Dilation sensations vs. Contrax - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-18-2005, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't recall this with my first but sometimes I feel distinct "opening" feelings in my cervix...it must be dilating in minute amounts....

At other times, I have actually hardening of the uterus-Braxton Hicks.

Anyone else????

Me, 42
Hubs, 44
Married 22 years
Two boys 11 and 9
and a HUGE surprise: I'm 7 weeks pregnant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-18-2005, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
me too mama. Especially the last couple of days and especially even more last night->this morning. There are times where my cervical area/pelvic floor HURTS almost like a burning hurt...I cant explain it. I feel alot of pressure on on my hips when this is happening. Ive also had alot, I mean ALOT of hardening and tightning of my uterus.....mostly painless. I figured the painless tightning feelings dont mean much and arent doing anything....am I right?
#3 of 4 Old 05-18-2005, 01:46 PM

I'm a big fan of the 'if our bodies do it, it probably isn't useless' philosophy. While BH contractions probably aren't causing significant dialation, they probably are helping to prepare you somehow - maybe by helping the cervix efface, or move baby into position, etc.

It is funny how I complain to DH all day about feeling miserable, but I LOVE feeling any sort of cervical pain - though I haven't had anything as intense as you are desribing. It sounds good to me!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#4 of 4 Old 05-18-2005, 06:43 PM

I have been having twinges inside as well. Not really sure what that it is, but I am sure they are doing something?!?!?!?!
I have loads of BH too. I am doing EPO vaginally at night, but not sure if it is working, but since not hurting why not??? I wonder if working because my cervix is so darn high, I can not reach it. I just stuff it up as high as I can & go to bed.
We are almost there!!! Hang in there!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page