Wow, it's Monday...and I'm STILL PREGNANT!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2005, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't believe that it's actually the 6th of June. My birthday is in 2 days. I thought for sure I would have this baby before my birthday. I would laugh about it. People would say, "maybe you'll have your baby on your birthday." And I'd be like, yeah right, I don't think I'd survive if I went that far past my EDD. And here I am. 2 days away from the day I thought I couldn't possibly still be pregnant on...

Wow.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Banned

Still with ya hon!

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow... we didn't even make another one after last week's because she was SURE I would go into labor!! She couldn't even believe I haven't had her yet...

Anyway, I am trying to be patient...

People are always like "no one has stayed pregnant forever"

*sigh*

I have begun responding dryly...

"well I guess there is a free spot in the record books then"
Old 06-06-2005, 02:21 PM

I am still here too! I thought for SURE after last nights cry, I would have a baby. NOPE< Nada. Not even a dozen surges.
My friends birthday is wenesday as well, she predicts that is the day as well. We shall see. As long as baby is healthy, & I am healthy I can do this!!! New mantra!! My body is not broken. It works & works well.

Have a good Monday!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 06-06-2005, 03:11 PM

nak

Howdy all! Just wanted to offer a little reassurance. I went 15 days past my lmp-based edd w/ DS1 and it was pretty miserable, so I know where you are at. This time, I luckily only went 6 days past lmp-based edd, but I knew better and got that later edd... but that's off-topic.

It can be really miserable, I know. Try though to enjoy these last days. Take time for leisurely strolls w/ your DPs, drink lemonade, enjoy the weather - go swimming! Try to stay in the present.

Your bodies are designed for birth. 40 weeks is a myth perpetuated to keep docs on time for their golf game. Hang in there, you're doing so well!

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Old 06-06-2005, 04:38 PM

Hang in there Mamas! I'm thinking about you and sending strong safe labouring vibes your way.......................... Surge~~~~ Surge~~~~ Surge~~~~
Old 06-06-2005, 05:55 PM

I am still here too. Talked to the midwife today and she is going on vacation on June 12. neither of us thought I would still be pregnant...but now, I want this baby out even more. Of course she has a back up, but...

My friend had her baby friday morning. She drank castor oil and rootbeer...YUCK, I wll not do that. Although I did go to wild oats and buy some blue cohosh. I dont know if I will try it yet, but I did buy it. I am going to thik long and hard about this one. I know that I will have this baby when s/he is ready, but wtf, it is 90 degrees here today, I am so sick of being pregnant.

Not helpiing any is my mother, who has recently told me she is concerned that this baby will be too big and I will not be able to deliver it naturally. I am not sure who put this in her head, as Jade weighed 10 pounds at birth ,and I delivered without even a tear. Well mamas, I hope one of us has our babies soon.

darkstar
Old 06-06-2005, 06:41 PM

I am still here too, but I'm jumping off the bandwagon tomorrow. We have a c/section scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm. Had I not have the previous cesarean we would have waited longer for labor to start, but with my history this is the best choice for us. We've gone through a lot of deliberation and feel this is the best thing for us to do at this point. I'm really sad that I didn't get a chance to have the VBAC we wanted, but I'm really really excited to meet my baby.

I'm still pulling for the rest you mamas - hang in there it will happen!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)

User Tag List