When?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 05-23-2005, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WHEN is this baby going to come?! I know...I'm not due until Wednesday, but that's only 3 days right? I just want a little sign...maybe some bloody show or mucous or maybe some slight back pain, ey? I just can't stand surprises or waiting and not knowing. And then...then...the thought that this little one could take at least 2 more weeks is . My skin hurts. Right above my belly button. Perhaps it will just open up and the baby will just fall right out. :LOL
I am wondering how many more of these threads will be started before the end of the month by mamas going crazy. Hey now, at least my house is finally clean and we officially have names picked out that are perfect.
Can't wait to post...Welcome my sweet Griffin David or Eleanor Rebecca!

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#2 of 19 Old 05-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Banned

I'm with you!

The only thing too, is maybe it's better that you DON'T have signs...I have been having contractions for days and every time they get *slightly* stronger or closer together I am like, okay, this is it....then .... ... ... nothing.

I am not due until Friday but I keep hoping I will just get up from my recliner (whuch is becoming a monumental task... :LOL ) and I will feel a rush of my water breaking or something...

*sigh*

Wishful thinking I know...

Great names by the way!
#3 of 19 Old 05-23-2005, 12:01 PM

Count me in with you Mamas! I really want to be holding my baby soon! I was hoping to have her by Thursday. I have a huge LLL conf, (have I mentioned that before ) this weekend. I wanted to take her & show her off. Oh well, I guess I have 3 days to make that happen.
I go to the midwife today, we shall see what she says.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#4 of 19 Old 05-23-2005, 01:16 PM

As an author of one of those threads, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree. BAH! I'm due tomorrow and bubkiss! Aside from rampant BH contractions that feel like someone is sitting on my chest and the occaisional baby dance party which I can feel on my cervix, I got nothing. I'm okay waiting until Wed because then my FIL will be here to watch DD and we won't have to have our friends watch DD, while they are wonderful. she doesn't know them as well. But after that I don't want to wait anymore!!!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#5 of 19 Old 05-23-2005, 01:25 PM

I with all ya...where is this baby??

I want to fall in love again! I get so teary when I think about holding my baby for the first time and getting to experience the mad rush of emotions. Love and relief what a combo. This time I get to share it all with dd it is going to be such a special time for all of us...BRING IT ON!!! Pretty please...with a cherry on top???
#6 of 19 Old 05-23-2005, 01:28 PM

It's a full moon today, mamas!!! : : Come on, Moon, work with me here!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#7 of 19 Old 05-23-2005, 04:24 PM

Went to the midwife today. Had a few scares. Took her a while to find a heart beat & when she did it was really high (in my uterus, not counts). Baby has been moving ALOT & I felt her change posititon. For a few moments there we were thinking she went BREECH!!! UGH!!! After manipulated & a vag check, found her HB considerably lower, & we feel she is head down. I need to start paying attention to those little movements & see where they are to make sure the correlate with her being head down.
Since a vag exam was done, I did find out the condition of my cervix. 50% effaced, outter os is very soft. Not really dialated at all, but she could have gone through if she forced it, but she wouldn't do that. That is good to know, something is happening!
My midwife just had a Mom go over 43 weeks this last week. That was a good story to hear. Baby & Mom are just fine. Baby had few signs of post maturity but nothing significant. Placenta was healthy. I needed to hear stories like this. We hear so much crap about aging placentas & post date babies. YUCK!
Hand in there ladies. No one has been pregnant forever!!!
Much love from HOT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!! Finally.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#8 of 19 Old 05-23-2005, 04:49 PM

I'm with you. Was due on Satruday, and so far... nothing. I had some crampy spells over the weekend, but that's it.

I'm trying very hard to be thankful for the extra preparation time, but I'm feeling very impatient. And I'm not looking forward to arguing with my OB about inductions if the baby doesn't come soon. That will be especially tough, as I really *want* labor to start - just not with pitocin!

I shall repeat the mantra, "No one is pregnant forever" until the baby comes! Good luck to all of us!
#9 of 19 Old 05-24-2005, 12:59 AM

It's all good...

Cristina ... how is it you planned to be so involved in that LLL conf at this time??? ...do you usually go later? In your delivery times I mean. I'm just so amazed you're planning to be there ... glad you heard encouraging stories about 43-week babies and so forth. I've heard there are groups or discussion forums somewhere (not nec'ly in MDC) for "10-month babies"! I do think there's a bit too much hoorah over more than 40 week babes ... like many other things to do with the natural timing of babes and moms

Mama to two amazing homeschooling boys born in 1999 and 2002
#10 of 19 Old 05-24-2005, 12:55 PM

A finger-tapping smiley would be highly appropriate about now... We're home now. The house is pretty much clean and I've been exhausted! I slept almost 12 hours last night! AND I took a short nap yesterday and slept about 10 hours the night before! I was hoping that it meant something and that the full moon was pulling this tide OUT, but no such luck. I did wake up at about 5:30 this morning feeling really kinda weird and sick, and I had a few waves of energy run through my whole body (I really don't know what it was at all) that made me feel kinda icky and I just tried to embrace it, hoping that it was impending labor or something. But I wake up this morning and everything is still very much intact and I am still very much pregnant. *sigh

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#11 of 19 Old 05-24-2005, 01:04 PM

yes great names!

yes no signs better than on and off signs that drive you crazy!

yes we need a finger tapping smilie!

no I am not in labor

no I am not very patient

and no I don't want to go past dates with this little girl!

That said I like the mantra idea!

I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings,
N~
#12 of 19 Old 05-24-2005, 01:51 PM

I've been mostly a lurker on these boards for, lo, the last 7 months or so! But I just had to jump in on this thread to say that I, too, am still waiting and feeling SO CRANKY and kinda depressed about the whole thing. My due date is on Thursday (5/26) and I also have seemingly no signs of impending labor--unless you count my awful moodiness! No real cramping, no bloody show, no mucus, Braxton-Hicks not really any stronger or more frequent than they have been.

We live in a small town, so every day I run into people who are wanting to know if baby has arrived yet. I'm like: Do I LOOK pregnant to 'ya still? Do you SEE a baby? Ack!!!

I feel like hiding until she arrives. And then I'll probably really need to hide once she does, at least for a few weeks until we start to settle in.

Anyone else considering self-imposed exile? Vows of silence until baby shows up? I'm really having to bite my tongue so that I don't alienate all the well-meaning people who keep inquiring about her status . . .

Hang in there, ladies.

~Wendy
#13 of 19 Old 05-24-2005, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoreena
Cristina ... how is it you planned to be so involved in that LLL conf at this time??? ...do you usually go later? In your delivery times I mean. I'm just so amazed you're planning to be there ... glad you heard encouraging stories about 43-week babies and so forth. I've heard there are groups or discussion forums somewhere (not nec'ly in MDC) for "10-month babies"! I do think there's a bit too much hoorah over more than 40 week babes ... like many other things to do with the natural timing of babes and moms
Amoreena, are you stalking me?????? I guess so since we will meet IRL soon! LOL!

Well, when I took on this HUGE conference job, I was NOT pregnant. NOT planning to get pregnant! I took it at last years conference when I was quitting another smaller conf job & asked to step up to this plate.
This is an oops, bonus baby for us. So, once I found out I was pregnant, I was already committed to the conference. I LOVE LLL!! What better place to have a baby than a LLL conference!! LOL!
Yes, I usually go post date. DD was 10 days & DS was 15 days, both induced. So, chances are very great this wee one will not appear until after conference. But on the safe side, my midwife is attending conference. Luckly I am her only client due at this time, so she can travel down to Orange County without worry.

So now my deliema, do I pack for a baby too???? I think I will just take my birth kit & that is it. If she comes at conf, my Mom & 2nd support person can bring down the car seat & some clothes. I can buy new diapers there!!!LOL!!

#14 of 19 Old 05-25-2005, 02:50 AM

I'm focusing on one day at a time. I just have to get through today and I'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow. I remind myself that I felt just as tired, frustrated and impatient 3 weeks ago and somehow I got through it, I can do another 2 weeks.

I like the mantra: I WILL NOT BE PREGNANT FOREVER - the problem is I hear an echo in my head that says 'IT FEELS LIKE I ALREADY HAVE BEEN PREGNANT FOREVER!' :

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#15 of 19 Old 05-25-2005, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymoo
I'm focusing on one day at a time. I just have to get through today and I'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow. I remind myself that I felt just as tired, frustrated and impatient 3 weeks ago and somehow I got through it, I can do another 2 weeks.

I like the mantra: I WILL NOT BE PREGNANT FOREVER - the problem is I hear an echo in my head that says 'IT FEELS LIKE I ALREADY HAVE BEEN PREGNANT FOREVER!' :

AMEN SISTER!!!

I told myself last night when I went to bed that I would NOT be disappointed if I woke up still pregnant! I actually spend some time yesturday just enjoying her movements and the fact that she is ALL MINE right now.

My MW appointment went well, fundus height is 39.5 and her heart beat is strong and steady. The FH seems to be more in sinc now with my due date as I was exactly 39 weeks yesturday. I decided against being checked as we already know I am not in labor and that I will be soon enough! I do have some blood streaks now in the mucus I am loosing so it seems I am inching forward.

I have resigned myself to the fact that I may well go into June . I didn't want to for selfish reasons and silly ones at that. (would rather have her with an emerald birthstone than pearl/alexandrite stuff like that) But I have gotten over that.

I keep hoping that all this pre-labor stuff will help shorten the active phase. (mine are LOOooooOooong!) Under 12 hours would be so nice.

BTW Debstmomy, I would at least bring an outfit or two for the baby just in case. Have fun at the LLL Conf. I missed our last regional one .

blessings,
N~
#16 of 19 Old 05-25-2005, 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=sammymommy]
Anyone else considering self-imposed exile? Vows of silence until baby shows up? I'm really having to bite my tongue so that I don't alienate all the well-meaning people who keep inquiring about her status . . .

Hang in there, ladies.

I hear you! I feel like nobody in their right mind would want to be around me right now!

Mostly though, I think all this waiting is really hard on my 5 and a half year old ds. The poor kid doesn't exactly embrace change in the first place. Right now everything is so up in the air for him. No, we don't know when the baby will come, no, we don't know whether its a boy or a girl, no we don't know if Mummy and Daddy will be here when you wake up....(#1 best reason to plan a homebirth, sigh). He's horribly touchy and sensitive right now and I don't blame him but he's pretty difficult to take!
I think once the baby is here he'll actually feel better, though that stage will likely be harder on dd!
#17 of 19 Old 05-26-2005, 03:58 AM

I'm sitting here reading all of your posts and all of the sudden, my mind focuses in on the ticking of the wall clock in my kitchen. Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock...now I'm feeling like this is never going to end. I was sooooo hoping for a full moon baby. DH and I tried really hard. We went for a walk in the morning, afternoon and one at night under the full moon. We even had SEX!!! :LOL I laugh because he's pretty freaked out about having sex right now. He says it makes him bend in a weird direction (sorry TMI!!)
I saw my midwife today. My mom has really been bugging me to get checked. I wasn't planning on it, but she really wanted to know for some reason, so I finally gave in and told my mw to go ahead and check me, just to appease my mommy. I'm 1 1/2 cm, 50%, and -1 station. Then a couple of hours after my appt I went to the bathroom and saw that I was spotting pretty heavily. Called my MW and she told me it was pretty normal to spot after being checked. Man, that got my hopes up. Oh well. I guess I'll just continue to twiddle my thumbs and scrub my shower.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#18 of 19 Old 05-26-2005, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice
I guess I'll just continue to twiddle my thumbs and scrub my shower.

ROFL! That is exactly how I feel. Spent another night of contrax all night long. And of course they stopped. Why at night? Why when I need to sleep?

So I am irritable (understatment) and annoyed, but getting work done around the house anyway!

Blessings,
N~
#19 of 19 Old 05-26-2005, 01:56 PM

I had the most vivid dream last night. I dreamt I had gone to see some sort of inspirational healer and then walked home up a really big hill. By the time I got home I was having contractions but not super painful ones, more like waves. I called our midwife and she came over and checked me and declared that I was 10 cm already and I could push any time I wanted. So I sent my dh downstairs for some waterproof pads for the bed and lay down and my big 10lb (!) baby boy was born in maybe two gentle pushes. I woke up then, of course. I felt so disappojnted that it wasn't real and that I was still waiting for this baby to decide to be born. I almost cried with frustration. This dream was such a beautiful story of how I'd love my actual birth to be (well, maybe to be realistic, a bit more pain!). I guess I'm really mourning the loss of ever having a home birth too, maybe that was partly what it was all about. Anyway, I'm rambling! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page