New to all this... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-14-2010, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone,

I just had my second baby girl 9 days ago. I never had any depression issues with my first. Dh and I are on the fence about having another child so from the beginning of this postpartum period, I have been thinking a lot about how this may be our last wee one around. These thoughts slowly began to build and build over the days and a few night ago they started taking me to very dark places in my mind and I have begun to feel like I am losing control over my thoughts and emotions. While my thoughts haven't as of yet been suicidal, they are numbing any sort of joy I should be having right now. I am crying all the time and have this permanent knot in my stomach that is causing me loss of appetite and intestinal strife. Oh, and I can't sleep...or when I do it doesn't feel like I have slept at all. I am meeting with a therapist tomorrow to talk some of this out, but have no idea what to expect. In reading over some of the posts on the board, it seems like medication has worked for some and alternative therapies have worked for others. I would love some insight into how the medications/alternatives treatments helped, how long it took for them to take effect and how long you had to take them, etc. Also, how was the therapy helpful and what was it like. Thank you in advance for reading this. I have no idea how to deal with these thoughts and emotions...

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and just welcomed DD2 (11/10)!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page