I am sooo weepy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-05-2009, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am only 3 days postpartum, and I know I am in the hormonal stage, but I have a history of depression and had PPD with my daughter. I can't stand it. DD is 2 years old, and we have 2 dogs that are making me CRAZY. The house is noisy- not more than normal but it is certainly annoying me more. I am so stressed and not knowing how I am going to handle everything. I feel like I want to just park DD in front of the TV for the day. DD is back and forth about the new baby- she will hold him and give him kisses but she is acting out. Temper tantrums, etc. Everything is just grating on my nerves. DH has to go back to work tomorrow and I have no idea how I am going to handle everything. Not to mention, my paranoia with the baby. It is so hard when they are only a few days old... last night he started choking on spit-up and I was up all night watching him after that. I don't see me getting much sleep tonight either... I want to trust that my intuition will wake me up if it happens again but what if I am in a sound sleep?? He will be side-sleeping with me from now on. Every little thing... it just sends me deeper into this pit o' depression.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#2 of 3 Old 11-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Oh, sweetie, hang in there. Do you what you can to reduce the stress. Put the dogs outside, and make sure you are eating and drinking enough water, See if anybody can come to help you out during the day

Come on here and vent,
#3 of 3 Old 11-06-2009, 03:31 AM

Day 3 post-partum is a huge day full of hormonal shifting. Ride the tide and see how you feel tomorrow and the day after (((hugs)))

Christine, mama to Daniel & Abby, 9 and Patrick, 4. Wife to a rockin' train engineer. Gluten and nightshade-free. Multiple kiddie food sensitivities.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page