Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 12-19-2009, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It sounds like you're a very busy Mama! Do you have a postpartum clinic near where you live? Or maybe your midwife can recommend someone? If you can see a postpartum counsellor, they might be able to help you feel better, whether you have situational depression or ppd. It's nice to find emotional support.

I found taking a high potency B vitamin helped "take the edge off" when I felt angry, and omega 3 fish oil helped me concentrate a bit better.

ETA~ And congratulations on your new little one!

belly.gifMama to a Little Scientist (09/08) and our Ray of Sunshine (05/11).
#3 of 9 Old 12-19-2009, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the words of support. I bought a high petnecy B vitamin, Inositol caps, and an Omega supplement. I'm hoping that they help a bit. Hopefully, if I'm not so edgy, then I'll respond better to ds and it will start a positive spiral, rather than a negative one.

I'm not sure about a postpartum clinic around here. There is a women's clinic affiliated with a major hospital, so maybe they offer some services.

Thanks for the congrats on our baby. She's been fairly easy on me so far. Thank goodness!!
#4 of 9 Old 12-21-2009, 01:57 AM

I hope those supplements work for you, or make you feel a bit better at least. I'm happy your baby girl is pretty easy on you too.

This website might help you find a place that offers postpartum support in your area: http://postpartum.net/

It took me 8 months to see a postpartum counsellor, but it really helped having someone to talk to and help me work through my feelings of being angry/overwhelmed.

Take care Mama.

belly.gifMama to a Little Scientist (09/08) and our Ray of Sunshine (05/11).
#5 of 9 Old 01-04-2010, 05:33 PM

It can be both, in the sense of situations can trigger it of course. A lot of it has to do how your brain is wired for stress, plus the rollicking hormones of post-partum (during and after pregnancy, during and after breastfeeding, when your cycles start up again post-partum).

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#6 of 9 Old 01-06-2010, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

I went out immediately after I posted this originally and bought a high potency B-complex, Inositol, and an Omega blend. My mw also suggested D3 supplements. I think it's working!! I haven't had a crying bout in over a week, and the last one I had I was able to pull myself out of pretty quickly. And the effect is cyclical - I feel less edgy and so does my son in return; he acts better and so I don't get as upset.

I have looked up the names of counseling resources, though, just in case I feel like I need them in the future.
#7 of 9 Old 01-08-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose-Roget View Post
I went out immediately after I posted this originally and bought a high potency B-complex, Inositol, and an Omega blend. My mw also suggested D3 supplements. I think it's working!! I haven't had a crying bout in over a week, and the last one I had I was able to pull myself out of pretty quickly. And the effect is cyclical - I feel less edgy and so does my son in return; he acts better and so I don't get as upset.

I have looked up the names of counseling resources, though, just in case I feel like I need them in the future.
What brand of Inositol did you get?

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#8 of 9 Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

I bought TwinLab, which was the only one I could find at Whole Foods. It's 500mg, and I only take one along with all the other supplements.
#9 of 9 Old 01-15-2010, 07:18 PM

It sounds situational to me. It's just a rough time, it will pass.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page