• vaginal

Votes: 53 91.4%
  • surgical

Votes: 5 8.6%

What kind of birth did you have?

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Marlet 
#1 ·
I hope this is okay...
I was wondering what our due date club c-section rate was, so I thought I'd start a poll. So vote here when you've had your baby.

I really don't want this to come off as insensative, I'm truly curious and am guessing that our stats will be pretty good and that the mamas here who had them did so for their best interest.

See less See more
#3 ·
Frankly, I was worried about a c/s when the doc did an ultrasound to check Fritz's position. Luckily he was head down -- but he was sunny side up until I felt him turn an hour or so later -- that was very cool. I knew I could get a baby out vaginally (posterior, anterior or heck, even breech) but I'm sure the doc would have forced a section if he had been breech.

#4 ·
I had an eclamptic seizure after laboring 24 hours at home. My midwife gave me a magnesium shot and the paramedics took me to the hospital for an emergency c-section. I'm still heartbroken not to have had the peaceful homebirth we had planned, but I know it was necessary, and I'm so thankful that both dd and I are fine.

#8 ·
I had a C-section after a VBAC for this one. I feel ok about it though. I know it was necessary this time (I didn't feel that way about my first). Imagine being at transition (9cm) for 5 or 6 hours while your body is pushing but you're being told not to lest your cervix swells too much. I could feel that my baby was no longer anywhere near my pelvis! Eventually, the baby's heart rate was showing scary decells and the OB was consulted. He got my permission to do a blood sample to test the baby's oxygen levels. He couldn't even reach her head! At that point he and my midwife were convinced something was wrong, most likely an abruption or a rupture. My uterus was just not working, it couldn't push her down again. We decided to do an epidural and C-section at that point. While in surgery the OB found that not only was my placenta abrupting but my uterus and my bladder were fused together. There were also some very large unexplained clots which he sent off to the pathology lab. All in all it was probably a good thing I had the surgery, I may have ended up with some pretty horrible complications later. I'm mourning the loss of the peaceful second VBAC that I really really wanted but I have a healthy baby and I'm lucky she's here with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.