Just checking in again - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-24-2010, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still no real change, it was better for a while on the zyprexa/in the partial hospitalization program, doesn't seem to be getting any better now, in fact seems to be getting worse, she's well up there in the "theraputic" doses of all the things that the Dr's have told her to take, but no real change.

It sucks, good days are bearable, bad days are awful, I've got no idea what else to do, I have to say, the days when my wife begs me to leave her and take our son to England I'm rather more tempted to do so now... it's been about a year since she started any treatment, and it's had a few good moments, but now doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I hope others don't have this issue, PPD/Bipolar/Depression/Whatever this is REALLY SUCKS.

The Dr wants her to start Remeron, but she's more back to the days of reading every negative that she can find, and deciding that's how it's going to be for her, and, honestly, right now I can't blame her.
#2 of 5 Old 02-24-2010, 07:30 AM

What she needs now more than anything is your support. you are a brave man for being with your wife through this hard time. please do not give up

For more information on how I cured my Postpartum Depression please visit http://www.curepostpartum.com/specialoffer2394857.html
#3 of 5 Old 02-25-2010, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPDHelp View Post
What she needs now more than anything is your support. you are a brave man for being with your wife through this hard time. please do not give up
And she gets that...

While I vent here, I am, pretty much, always supportive of my wife.

There are occasions where I will say "I just don't know how to help with that, other than by being here" but I don't say I'm going to leave or anything like that, nor would I really.. there are just moments.

Last two days the sleep has returned, possibly aided by the latest new drug (Remeron) although, my wife feels like it's also been accompanied by a racing heart first thing in the morning as she wakes, which unfortunately feels like we're going backwards, next it'll be the head shaky feeling.

I just hope that this can stabilize somewhere, because it still sucks right now, and doesn't feel like it's ever going to stop just being a complete mess of trying different combination's of things to attempt to get some sort of stability. Add to this my wife is now starting to panic that State Disability runs out in August... we'll have to see.
#4 of 5 Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 PM

I'm sorry to hear that things are so rough.

I think the time may be coming where you need to focus on your son and keeping yourself healthy. I'm not saying that you should leave, abandon, or quit helping your wife. Your wife is getting medical care, and it sounds like you're doing a lot to help her. Realizing that you can't make things better is hard. It's very hard to see the people you love suffering.

What kind of support network do you have? What kind of care is your son receiving? When do you get a break? Right now you have two very needy people relying on you (an infant child and a severely ill wife) -- and that's stressful. If you don't have a personal support network to help, I'd ask your wife's doctors for recommendations for families of people with mental illness. Does the hospital have resources?

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#5 of 5 Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't checked here in a while, I'm so sorry to hear that little progress has been made. I know that this is such a hard journey. You have to remember, though, that even though this has been going on for a year, she has not been *consistent* with meds for very long at all. It seems they are changing her all the time, with setbacks every time something is changed. So... the longer she is stable on something, the better she will be.

I'm so sorry that fatherhood has brought such challenges for you. We never know what we are going to get when we have children. It's never really what we thought it would be, anyway.

I hope you are taking care of yourself, and getting the support you need.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page