Hmmm Zoloft, St. John's Wort or Inositol still PG but not for long! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-19-2011, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi All! I'm 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant now. This is my second pregnancy. I've had issues with anxiety and adhd, light depression after my daughter was born. I have been on zoloft before with relief but at one point was on a high dose 100mg and it made me feel numb. I need advice on starting zoloft now or waiting till my son is born and then trying st john's wort and inositol. I have been very impatient and irritable lately especially towards my spirited 4 year old. I have cried almost daily for the past maybe 2 weeks. I did see my therapist today and it did help to talk things out. I hadn't seen her in over a year. I'm not sure what to do. I suspect I will go into labor soon. I had my daughter at exactly 38 weeks. Hmmm I'm going to talk to my husband too. I don't think that I can take inositol while pregnant. 

#2 of 3 Old 01-19-2011, 05:43 PM

I believe Prozac is actually the first choice while pregnant.  You should talk to your doctor about it.  There's a lot you can take very late in pregnancy that's not allowed early on.  You could try St. John's Wart, I don't know about it in pregnancy, I know it's ok while nursing.  It can take a little longer to have an affect than a drug.  You could also try some homeopathic calms forte or rescue remedy while you're still pregnant to calm the anxiety a bit. 

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
#3 of 3 Old 01-20-2011, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I know I can't take st johns wort yet until i give birth. I have had to take rescue remedy once in a while. I do have calms forte so maybe I will try using that daily and see if that helps. I talked to my husband last night about this and I may wait until the baby is born and try the st johns wort and inositol combo.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page