Still Waiting ... What do you do all day? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious what others still waiting for the baby to show up have been doing to pass the time. I am so exhausted I don't feel like I have the energy for much, but I'm so bored. My DH is wonderful and now I have my FIL in town, so my DD is well taken care of so I can rest, but resting isn't very interesting!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#2 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 04:45 PM

Well, I've done lots and lots of cleaning, especially on the rainy days. I'm in Portland, OR, and it's rained soooo much this month. But this week has been amazing! It's been in the mid 80's and today is supposed to be 92!!! So all week, I've been dragging my family outside to hike, walk, run through water fountains, play disc golf, etc. I've got this urge to get outside in the sunshine. I guess the sun has given me a burst of energy, and Portland is just so beautiful when the sun is shining!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#3 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 06:32 PM

Oh man, I have very little energy myself. So basically I sit in front of the computer for about four hours after I get up, then I start doing things like cleaning a little, making lunch, etc. Then I'm exhausted and I decide not to do the other things I was gonna do - like leave the house to go on a walk. Today I might sleep for a little bit then go on a walk with DS to get some ice cream or something. I have errands I could run, but I'm too exhausted for that and laundry to be done, which will happen at some point. Yesterday I spent about 30 mins or so watching DS play in the dirt in the driveway. I think he was bathed about 3 times yesterday. I've been writing in my journal some, eating, drinking tea and trying not to think about going into labor. I'm not even due until Monday. *sigh*

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#4 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 06:51 PM

What do I do? I am on the computer ALOT! Tomorrow is conference, WOOHOO, and we have been doing last minute juggling. Why is it that people have to create havok when it does not concern them??? Been putting out fires & dealing with that sort of thing. I think I got the vendor map under control, finally!
Today, laundry so we can pack. I want to get a pedicure but not sure if that will happen, but I will try.
Oh I nap, every day. I try to lie down for at least 30 mins if not an hour.
Yesterday was a a slower day, since I watch my friends boy. I dyed my yarn I am taking to knit at conference. It turned out so pretty & will make a darling soaker. That was fun, except for the 4 hours it took to wind into a pull ball!!
Let see, I try not to think about having a baby too much. That is too stressfull. Everyone is asking when, HELL like I know!! Today, Grandma asked how I was feeling, I said GREAT! She goes oh darn! Ticked me off! I would rather feel great right now! I told her babies come on their birth days not on the due dates. Then she states all frustrated I want that baby to come! Well DUH don't we all, but I have no control over that one!
I have had wierd cervix sensations today. Perhaps it is all the laundry. I don't know. I am tired of predicting & paying attention every little sensation. I am going to stop!!! I just need to get packed & get to the hotel so I can enjoy all the hard work I have done & shop!!!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#5 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 07:37 PM

Well, today we went for a long walk, to the grocery, I cleaned the kitchen ans bathroom, read to dd for about an hour, ate lunch outside. I layed down ans rested, althought didnt fall asleep . Now I am sitting at the computer comtemplating going to the drugstore to buy some epsom salt to take a bath in. Yesterday I did 5 loads of laundry, folded and put it all away, cleaned my bedroom and dd's bedroom, swept and moped all the floors in house. Wow that is more than I have done iin months.

I hope you are all feeling well. I am trying not to think about labor, but I SO WANT TO HAVE THIS BABY THIS WEEK!!!!

darkstar
#6 of 6 Old 05-27-2005, 02:01 AM

Mostly, I think I'm just going crazy. I am so incredibly uncomfortable, bored and irritable. I feel like the best possible thing I could do is just stay away from everyone until I go into labour. : sigh...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page