Still Waiting Daily Check-In... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-27-2005, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who all's still here? I thought I'd start a daily thread since we seem to be losing folks by the hour... Besides, this way we can all commiserate about how we're going to June and how miserable we are. :LOL

So... my life is all waiting to go into labor at this point. I'm fully intact, mucous and all, baby keeps switching sides and it seems like I will be pregnant forever, which I'm sure I won't be. If I go as long as I did with Aleks, I will be pregnant until June 6th. Maybe I should have joined the June boards as well so that I'd have been in the second round of folks having their babies over there. Maybe I'll just go cry. I'm offering frankly jealous congratulations to all the mamas having their babies as it's the best I can muster. At least this is the internet and there's no tone for which to convey my terseness. Of course, I've just gone and admitted it here, which is great. Here's a disclaimer - I will be happy for all of you, just probably not really as much as I can be until I've had my own baby!

Some moments I feel soooo crummy and depressed. I know it's just me being flooded with estrogen, but it's getting rather old. I feel lonely and isolated. I don't have anything to do and I'm more tired now than I've been. I really don't have much will to do anything either. I just wanna... do nothing, I guess.

So welcome to my pity party.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#2 of 8 Old 05-27-2005, 04:06 PM

Oh, me me me me! I'l join in! I can't live with myself anymore. I am 4 days past my due date and I can't think how anyone can be around me right now, actually! I am so bitchy and irritable and uncomfortable. Aaargh! I just want this to be done. I'm also bored out of my tree!

On a positive note, my mucous plug came out this morning, no blood or even pink tinge, just clear jelly like stuff, sorry is that TMI? I'm hoping this means I'm hours or days away from labour, though I realize it could still be more than a week...sigh...
#3 of 8 Old 05-27-2005, 04:14 PM

I'm not 'overdue' yet but expected to have the baby by now with the PTL fun I had. Not that I am -really- complaining, I am thrilled to have a full term, almost 40wks baby in there! And I don't feel any more impatient than I did two weeks ago, especially after my sister's very painful labor that ended in a csection two days ago

I had a cervical exam yesterday afternoon and am 4-5 cm dilated, 80% effaced. I've been dilating about a cm a week for the past three weeks. I know dilation is not indicative of when labor will start but I find it encouraging that I am already about halfway dilated!

Baby is not engaged and she's posterior. I have a lot of contractions with backache, sometimes they stay regular for a while but they have not yet picked up. I don't think I've lost my mucus plug... but can you be 5cm and still have one? I certainly had lots and lots of cm for the past few weeks, maybe that's been it going byebye.

Hang in there May (or June!) mamas!
#4 of 8 Old 05-27-2005, 04:51 PM

Me too... :

My BH contractions are increasing, especially at night, I had so many last night I had a hard time sleeping and actually got up at 4am for an hour. Of course nothing this morning and still completely 'intact' as anna called it. No mucus plug, no spotting, nothing.

Just got back from an hour or so walk and I'm going to an accupuncture appointment this afternoon. The baby is in a great position and low in the pelvis, I can feel when he turns his head.

COME OUT BABY COME OUT!

I'm going to start doing nipple stimulation with my breast pump a few hours a day. I've seen studies that show that this can help ripen the cervix faster and doesn't cause any 'overstimulation'. I really really don't want to go postdates with this one.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#5 of 8 Old 05-27-2005, 05:45 PM

I havent posted in a while. I changed my username. Add me to the pity party. I'm due sunday and for the past few days I have regular ctx's every night for a few hours and no show and not even much in the way of changes to my cervix. My mw doesnt check but I do. Now I'm not so sure that was a good idea to start. Im about 3 cm dialated for about a week. I would just like to loose even clear mucus. I have been so tempted to start doing stuff to get it started. But for me impatience was my downfall last time. I had been pretty moody but I am starting to feel better. I hope thats a good sign. Good birthing vibes to everyone.
#6 of 8 Old 05-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Banned

Checking in too ... pulling up a chair to the pity party...
Today is my due date and I was hoping she would come on time but it doesn't appear to be happening

DH and I went walking A LOT today and so far all I have is swollen ankles and a sore back... I am going to lay down and hope when I wake up I will be ~~~ magically ~~~ in labor...

You mamas aren't alone!
#7 of 8 Old 05-27-2005, 11:00 PM

Checking in here as well . . . today was also our due date, but I didn't really think he'd come by now, so no big surprise that I'm still pregnant. My parents arrived last night, and I'm so thankful to have their help now. My patience and energy with my son was deteriorating by the hour all week, so at this point, I'm just happy to have time to relax and organize.

The relaxation may be kickstarting something as well. I've been really feeling BHs for the past couple of days which is more than I'm used to experiencing. With my first son, I was induced on my due date (for low amniotic fluid), so it's definitely a bit strange to be going past this time. I definitely want to go naturally, so I'm happy about that, but this is a new experience for me. I'm not in full pity-party mode yet, although I'm sure I will be soon. Good luck to you all over the weekend!
#8 of 8 Old 05-28-2005, 04:06 PM

Pity party, here I come!!! Yesterday was my 2nd EDD. Last night I was having some crampy BH that were around 5 minutes apart for around and hour or so, then I decided to try and get some sleep *just in case*. Of course it was nothing, well, I guess is was something... just not what I was hoping for. My baby has been flipping from side to side as well. I keep having dreams of my water breaking in the middle of the night, then I wake up all sweaty and I can't tell if it's sweat or not and I get all excited thinking maybe it did actually break. But, again, nothing. So other than the light spotting I still have from my MW checking me on Wednesday, there's really not a lot going on. My phone rings constantly with friends and family, "just calling to see how you are" or "just wanted to see if you've popped yet." Don't they realize that as soon as I have this baby, the word will spread like a wild fire and they'll know as soon as it's here?? Oh well, they all mean well, so I'll just keep that in mind. My pubic symphasis is killing me. Mostly at night when I get up 10 times to go pee. And I feel like an 85 year old arthritic woman. My wrists and fingers are soooooo sore all day long. And now that it's so hot outside, I don't have any super warm weather maternity clothes. So I actually put on a stretchy little sun dress yesterday. DH said I looked like a hoochie mama :LOL, but I didn't give a s**t, it was so freaking hot and there was no way I was going to put on anything else. It's supposed to be like 13 degrees cooler today. Thanks for throwing the pity party, Anna!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page