Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2005, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm right here with ya

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Old 05-22-2005, 05:42 PM

I'm here too, and a week overdue.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Banned

You're not alone...

I am still here...
Old 05-22-2005, 09:10 PM

Me too! My EDD is tomorrow. I was so hoping this one would be early - no such luck! My skin is so badly stretched it really feels like it will burst open, so uncomfortable!
Old 05-22-2005, 10:21 PM

Still here too.

Labor stopped again. This starting up and stopping is annoying. I would rather nothing happen than be fooled 2-3 times a week!

Blessings,
N~
Old 05-22-2005, 10:29 PM

No baby here either...talk about being a woman in waiting. This waiting is the worst. And the false labor is a cruel joke of nature.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:59 PM

Still here. I'm away for the weekend at my mother's house (3 1/2 hours distance from home), so I'm actually sorta hoping NOT to have the baby and so far so good. She's posterior again though, which my mom thinks may be causing the intensity of my very irregular contractions. : Everything is very much still in place. Hoping for a baby this week maybe... As soon as we get back would be nice. So Tuesday. I'm sick of having to go to midwife appointments, so it's okay if I have to miss it for labor.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Old 05-23-2005, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamama
No baby here either...talk about being a woman in waiting. This waiting is the worst. And the false labor is a cruel joke of nature.

Me too! Im so tired of this! We went for a gigantica walk last night and another one this morning..I woke up with alot of behind pressure and contractions 6-7 mins apart. I didnt freak out tho and we went for a nice walk and by the time we got home they were 5-6 mins apart and quite uncomfortable. Its a little hard to not get your hopes up a little bit with that pace so I talked to the mw, and she kinda got our hopes up more....but by the time she came to check me, there was no change and the contractions were spacing back out again after 5-6 hours of such frequency. THAT IS SO CRUEL!! It's an evil twist of HAHAHAHA in your face! So Im taking it easy and doing my "Ottoman rocking" and basically not believing anything I feel. :LOL

My birthday is this Thursday...maybe I will end up sharing that day with my baby. Wait...maybe Im not even going to have a baby and all these contractions are just illusions...or a b-rated dream?

Patience is my mantra for now. I hope you mamas are hanging in there better...I am not an impatient person by any means so I am a little suprised at myself. Oh well....at least it really does help to know that I am not alone in all of this. Thank you for posting that you all are still here.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:50 AM

Having some odd sensations tonight but not sure if it means anything. My dad and a close friend both have a birthday tomorrow, so they're all pulling for that date! I'm thinking it's unlikely, but who knows!

Another four days until I'm due, so not getting my hopes up...
Old 05-23-2005, 01:30 AM

Still here too! Had contractions for a while last night, woke me up. Went & got water & tylenol (leg aches) & they went away. Sigh.
None really today, just the same old BH. DH & I will walk again 2nite & perhaps a little more activity If we are not to tired. It has been a long weekend!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 05-23-2005, 01:55 AM

I'm very much still here, and as I've said before, most likely will be until June. We had a fairly busy weekend, and I was quite happy to remain pregnant during it. DH and I got out by ourselves for a bit, and then I went to a cloth diapering shower today, while DH ran around with my DS. I had wanted to get "more things done" this weekend, but then I'm kind of just enjoying this time before having a newborn again.

Sometimes I am very uncomfortable, but my only real complaint is not being able to keep up with my DS or hold him/lie down with him the way I'd like to. I will feel quite relieved when my parents come later this week. They'll be able to do so much more for my son, and of course, then I'll feel much more at ease going into labor. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having the holiday weekend to spend some more time with DH and maybe get a few last-minute things done before the babe arrives. Anyone else feel this way?

I'm sure I'll be kicking myself for saying this when early June does arrive ~ I'll probably end up trying every natural induction method out there (except for castor oil, yuck) . . .
Old 05-23-2005, 02:18 AM

Oh yeah, and robugmum, I'm also having the stretchy skin sensations, at least on certain days. I can't exactly tell if I have any new stretch marks (so many from last time), but I wouldn't be surprised. I actually had a dream that my skin was splitting and bleeding ~ yikes!

Also, I'm not usually one to complain about other people's comments, but I'm tiring of them lately. It seems I cannot go anywhere without someone saying something about how I'm "ready to pop." And tonight, I had a conversation that took the cake. At the ice cream parlor (ahhh, the irony), a man actually got out of his chair, tapped me on the shoulder, and asked if I was "like nine months pregnant?" He then went on to say that he had never seen "such a pregnant woman before in his life" and that he "has seen plenty of pregnant women." He even asked if this was my first (I said "no") and then "didn't I feel so much bigger with this one?" : I was so shocked by his comments that I didn't come up with anything witty, but I did respond with a fair amount of strength in my voice ~ like "yes, I am big, and I may have fairly big babies, but WTF gives you the right to come up with these questions?" Perhaps I should just assume he was either drunk or stoned, as I cannot imagine these are socially acceptable things to say to a pregnant woman (although others' comments don't seem too far from these) . . .
Old 05-23-2005, 03:42 PM

Oooh, WitherB, yup, that's pretty up there on the scale of obnoxious things to say. We have a big family party today for my cousin's 18th birthday and grad. I've already coached dh that he is supposed to stay close and help me to deflect any rude, obnoxious or otherwise upsetting comments from my family! Today is my due date, not that babe seems to know about it! My doula called last night and was very reassuring. I felt better after talking to her. Our holiday weekend (Victoria Day) is now, in Canada, so dh is off work today . I gather Memorial Day is next weekend in the States? I'm actually glad baby didn't decide to come this weekend because, my cousin, who's living with us right now to provide housekeeping and childcare help, is off at her parent's place till tonight. It'll be much simpler if we have someone here with the kids already when I go into labour.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:11 PM

I had some am fluid leaking this morning but it's stopped... no ctx, no nothing. NOTHING. I'm trying not to be annoyed, but this baby is messing with me. If I really do have a leak I'm hoping things will kick off in the next 24 hours or so.

I swear, this kid is messing with me and before long my dh is going to think I'm the girl that cries wolf.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:29 PM

gingerlane - I'm stalking you here, hope you don't mind :LOL (I posted here at the very beginning of my pg btw, but the forum got too busy for me to keep up w/) Anyway, that's what happened w/ Elliott... I had some leaking two days before he was born (who knows for sure if it was broken waters or not) and then my labor stared w/ water breaking. So sounds close to me! I'm so excited for you.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:32 AM

Hey Bons!

Happened to me too... got too busy for me to keep up but now that I'm at the end I need all the mama support I can get!

I hope that it does mean labor is coming soon and not in three weeks! I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when my MW said she didn't have a cut off. I can go beyond 42 weeks and still have my hb as long as everything is checking out well! So I need to just CHILL OUT and let baby come when baby is good and ready! :LOL

So yep, still firmly in the "Still Here" category.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:02 AM

Me! I am still hanging around at 43.5 weeks (LMP but dates could be out a little because I conceived on the first ovulation cycle after a m/c) and I have stopped answering phone calls from well-meaning friends and family wanting to know when I am going to allow myself to be induced!

Am walking a couple hours a day (albeit in shopping malls), have tried nipple stimulation, and ob-gyn has done a couple of sweeps. Mightymoo, my 2nd session with my Hypnobirthing therapist last evening didn't work, although I left CONVINCED it would happen last night - I even felt surges/contractions during the session, but they disappeared when I got home).

Today I'm at 3cm and he can feel the head at the cervix, so ob-gyn has hopes it will happen in the next few days. But oh man, sleeping at night has been tough, I am up at all hours and then sleepy during the day, so napping a lot.

I've been praying about it too, but I guess the message I'm getting back is, in HIS time, not mine!
Old 05-27-2005, 03:30 AM - Thread Starter

I've got my fingers crossed for you! : I'm impressed that you have such a supportive OB that is willing to wait this out with you. Labor Vibes!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
Old 05-27-2005, 01:52 PM

I know this is probably TMI but....
I lost my mucous plug this morning! Its the first positive sign I've had for ages! I'm just hoping it ends up meaning I'm hours away, not weeks away from labour.

User Tag List