Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   May 2005 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/274-may-2005/)
-   -   Who is with me on a hostile takeover of Due in June? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/274-may-2005/293921-who-me-hostile-takeover-due-june.html)

captain crunchy 05-30-2005 07:25 PM

I am only kiding I guess *sighhhhhhhhhhhhh*

I am sure they wouldn't be happy with us raining on their parade either....
and I would just feel like crap to read the birth stories of people due in JUNE who have had their babies before me already !!!!

This kid has one more day to get here so I can post in May without embarrassment... kidding again...

I am kind of in a foul mood. Everything everyone says and does is like, annoying me so much and for no reason. We walked around the mall and wow, people were staring at me. It was so embarrassing. I am not one of these paranoid people who thinks people are always staring, so I know they were... I am H U G E and she has dropped so low I look like I am stealing a basketball between my legs, shuffling through the mall.

My husband is really sweet and good about things... and in my rational mind he has been so amazing (especially lately) ... but when he makes his ridiculous jokes like "hey you knew the risks when you accepted this mission" ... he makes me want to rip his head off ...

I find myself making bargins. Bargins with God, bargins with Mother nature, bargins with the baby...

then I feel all guilty, like this was all I ever wanted, now I am bitching about it. I don't want to be one of those "I hate pregnancy" women.... and I am not... I have loved this pregnancy for the most part but ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

PLEASE BE BORN!!!!!

thismama 05-30-2005 07:28 PM

:LOL I'm not pg, so I'm doing a hostile takeover of your thread, but I wanted to say your post cracked me up and I get where you are coming from.

My daughter was born 13 days past my due date, and I was bitter! Each day after the due date seemed like 9 more months. We made up songs about hating the damn baby, and one day I saw a guy miss his bus and I laughed, "Haha, that guy missed his bus." I didn't realize how evil I was being until my friend responded with shock. I enjoyed any misery anyone else experienced and hated the world.

So I feel ya. Don't feel guilty for not being thankful for your babe who's about to appear. Just be a bitch and enjoy it. Hopefully s/he shows up soon.

mightymoo 05-30-2005 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy
I would just feel like crap to read the birth stories of people due in JUNE who have had their babies before me already !!!!
BINGO!

I am a completely foul mood - I just alternately want to destroy things and cry. Of course my inlaws are visiting so I can do neither effectively

And can I totally unfairly gripe about this? My DH is a wonderful man and is a great help, when he is home, he makes sure to keep my DD busy, occupied and put her down for naps, etc so I don't have to worry about it. But now that my inlaws are in town its all 'ok, what can we do next? lets work on the yard/laundry/etc' and so that means that my DH is occupied with FIL doing something.

Today I decided to pump for a few hours to hopefully stimulate labor - so DH got me all set up in the bedroom watching a movie, since I'm not really comfortable pumping in the living room in front of everyone. Well, of course about an hour in, MIL pops her head in (surprised to see that I am pumping, why didn't DH tell her? Grrr Thank goodness I was covered up!) and dumps DD on me because she can't get her down for a nap. GREAT.

Okay, I know I'm being ungrateful and very very selfish but I feel that at 41 weeks pregnant I have EVERY RIGHT TO BE.

mightymoo 05-30-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama
Just be a bitch and enjoy it.
Hey we crossposted, but this seemed to be the main theme of my post anyway. I love it. :LOL

Eaglevoice 05-31-2005 12:18 PM

Today is the last day of May...

I guess I was right all along saying I was going to have a June baby.

Come out, baby, come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!