can be dilated to 3 for weeks, you can lose your mucous plug and still walk around for days, or you can go from shut tight to fully dilated and pushing in a matter of hours! It is encouraging to have contractions, to feel like something is happening, but it doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot because it can keep happening for a really LONG time. I went to 42 weeks and a day last time and had been dilating for literally weeks, had lost my mucous plug, had started regular contractions for five hours that then stopped, and he STILL didn't come, despite all my efforts. And it leaves me this pregnancy knowing that I could be pregnant into June a bit. It's hard, it sucks. We all want to meet our babies, I know, but they WILL come!!! On their own, no less (I'm being the cheerleader over here for late babies)!!!

My midwife just called and cancelled my appointment. sigh. I don't really wanna go anyway...

At any rate, our babies will come when they are ready. Fight off induction, ladies!!!

Old 05-17-2005, 03:06 PM

I'm over 39 weeks now, having tons of BH surges but no real signs yet. I'm at the point where I really welcome the surges though! No mucous or blood or anything. I went walking around with my mum yesterday for about 3 hours but got nothing other than a back ache and lots of BH's. I'm trying hard to be patient. It's provincial election day where I live, so, at least I'll be able to vote!
Old 05-17-2005, 03:45 PM

I've gotten all emotional over the fact that this is the last bit of time I will have with my dd as an only child. I've been cuddling her more and just trying to enjoy who she is before the mayham of a new baby in our life. So in a way, despite my eagerness to meet our new baby, I'm almost sad that this time with my dd is coming to an end.

Some bh ctrx, lots of movement. I'm not feeling like baby will be early so I'm just trying to keep the mind that s/he'll be showing up after the due date. But my hips are hurting and my energy is waning, so I will happily welcome this child when it is time!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:41 PM

Just posted this in the other thread too. I woke up last night to go pee and lost my mucus plug. Not a little either.......it was all there. That has got to be the most disturbing thing to see at 2 in the morning! :LOL Afterward I started getting contractions very low about every ten minutes. I'd lie down to go back to sleep and by the time I got comfy I'd get hit with one and would spend the next 30 seconds of so trying to relieve the pain. I'd get comfy again and have to pee. It was a vicious circle. I'm still having some and they seem to be picking up so hopefully today is the day. DH keeps asking how I'm feeling and if I have any contractions. :LOL I told him this morning when he got up what was going on and he got so excited he grabbed my stomach and started squeezing it telling the baby to come out. Right at that moment I got hit with another one and I about died! The look on my face must have said it all cause he suddenly looked so remorseful and sad and started cuddling with me instead. Dumb boy. :LOL

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Banned

I am due exactly one week from today. DS was born one day after his due date. I didn't feel any painful contrax. with him until the day he was born! He was a textbook labor. With this baby, I have been having lots of BHs, and some other more painful contrax. that come and go. Once they got 20 min. apart for 5 hours but then went away. No show or anything. She's way down there and I'm very uncomfortable! I just hope she's on time and not too late. I can definitely use this week to finish up odds and ends, though. Like Gingerlane, I also feel sad about my son having to share me with someone else, but I know it will work out eventually. My DH is a teacher so he will be off a good part of the summer--so he can spend special time with DS which will be good for both of them.

I'm a little nervous about how it will go with two kids and adjusting to a new baby. And the lack of sleep...that part wasn't fun last time! Hopefully this baby will "settle" faster than DS who had colic, poor thing.

I enjoy reading all the birth stories so keep em coming. Good luck, everyone!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:44 PM

I'm still here, and probably will be for a while...I've got 10 days until my due date. Wow, that's actually really close! I've been having the craziest dreams lately. Almost every single dream has been that I have a boy baby, and I've had a few where I had a boy and then they were like, ummm, you've got another one coming and that one was a girl. But I'm not having twins, so, we'll see. I'll just be really suprised if this baby comes out with a yoni :LOL In my dream last night I had my baby on May 20th, that's only 3 days away! Well, at least I finally feel caught up for a moment on the house cleaning. DH actually got up and helped a lot yesterday, he vaccumed and swept the floors and helped with laundry and stuff, too. I think it was because I had my first few painful contractions and he realized that the baby could actually be here sooner than later...but I'm not holding my breath for anything too soon. I'll most likely be here til June. I'm a June baby, and it would be pretty cool to have my b-day so close to the babies. The thought of two Gemini's in the family is a little scary, though Two Gemini's a Leo and a Scorpio...what a family!!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Old 05-18-2005, 12:08 AM

Nope no show, no baby. Lots of contrax all friggin night long though! As soon as I lay down. What is up with that, I can run errands, walk a mile and nothing, I go lay down in bed and BAM! They are hard wave like and wake me up. Even when they finally subside about 1 am I am having trouble sleeping and really don't get "real" sleep until between 3 and 6:30 am. She has dropped and I am at 1cm already.

I am asking my MW to do the stretch and sweep thing tomorrow so I can get this show on the road. I did so with both my boys no adverse effects and went into labor 3-4 days afterwards. I am sooooooo tired and need sleep so badly. If this pattern continues much longer I am worried about lack of sleep affecting my labor.

I am also anxious to have her arrive while family is here to watch the boys. So we shall see. I am thinking of working on other options for "natural induction" towards the end of the week as well. I will NOT however resort to castor oil, so if she doesn't arrive with everything else, I will just wait it out.

I am heading to bed now to see if I can get some sleep. I figure with all that goes on all night long if I don't lay down early when I can I won't get any sleep!

Blessings,
N~
Old 05-18-2005, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
All yesterday, I felt nauseaus and had hardly any appetite...more loose bowels too. Wierd, woke up in the night with two real contrax but I got back to sleep.

Hubby woke up and said, well we made it thru another night. We are kind of hoping for a daytime birth this time-he said not so scary in the dark Plus the light coming thru the windows this morning is so pretty.

I'm definitely feeling things happening...more mucous plug, etc.

Happy Birthing to everyone....

Me, 42
Hubs, 44
Married 22 years
Two boys 11 and 9
and a HUGE surprise: I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:31 AM

Still here and quite frustrated at it. :LOL I'm 40 weeks today. DS came at 38 so I was hoping.... Anyway, MIL has been here for 2 1/2 weeks. My sister has been here for two but has to leave today (too bad MIL can't leave today instead). I am so disappointed that she is going to miss the birth.

The baby is about as low as he can get without coming out and has been since about 37 weeks. He is perfectly positioned. I have loads and loads of BH contractions that are becoming a bit crampy. I STILL have my plug... I pray every time I wipe that THIS time it will be there. I lost it all in one piece about 6 hours before labor began last time. Again, I was hoping....

So, while I think it's really cool that I've gone to 40 weeks and will probably have a pretty good sized baby, I really, really, really, really wanted my sister to be here.

Hang in there, Mamas!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:35 AM

I am at 40 weeks 3 days now and have tons of Braxton Hicks and get some cramping sometimes that feels like menstral cramps. I have trouble walking around and getting up.

I have never done this before, but I can't imagine my hips getting much more sore before they are ready for the baby to come out! They probably will though.

Next pregnancy I am definitely telling people I am due a month later than I am so that they don't bother me so much. It is really the obnoxious family members that are the worst part of my pregnancy, the physical discomfort I can deal with a lot better. I feel so pressured with everyone telling me to have the baby already, or telling me which dates are good for them, or them laying claim to my baby and calling it theirs. I really want a babymoon when I do eventually have the baby. They had better not show up at my apartment!
Old 05-19-2005, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter

I'm confusing myself. I keep going back and forth between wanting to have the baby NOW and thinking "good lord, am I ready?" I wish there was just something that was like a line in the sand that I could cross and know that okay, now it's time. My hormones have been wacky the last few days... Maybe that's what's wrong with me. I thought for sure that the crazy psycho-ness was some sort of sign of impending labor, but no such luck. Excepting my emotional state, I'm feeling better than ever. And I think that the babe is pretty comfortable too.

This not knowing is starting to really get to me, though.

Old 05-19-2005, 10:36 AM

I know exactly what you mean Anna....while I am in no rush to decide the timing on things...I keep going between READY and PATIENT and content. I feel like Im on a roller coaster these last few days...and last night I just started crying for NO reason at all (I bought new tomatoes and went to put them in the basket only to find a couple with some mold on the vine...yeah that got me all upset and it was downhill from there- wth? ). One minute Im irritable, the next minute Im all weepy and then the next minute hits a 30 minute surge of extreme nesting behavior. Very erratic emotions which are wearing me out but I KNOW have to be wearing on DH...fortunately he is patient and kind. In no way do I want to rush nature so I have been doing last minute things to enjoy and fulfill the waiting (started a quilt for the baby) but the erractic moodcoaster is wearing me down a bit.

Oh one more thing....is anyone else feeling moments of grief over losing the routines/patterns in your life? Im not sure im putting that in the right words...but basically I have these moments where I feel a little sad that DH and I wont be having as much one on one time and my attention with the kids will be spread thinner sooner. I think its all hormones and emotions because this is life and quite frankly I can't wait to meet my baby and bring her into our lives, but I have these moments where I feel like I'm subtly mourning the life I have now.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:29 PM

I totally get what you mean, marsupial. I keep finding myself cuddled up with dd, just smelling her hair and thinking all these weepy thoughts about how in such a short time she'll be a big sister and I won't be able to focus on her as much. Dh and went out to lunch and a movie yesterday and I realized that may be the last time for a long time we get to do that, just the two of us. Part of me is content to just keep this baby tucked away and another is so eagar to meet this babe!

Soon enough, I say!
Old 05-19-2005, 06:09 PM

I hear you. I'm vascilating wildly between extreme impatience and dread. I so want for this baby to be born safely, healthy and whole. I had a bunch of mamas from our Vancouver tribe at MDC over this morning to put together a care package for another fellow MDC mama. Her little boy (born May 13) has pretty severe brain damage. So bad that the doctors don't feel like he will live once they take him off life support. I don't know what happened. She had a home VBAC with nothing out of the ordinary. He had some breathing problems at birth and they put him on 02 and transferred him to hospital. Now, 6 days later they are all still there. We don't know if the brain damage happened during labour or was congenital or what. I can't imagine it was during labour because she would have transferred to hospital if there were problems wouldn't she? Her experience plus Coleslaw's has got me feeling really anxious for my baby to be born. For the first time ever, I've even entertained the thought of abandoning my plans for a second VBAC and scheduling a c-section. Of course, I would never actually do it, but the thought has crossed my mind. I need to find a way to feel happy and hopeful and positive again. I'm worried that the anxiety I'm feeling isn't good for my baby. What do you all do when you feel fearful or anxious?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robugmum
What do you all do when you feel fearful or anxious?
Cry. The last few days anyway....its been an emotional rollercoaster quite literally...fears not so much about birth but AFTER birth. Supposedly, my baby will have to have her foot corrected shortly after birth (she has a very mild clubfoot-it turns inward a bit) with a cast and as much as I have tried to educate and prepare for this, a selfish part of me doesn't want to sacrifice my babymoon time with her for it. Then I flip flop and worry that after everything Ive been through these last 9+ months, something will go wrong. I have had to do ALOT alot alot of meditating and focusing inward to recapture my confidence in my body during those fearful moments. Confidence that not only can my body birth this baby, but protect her the best it can. Hang in there.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robugmum
For the first time ever, I've even entertained the thought of abandoning my plans for a second VBAC and scheduling a c-section. Of course, I would never actually do it, but the thought has crossed my mind. I need to find a way to feel happy and hopeful and positive again. I'm worried that the anxiety I'm feeling isn't good for my baby. What do you all do when you feel fearful or anxious?
I'm glad you expressed this. I am feeling the same way. Being 39+ weeks now, I can't help but ponder the fact that I could just schedule a c-section for anytime now if I wanted. I'm getting more freaked out about the possibility of something going wrong. I don't have anyone to talk to about it that will really understand - if I talk to DH, he just says 'So do you want to schedule the c-section?' - I don't! (And actually in a way that helps, because having him vocalize it like that makes me really see I don't want to do it) Really I just want to be confident again in what I'm doing and not worry. I'm glad I set myself up a great support team because if I had to be the steady rock in the current of providers pushing me to get a c-section I don't know that I could resist right now.

As it is, I have to decide what I want to do at 42 weeks - given I went 42.5 last time (and was induced) its a very real possiblity that we will get there with no labor - at that point I will have to keep pushing to stay pregnant or give in to the c-section. I'm mostly trying not to think about it right now.

ETA - Oh, I wanted to add that I noticed my fear of something going wrong increasing recently since I had been watching those baby shows on TV. None of them are about VBACs or UR necessarily, but I think it still has a subtle effect on my psyche, so I cut that out. (In the past I have seen a psychologist for anxiety and we found that TV especially affected my anxiety - if I watched the nightly news I would have a hard time sleeping for weeks anxious about something - so I try to think carefully about what I'm watching and what is influencing me subconsciously)

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
Old 05-20-2005, 01:26 PM

Mighty Moo & Robugmum, I totally get you both. I too could go back to my OB today & say, I want a c-sec & he would GLADLY do it! It is NOT what I want at all, but all this waiting can be so hard! My back is achy, I am crampy, I am nauseaus. I am no longer at the feel to good to have a baby stage. That is a good sign, I keep telling myself. I just want this to happen. I keep trying to surrender.
Does anyone else hurt when baby moves? I swear I do not remember that from before. I do not think she is any bigger than my last 2 but ugh! (In fact she is measuring smaller this week, which means she is dropping) I just try to remember her stretching is a sign of good health & that she is getting ready for her big event too!
Anyway, I am ready. I am tired of waiting. I feel yucky. Lets get this thing on the road!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 05-20-2005, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy
My back is achy, I am crampy, I am nauseaus. I am no longer at the feel to good to have a baby stage.
Does anyone else hurt when baby moves? I swear I do not remember that from before. Anyway, I am ready. I am tired of waiting. I feel yucky. Lets get this thing on the road!!!!
I could have easily written parts of that Cristina. At the expense of trying to not complain, I have avoided posting about this but WTH is up with the nausea and is this normal? I feel like I am in my first trimester again...and its not inwaves here and there like a few weeks ago but its intense and very uncomfortable. It's really hard to eat feeling like that...it's really hard to do anything feeling like you are about to upchuck at any moment. I am so glad you said something bc I feel a little bit better. I hear ya on the crampy, back achy stuff too. On top of all of that, (here comes TMI) with the cramping and BH, my vaginal muscles are cramping up really tightly too....which really hurts. It's like menstrual cramps times 50...I swear it is. Then there is the achy flu-achy feeling. Oh and the constant wiping of nasty mucous everytime I use the bathroom (which was all blood tinged last night). \ I didnt have this the last two times....I went into labor and that was that (of course I was induced)...this has drug on and on since Wednesday when mw did the stretch and sweep thang. *sigh* guess that expense of not complaining didnt get too far. LOL :LOL

Anyone heard from Lizabethian or Eaglevoice?
Old 05-20-2005, 03:06 PM

The nausea is totally normal. From what I understand it is caused by the hormones that make the bowels loose toward the end of pregnancy so you can clean out before having the baby.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial
I'm sure they're off having they're babies.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial
I'm still here!!!! :LOL Just as uncomfortable and yucky as everyone else I'm jealous that some of you are getting blood tinged mucous. I've got nothing. I keep checking, turning on the light when I pee in the middle of the night to look and see if I've got any show... Nothing. I think I'll be here for a while still *sigh*

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Old 05-20-2005, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice
I'm still here!!!! :LOL Just as uncomfortable and yucky as everyone else I'm jealous that some of you are getting blood tinged mucous. I've got nothing. I keep checking, turning on the light when I pee in the middle of the night to look and see if I've got any show... Nothing. I think I'll be here for a while still *sigh*
: Except I do not turn on the light, but I can tell it is not there!

User Tag List