Boycotting due dates next time around! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-27-2005, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So today is my due date according to LMP, and the 24th was the EDD I was given when I had my U/S at 8 weeks. Why didn't I listen to those people in the beginning who told me to forget the date and just know the time frame??? It's like I'm expecting some miracle, I want to be one of those 5% who actually give birth on their EDD. Next time, I'm going to have a "due month" not a due date. This sucks. Sorry, I just wanted to vent a little.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Banned

I am right there with you...

Today is my "due date" ...my first one was may 20th (my birthday)... but no luck there...

I almost dont care when she comes really (though I am impatient)... but I just don't want to go so far over that people start talking induction or hospitals or anything...

I am right here with you though.. contractions every night then by morning it is like cinderella at the stroke of midnight...poof....gone...
#3 of 7 Old 05-27-2005, 02:08 PM

No worries. Vent all you want. I want to share my latest blog with you: http://www.annakiss.com/2005/05/waiting.html
Quote:
waiting. another arbitrary deadline passes everyday. the 23rd a deadline by last menstrual period, the 24th a deadline for no reason but it was tuesday and the weekend had me thinking tuesday would be a good day, the 26th was a thursday and months ago aleks said the baby would come on thursday, the 27th a deadline given by ultrasound... sometimes i walk around and think stupid things like, "let me just get this load of laundry done and folded and put away and then i'm ready." or something equally pointless and mundane. i suppose the more finish lines i give myself, the more targets, the more chances i get at being right once, or rather the more opportunities i give myself to miss it completely. the actual event gets pushed further and further back, day by day, hour by hour. it is a million tiny litle failures marking my path to the inevitable. it is a waste of energy to mark the passage of time this way. and yet i am still stupidly trying to out-think the universe, trying to dig my way to acceptance of things as they will be. but it cannot be forced. there is no way to navigate it, and somehow i seriously doubt that my faith in the universe has anything at all to do with it anyhow. it is not about me getting to the place where i have given up. my baby will come when my baby is ready, not when i think it is time, or when i have everything in order, or even when i have everything in disorder. it has nothing at all to do with me, i'm sure. i am simply up against my own brain trying desperately to predict something unpredictable, trying to accomplish the impossible for no reason except its own satisfaction. it is an endless thirst, incapable of quenching correctly. i am left as tantalus, stuck on this island, forever reaching for grapes just out of reach, water beyond my grasp... totally pointless this exercise is.
And yet I swore not to get hooked into this again as DS was 15 days "past due". Most first-time moms go past their due date. If you typically have long menstrual cycles, you're pretty likely to go past your due date as well, imo. I typically have 30-38 day cycles, so chances are it takes my babes a little while longer to cook. My baby will be born on her birthday. My baby will be born on her birthday. My baby will be born on her birthday. My baby will be born on her birthday. Repeat it with me, Jenn... My baby will be born on her birthday. My baby will be born on her birthday.

(for the record, I just typed that sentence out each time)

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#4 of 7 Old 05-27-2005, 02:19 PM

Oh mommas i KNOW how you feel
I was 9 days 'over' with Phoenix and my DS1 was born at 39 weeks. I thought he would never come

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#5 of 7 Old 05-27-2005, 03:19 PM

I dont keep track of my cycles so its hard to say when excatley this baby was concieved. And since I havent gotten an ultrasound, we really have no idea :LOL. Went to the midwife and she said I was 50 % effaced, which means nothing. We had sex everyday for the last few days...I really want this baby to come out and join us. DD was 3 weeks past her edd...so, I know

My baby will be worn on their birthday

darkstar
#6 of 7 Old 05-28-2005, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

My baby will be born on his/her birthday. My baby will be born on his birthday. My baby will be born on his birthday.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#7 of 7 Old 05-30-2005, 08:36 PM

I have always hated EDDs, since I was pregnant with my first. I have always been post date. UGH! Next time I will give a date 2 weeks past the EDD!!!! (if there is ever a next time.)

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page