Zoloft during and after pregnancy?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-21-2010, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my first baby July '08 and believe I had PPD, but didn't know it. It was mostly anxiety and loss of interest in anything but my baby. Finally when my son was about 9 months old, my doc told me I may have PPD and wanted to take my IUD out to see if that would help. Now, I am pregnant again. At the beginning of the pregnancy my anxiety and irritability was much worse and I was prescribed Zoloft. I didn't end up taking it yet, but am still feeling anxious, irritable and like I could go out of control or something. I know... that I am going to have PPD after baby 2...because it has never really gone away. I started taking my zoloft a couple days ago. Does anyone know if I will have to increase my dose after the baby is born...or will the dose I am currently on be enough? Or will it not even help anymore at all? help
#2 of 2 Old 01-21-2010, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You may actually be able to decrease your dose after the baby is born. You usually need more zoloft while pregnant due to the extra weight and fluids. Once the baby comes, you can reduce the dose a bit or stay the same.

Congratulations on doing what is best for your baby and for you!

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page