Overwhelmed, chronic depression. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-01-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been on meds for depression since i was about 19 and I am now 34. I have been on many different meds.  

I have two step daughters 8 & 11 and my son is 7 and baby girl is 13 months.

I don't know if I am even posting in the right place.

I feel so grouchy all the time.  ESPECIALLY to my DH.  I feel guilty but don't know how to stop it.  It seems like there is always a reason for me to irritated.  But really isn't just life?  Messy kitchen, kids and hubby never pick up after themselves, drives me crazy! 

I have little or no motivation to move or do anything and have to force myself to do anything.  Including getting dressed to for the day.

I have no interest in sex or my dh even touching me.  I feel indifferent towards him.  I feel really bad about it too but don't know how to change it. I think we have had sex maybe once or twice in last year.

I am breast feeding and I think that maybe killing my sex drive.  I have always had a pretty low drive anyway.

We are broke right now because I started my own business and it's slow and hubby is on disability. 

We are in middle of a nasty custody battle with the girls mom.

My in laws are my land lord and are mentally ill (hoarders) 

Our house is tiny 1100 sq feet and only one toleit. 3 bedrooms for 6 of us

I am overwhelmed with all the animals we have because I feel like even though the kids help I have to make sure they are all fed and watered. (4 cats, 2 dogs, 4 birds, a rabbit, a turtle)

So much needs to done around our 60 year old falling apart rental home it's a little embaressing.

Hubby starts projects and never finishes. 

Sigh....I am the biggest whiner or what?  We are all healthy and thanks to welfare we have food. 

Veronica wife to Arn 1.31.09 Stepmom to Hannah 9.22.99 & Leah 5.14.02 *~Momma to Liam Craig 7.01.03 & ~* Keira Josephine Fjaril 10.30.09*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-01-2010, 05:50 PM

I can relate to the no motivation, blah,blah, blah feeling.  I'm going through a bought right now and I'm just so unmotivated to do anything. 

I think it might be a good idea to prioritize a bit.  Your house sounds pretty hectic.  Personally, I would rehome some of those animals...whew..that's a lot of work.  I've had many animals during my life..at one point about the same as you and finally, I had to rehome them because it just was ridiculous that I was expending so much energy and irritation on them.  Also, money wise, if your strapped and your hubby's not working it might help mellow things out a bit. 

I hope things get better. 

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#3 of 3 Old 12-10-2010, 08:28 PM

Wow, you have a *lot* going on there!! I think the hoarding alone would drive me nuts. Even if it's not my stuff, it's visual clutter, which definitely will keep you on edge.

There are a lot of changes to be made, what is your ABSOLUTE #1 priority. Something that will make the biggest difference to you *right now*.

If you can figure that out and take a few steps towards that, you will be more clearheaded and have a better idea what to tackle next.

Wish you the best, hun

*hugs*

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page