What is it that you want more than anything? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-18-2010, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wanted to hear from my ppd crew...those currently depressed and/or were in the past..

How would you end this sentence, in just a few words?

"I just want(ed) to feel/be...."

For me, I was always saying "I just want to feel/be FREE." I always felt so STUCK, chained, trapped.

I'm wondering what deep feeling or phrase sums up how you want to/*wish* you could feel or be.

s

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#2 of 10 Old 03-18-2010, 03:57 PM

Not sure if I'm "technically" ppd but I've dealt with depression/anxiety for a long time, and it has definitely been worse since my DD's birth.

For me, I just want to be able to experience life on an even keel the way everyone else seems to.

I want to be able to enjoy the ups and downs of being someone's mama without these overwhelming feelings getting in the way.

I just want to be emotionally present for my daughter in a way that my mother wasn't for me.

#3 of 10 Old 03-18-2010, 04:14 PM

I just wanted to be myself again.

I'm a happy, fun, good, awesome person. And with meds to put my brain chemistry back the way it's supposed to be, I am me again.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#4 of 10 Old 03-18-2010, 08:34 PM

I want to feel peace... hopeful... positive...

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#5 of 10 Old 03-21-2010, 02:43 AM

Just wanted to make it stop, it was too much, all overwhelming.
#6 of 10 Old 03-21-2010, 03:59 PM

I agree with all of the pps. I just want to feel normal. Whatever that is. I just want to feel happy, purposeful. Frankly sometimes I just want to feel oblivious, ignorant. Make sense?

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#7 of 10 Old 03-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere View Post
I wanted to hear from my ppd crew...those currently depressed and/or were in the past..

How would you end this sentence, in just a few words?

"I just want(ed) to feel/be...."

For me, I was always saying "I just want to feel/be FREE." I always felt so STUCK, chained, trapped.

I'm wondering what deep feeling or phrase sums up how you want to/*wish* you could feel or be.

s
Yes STUCK!!!
At times I too feel so trapped.
I also want to be "me" again. What happened to the person I used to be? Where did all that go?
I want to enjoy motherhood with out all the added 'stuff' that comes with PPD. When asked how I'm doing, I'm so tired of having to keep telling people; that my new life with baby is hard right now and that I have PPD.

~ ~
#8 of 10 Old 03-24-2010, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
reading all this going

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#9 of 10 Old 03-24-2010, 06:11 PM

I want to feel like I can handle life. I want to feel strong and capable. I want to roll with the punches! Anything and everything that is the opposite of overwhelmed!! I'm 80% there, closer than I have ever been and working on it every day! Such an awesome idea to frame it as a positive. Thank you!
#10 of 10 Old 03-24-2010, 06:24 PM

I'm not sure this is a healthy way of thinking, PPD is an illness, but because it affects the brain and your emotions, one of the treatments is to encourage healthy thought processes, getting the one thing you really want won't fix PPD. It's probably better to think about small changes that could help and talk to partners, family, friends etc about ones you can make, kind of like looking at small steps to get to a long term goal.

I know it's hard, DD is 10mths today, she's my 3rd and I didn't have PPD with my 2nd, but I did with my first, I'm not 100% well, but I'm so much better than I was and I'm in a stage of picking up pieces in relationships with people who were clueless and just didn't get how ill I really was and I still really need to work on things that are actually acheivable, rather than vague "if onlys" without a path to getting to them.

Anne, Christian mummy to Nathanael 05/28/03, Ada 06/10/05, Grace 05/24/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page