Well this is getting old... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-03-2005, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This prodromal labor is getting old.

Yes, it has been doing something since I am 4cm and my cervix is *paper thin"* but I am so sick of contractions that start and stop and getting my hopes up only to be dissapointed.

Today I am a week "overdue". I know the average for a first time mom is 41 weeks and one day, I know all this... I know she will "come on her birthday"... I know, I know I know... but this is getting R I D I C U L O U S ...

I am snapping at my husband.

I am having emotional breakdowns.

I am begging this poor baby to come out.

I am pacing back and forth in my backyard.

My nipples haven't seen so much action.

*sigh*

I am beginning to feel defective but I know I am not... I know I should be really happy and thankful, this pregnancy has been great (until 2 weeks ago argh) and some women have all these contractions and don't dialate at all.. but I can't help feeling so frustrated.

I wanna meet my little girl so badly and just know everything is okay....

Everyday I am like "maybe today"...

I guess that is all I can do for now because I am not willing to try anything else until I am well over a week overdue (like blue and black cohosh etc)....

Oh well.

Maybe today...

*sigh*
#2 of 5 Old 06-03-2005, 10:52 AM

Oh mama I know how you feel. With DD I was 3 weeks over my due date. It got really old. Plus it was really hot then too. This time around, I am way more patient. Although I really want to hold my baby. Soon enough your baby will be here. I am sorry that you are feeling so crappy. I have read that a salad that has both balsamic and gorgonzola can start labor :LOL Too bad I am so huge, that none of my clothes fit me or I would be going out to lunch.

Today would be a great day to have a baby. And I am proud of you, as a first time mama to have the patience to wait it out. Think of all the mainstreamers that have had inductions already . You are doing great

darkstar
#3 of 5 Old 06-03-2005, 11:53 AM

Let me provide you with the slightest bit of a ray of sunshine...

My 3rd baby was my only that I had prodromal labor with. And, let me tell you, it sucked big time. I was well into dialation when I began labor, effaced, etc. For a week (or more) I'd wake up with ctx that were not hurting, not progressing, just present enough to make me pissed off.

One morning, I decided enough was enough. I was going to walk until this baby fell out. It did nothing but make me pissed off and exhausted.

A couple of days later, labor began, and it was the simplest, fastest labor I've ever had. I was laughing with my audience until pushing. It was great!

So, the moral of my prodromal labor story is that it *can* mean for a pissed off beginning, but for me the real labor was well worth the prodromal.

Oh, I hope you are holding your baby soon.
#4 of 5 Old 06-03-2005, 12:39 PM

I'm so right there with you. I keep getting these annoying contractions that get my hopes up as well. It's so hard to just let it go. It's so hard to not sit and think about it all the time. I feel as though I have to keep myself ultra busy so I don't keep harping on the fact that I'm a week past and feeling like a whale. Today I am going to scrub my house *again*. I can't even imagine going three weeks overdue. And I'm sure that since I just said that, I've jinxed myself.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#5 of 5 Old 06-03-2005, 12:47 PM

Well I am still here too. Dh & I did the deed & still nothing, all that work for nothing, ha ha! It is hard to move around anymore. My nipples are sore from so much stimulation.

I ended up staying home & really cleaning my house yesterday. My friend brought me lunch. I even mopped the bathroom & entry way on hands & knees. Today I will do the kitchen, not sure if it will be hands & knees since that did not really help.

I had moments of body failure espisodes yesterday. I even cried. I told her to come out. I had DH & DD & DS tell her to come out. It is really getting hard to trust my body. I know if I walked into that hospital right now & my Doc was on, or any Doc, they would C-Sec me in a heartbeat. I think about that now. (It is not what I want, but at times I seem so desperate.) I just keep telling myself, I am not "overdue", 42 weeks is overdue. I can grow a baby, I can birth a baby. If I can ovulate & have periods, I can start labor, right??? I am not broken, I am not broken. She will be born when she wants to be born.
(Why is it that we tell ourselves these things & then the slightest doubt creeps in & tears it all apart!!!!!

I am so glad I am not alone. Not that I want everyone as miserable as me, but it helps to know I am not alone. Have a great day ladies. Soon, very soon our babies will be born, healthy & strong.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page