What kind of birth did you have? - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: What kind of birth did you have?
vaginal 53 91.38%
surgical 5 8.62%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-07-2005, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope this is okay... I was wondering what our due date club c-section rate was, so I thought I'd start a poll. So vote here when you've had your baby.

I really don't want this to come off as insensative, I'm truly curious and am guessing that our stats will be pretty good and that the mamas here who had them did so for their best interest.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#2 of 9 Old 06-07-2005, 11:20 AM

i was curious too

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#3 of 9 Old 06-07-2005, 03:57 PM

Frankly, I was worried about a c/s when the doc did an ultrasound to check Fritz's position. Luckily he was head down -- but he was sunny side up until I felt him turn an hour or so later -- that was very cool. I knew I could get a baby out vaginally (posterior, anterior or heck, even breech) but I'm sure the doc would have forced a section if he had been breech.
#4 of 9 Old 06-07-2005, 08:25 PM

I had an eclamptic seizure after laboring 24 hours at home. My midwife gave me a magnesium shot and the paramedics took me to the hospital for an emergency c-section. I'm still heartbroken not to have had the peaceful homebirth we had planned, but I know it was necessary, and I'm so thankful that both dd and I are fine.
#5 of 9 Old 06-07-2005, 11:18 PM

I wonder how many are VBACs? It seemed like there were at least a few, HBACs too. Maybe I need to start a new poll.
#6 of 9 Old 06-08-2005, 12:52 PM

(((Odenata))) it sounds like it was a good reason for a csection. I'm sorry you didn't have the peaceful birth you envisioned. I hope next time you do!
#7 of 9 Old 06-08-2005, 01:38 PM

Vaginal Breech
#8 of 9 Old 06-09-2005, 11:21 PM

I had a C-section after a VBAC for this one. I feel ok about it though. I know it was necessary this time (I didn't feel that way about my first). Imagine being at transition (9cm) for 5 or 6 hours while your body is pushing but you're being told not to lest your cervix swells too much. I could feel that my baby was no longer anywhere near my pelvis! Eventually, the baby's heart rate was showing scary decells and the OB was consulted. He got my permission to do a blood sample to test the baby's oxygen levels. He couldn't even reach her head! At that point he and my midwife were convinced something was wrong, most likely an abruption or a rupture. My uterus was just not working, it couldn't push her down again. We decided to do an epidural and C-section at that point. While in surgery the OB found that not only was my placenta abrupting but my uterus and my bladder were fused together. There were also some very large unexplained clots which he sent off to the pathology lab. All in all it was probably a good thing I had the surgery, I may have ended up with some pretty horrible complications later. I'm mourning the loss of the peaceful second VBAC that I really really wanted but I have a healthy baby and I'm lucky she's here with me.
#9 of 9 Old 06-10-2005, 01:46 AM

Sunny side up vaginal

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page