zoloft side effects - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just started Zoloft for depression - breastfeeding 6 month old - so far the side effects are terrible - jittery, insomnia, diarrhea, how can I do this to my baby? She also had a rough night last night - not sure why but I hope she doesn't feel this way!

still learning
#2 of 5 Old 01-15-2010, 04:29 PM

I started Zoloft when I was about 6ish months prego and am still taking it (ds is almost 6 months).

I didn't have any major side effects when I first started, but when I upped the dose to 100mg/day I did get diarrhea and headaches...but only for a handful of days.

It SHOULD pass...but if it doesn't, call your doctor asap. You can try something else. Don't give up though. I suffered through terrible ppd without help with my first and it's just NOT worth it.

(((((hugs))))))
#3 of 5 Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How long have you been taking it? And what is your dose?

My side effects got worse every day for a week and then I had numb limbs and sweating and was so dizzy I couldn't sit up....so I talked to my mw and reduced my dose to 25 mg per day. After that my side effects were less, they were manageable. After taking the meds for a month or maybe even more, the side effects were not noticeable all the time. After several months, I upped my dose to 50 mg for a while because I needed a little more help with the depression.

So...I know that doesn't sound too encouraging....I guess I just recommend talking to your prescribing doctor and/or your pharmacist.

#4 of 5 Old 01-16-2010, 01:21 AM

When are you taking it? I took mine in the morning as a friend had suggested it. My side affects weren't too bad. Really none that you are listing. Maybe try taking it at a different time.I stayed on it for 6mo or so then tapered off. I started to gain weight which is abnormal for me and I also found that I was over the PP hump. Hope you feel better soon.

Sarah
#5 of 5 Old 01-16-2010, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

thanks i was taking 50 and dropped to 25 - feel fine now It's so scary for me to take anything while nursing!

still learning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page