Still pregnant...Friday...UGH! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 6 Old 06-03-2005, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
 
Eaglevoice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,334
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to check in with everyone. I'm still here. 41 weeks and counting...

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Eaglevoice is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 6 Old 06-03-2005, 01:45 PM
 
mightymoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mass. Confusion
Posts: 10,291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I woke up this morning in a fouly depressed mood. It's just all I can do to not to sit and bawl.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
mightymoo is offline  
#3 of 6 Old 06-03-2005, 01:50 PM
 
Debstmomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: I prefer REALITY, How about You????
Posts: 3,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am still here. Emotions playing havoc too. See post under this is getting old.

Anyone considering any interventions at this point?? I am considering drinking some good Pinot!!!! LOL!!!

Cheers!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Debstmomy is offline  
#4 of 6 Old 06-03-2005, 02:51 PM
 
mightymoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mass. Confusion
Posts: 10,291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy
Anyone considering any interventions at this point?? I am considering drinking some good Pinot!!!! LOL!!!
:LOL

Unfortunately, we are. We are scheduling a c-section for Tuesday. Being a VBAC I don't feel comfortable with the risk of induction. I have been struggling with this decision for weeks now, knowing I would get here (my c/s w/DD was at 42w 3d) and trying to decide if I'm giving up too early by having a c/s at 42 weeks. This baby is already big like his sister, I don't feel good about pushing for a VBAC too late into pregnancy or with a baby that is too big. This is just a gut feeling, but I'm finding some of the research supports this. (Risk of rupture goes up with babies size and gestational age, etc).

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
mightymoo is offline  
#5 of 6 Old 06-03-2005, 02:55 PM
 
Debstmomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: I prefer REALITY, How about You????
Posts: 3,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mighty Moo, I get you. I know if I were to walk into the local community hospital, RIGHT NOW, I could have my baby today via C-Sec. My Doc would totally freak that I am still pregnant right now. (I stopped congruent care at 38 weeks.)

That being said, I know it is not what I want. I too am working on the trust thing. Good Luck to you & sending you labor vibes!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Debstmomy is offline  
#6 of 6 Old 06-03-2005, 03:54 PM
 
Aeriane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Winooski, Vermont
Posts: 731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just my 2 cents MightyMoo, I've had 4 vbacs, 3 of which were induced and no problems..if that helps at all? Hugs, Kitty
Aeriane is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off