Looking for someone to share ppd stories with - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-02-2011, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ive been having a lot of post part depression issues and thought it might be helpful for me and for someone else to have a buddy to share stories with privately and perhaps give each other some helpful advice, maybe on a weekly basis for a while until feeling better.  My current issues are mainly to do with relationship stuff and feeling depressed about the past.  Would anyone be interested?

#2 of 9 Old 01-05-2011, 06:28 PM

Hi, I've been through ppd and have warred with non-baby-realated depression too.  I'd be interested in chatting if you'd like

#3 of 9 Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 PM

I will happily share stories with you! I have an 18 month old and had PPD for a few months after having him. It was so hard, and I still find myself suffering from it sometimes and just wish I could talk to someone who understands. So I would really like to talk about it with you!

#4 of 9 Old 01-07-2011, 05:04 PM

I'd love to talk too. I have had PPD, anxiety and clinical depression forever it seems. :(

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#5 of 9 Old 01-07-2011, 05:43 PM

I have struggled with PPD and a variety of labels for a variety of conditions over the past twenty five years.  My main strategies to stay sane after the birth of DS2 have been making some friends, getting out of the house with my baby most days, and trying to get exercise (our stroller is out and about a lot).  I try to eat well, remember how fortunate I am, and take good care of myself.  My main symptom now is just persistent anxiety.  I miss taking my med for that, but I can't take it while BFing. 

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#6 of 9 Old 01-23-2011, 08:44 PM

I would like to chat with you.  I'm having similar issues.  I just had my 4th baby on 1-17-11 and she's absolutely beautiful.  I don't have any ill/depressed feelings towards her, it's my husband.  I kinda hate him right now.  Everything he does just annoys me!  I feel like i don't even want him around.  He works crazy hours and so we barely get to see each other and when we do see each other, all we do is argue.  I feel like i do everything for the kids and to ask him to due small tasks he can't even do that.  I feel like were not the same people anymore, he doesn't make me happy and i don't make him happy.  Am I crazy?  

#7 of 9 Old 01-24-2011, 10:31 AM

I'm here.  I have three babies: 5 yo, 3 yo, and 11 months old.  After each one, I have suffered PPD with an emphasis on anxiety.  Each time, I have been treated with Zoloft.  I'd be more than happy to chat.  If you want, you can pm me and I will be happy to give you my direct contact info so we can chat live.  hug2.gif  It is a rough road to walk in a time when you really are expecting to only feel happy.  And, sadly, so many people misunderstand and have a negative attitude towards it.

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#8 of 9 Old 01-25-2011, 01:09 PM

Hi Lulu123,

I would be more than happy to chat, too!  As Thandiwe put it, "It is a rough road to walk...... when your only expecting to feel happy" ..... so true, so true!  I have definitely had my share of PPD and have also been treated by Zoloft.  Thankfully, it took 3 babies to wake me up.  It has been 18 months now.  But it feels like just yesterday that I struggled with anxiety, depression, constant irritation, and impatience.  Once you are in the trenches, it is very hard to see the sky, let alone any silver linings.

Warm hugs to you! 

Thandiwe likes this.
#9 of 9 Old 02-25-2011, 08:49 AM

tigerflower, can dh make some more time for you, for his family? talking just you two?

DS 12/2010 bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page