I'm still here... thank God. I never thought I would be thankful to still be pregnant at this point but after the day I had yesterday, I am. Went in for an NST around 2pm and they saw a couple funky decels followed by 15 minutes of perfectly normal heartbeat. Of course, they rushed me off to the hospital for an ultrasound/BPP. The baby looked perfect, lots of fluid, no cords wrapped around anywhere, estimated weight 9.5lb (whateva), still 3 cm and +1 station (oy vey).
At that point they basically said because they couldn't explain the decels, an out of hospital birth was not an option for me anymore and sent me up to L & D. I was told they were going to do some more monitoring and then a decision would be made to either do an immediate c-sec or induce. Well, of course, once I was on the monitors SITTING UP, the baby looked absolutely perfect. At first the OBGYN on call offered AROM but then she pretty much took it back and said "I don't see any reason why we need to induce you now or why you can't give birth at the birth center". We were all just staring at her in shock, I couldn't believe they were giving me a second chance at my out of hospital birth.
Of course, I was out of there like a flash and made a plan to do acupunture induction and sweeping the membranes at the birth center this afternoon to hopefully get me into a good labor pattern. My midwife thinks that once I'm active it would be best to break my water because I seem to have a lot of it (18cm ?) for post-dates and she thinks it might be making the ctx I've been having ineffective. However, I'm not willing to cross that bridge just yet so we shall see how the sweeping/acupuncture goes.
It was such an emotional day for us but I can honestly say that everyone we encountered was very respectful of our wishes and I felt totally in control of the situation. If something like that were to happen again, I think we are much more prepared to make quick decisions.
Faith in our babies... Faith in our bodies...