PPD 11 Months Later?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-30-2010, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi.
I was just wondering if there are other people out there who have experienced postpartum depression even 11 months after the birth. I am really, really struggling and just got out of the hospital for the 2nd time since my fourth child's birth. I don't speak to anyone. I rarely leave the house. I am on antidepressants, but I just don't know how to get out of this funk. It started a couple of months before the baby was born, and has just continued on and on. Has anyone else out there had anything like this? I feel so alone.

Mama to 9 year-old girl , and a 7 year-old boy :, and my big little 6 year-old boy, and a 4 year-old boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-31-2010, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I didn't get diagnosed until ds was over a year old. I suffered with it from the day he was born until 11 months. That's when I started meds, but I also went in to therapy around that time. Are you in therapy? that would be my first suggestion. Then, I would say maybe an adjustment in your meds might be in order.

I know where you are and how you are feeling. I've been there myself. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#3 of 6 Old 10-31-2010, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
yeah when ds1 was a year i got on meds for a year. i was in a pretty bad place
Posted via Mobile Device

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#4 of 6 Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 PM

Yup, I had PPD w/ my first for a good year (it was retrospectively diagnosed, so I'm not really sure how long I had problems because I didn't know it was all interrelated). With my second, I had PPD pretty badly for probably five months or so. It started to get better and then I got pregnant when my son was about 6 months old, through birth control and all. Since then, its really picked up in intensity and I have no idea now if its "technically" PPD still or prenatal depression now. Either way, its nearly a year since DS was born and its only gotten worse.

I think "technically" it becomes just depression at one year postpartum, but as far as I'm concerned, if it started as PPD, its still PPD a year later.

I hope things look up and you feel better soon!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#5 of 6 Old 11-02-2010, 12:15 PM

Actually PPD is described as happening "any time in the first year or after" childbirth.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#6 of 6 Old 11-06-2010, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it took me til ds was a yur befiore i started emds.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page