Relapses - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-04-2010, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone currently dealing (or have dealt) with this?

At 4 months post=partum is when I can safely say I had PPD. Prior to this I have a history of anxiety and depression, on one med, same dose, for years. During ths pregnancy I went down a bit and once I went back up to my old dose I was myself again.

In October, a year after dd was born, my first cycle came, and I've been having cycles since then, now in cycle 4 postpartum. In October too I also had to switch meds, from the extended release version to a generic standard release. Seemed to be ok, though at my 2nd refill I found out the insurance company had switched manufactuers...may or may not have made a difference.

Since then, it's been the downward spiral. I've been taking supplements (including omega 3-6-9 oils, though its plant based), B-complex, multivitamin, health shake in the morning. I'm re-starting exercise, re-starting trying to do de-stressing techniques. We're in the middle of a huge life change as well.

So...I guess I'm having a relapse...tearful, stressed-out feeling all the time, anxiety, blue feeling. Is this common when re-covering from PPD? I know I had relapses/breakouts befoer I ever had children...they came, they went. Pretty predicable, but this is all new to me. I am thinking of going to a generic version of the extended release or going back to name brand even to see if that will help, but I guess the point of all this is wondering if anyone can relate at all.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page