Cramping normal? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-19-2005, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mamas....Ive got a question. This pregnancy is different (night and day) from my first two and even now things I am experiencing are not things I experienced back then (I was induced by 36 weeks with both for pre-eclamsia which I do NOT have this time : so I will go into labor on my own when the baby is ready). With that said, here is another "is this normal or am I losing it" question for ya'll. I've been up most of the night because I have been so uncomfortable but when I got up this morning with the kids it has hit me even harder. I'm having cramping...very low (above the pubic bone) and mostly in my lower back...it feels like a bout of severe menstrual cramping and comes and goes. It's not the normal contraction/tightening I had with all the ptl back when. I am so sorry to sound like I am complaining..but I dont want to call my mw over something that really isnt a big deal...I just want to know if this normal? I have been working through them by getting on my knees and leaning on the glider rocker and using that to rock back and forth...but its wearing me out. When I sit down it gets better but as soon as I stand up it starts furiously again. These arent BH are they? Is cramping like this normal?

thanks...hope the rest of you are holding it together today!
#2 of 9 Old 05-19-2005, 10:51 AM

Totally normal!! I have felt like I was going to start my period for the last 2 weeks!!! Crampy, achy you name it! Low in the front & in the back.
It is not constant, but there about 80% of the time.
You are not alone!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#3 of 9 Old 05-19-2005, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

tmi ahead-well since I originally made this post I have been cleaning up the nastiest bulks of mucous. I went to the bathroom and realized there was globs of "stuff" floating around so when I went to wipe it looked like someone with an awful sinus infection blew their nose. Guess the cramping was helping to expel this. Yuck.
#4 of 9 Old 05-19-2005, 12:19 PM

Mucous plug!!!!! (Wish I was joining you!)

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#5 of 9 Old 05-19-2005, 12:36 PM

Very normal - especially after having your membranes stripped/swept which I believe you mentioned in another thread.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#6 of 9 Old 05-19-2005, 01:25 PM

Yep totally normal, and I am right there with you except no plug for me

I guess you could sort of call it early early labor? Two to three days before both my boys I had this sort of crampy stuff (right after the stretch and sweeps both times) and then the contrax started. I would time them just to make sure this isn't how you are experiencing contrax this time around. If they are in a regular pattern call your MW!

Blessings,
N~
#7 of 9 Old 05-19-2005, 04:16 PM

Lurking from June

We posted a similiar thread as some of us are feeling the same thing. For me, it doesn't seem to be in waves, it really just feels like menstrual cramping, constant, usually at night or any time that I relax! Its good to hear that this may be productive in some way!
#8 of 9 Old 05-20-2005, 08:53 PM

I was cramping all day yesterday as well. My poor DH must have been pretty fed up with my whining that I felt like I was goint to start my period.. he suggested I go "look it up in a book or something". LOL! (he knows me too well) So I whipped out my copy of Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn and sure enough... there it was... cramping and vague lower back ache under possible signs of labor. YAY! We are totally normal. I just hope all this misery is getting me closer to THE big day.
#9 of 9 Old 05-21-2005, 04:53 PM

I was having these really bad sharppains way down low, like in my cervix the day before I went into labor and actually, this is where I felt most contractions during labor as well. Not so much in my entire uterus, but rather mosty in my cervix. Sounds like things are happening for you, so hopefully you'll meet your little one very soon.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page