A blog about the mostly lows of having a child. You are not alone. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-07-2011, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Some days I feel like the only mom who struggles with having a child.  It can be so lonely and isolating.  Some days I feel like I can hit the ground running, but most days I really struggle to stay afloat.  I started a blog, so that I can share with other moms who feel this way.  I just want people to know they are not alone in how they feel.  And by knowing they are not alone, and hear weird/funny/horrific stories of children and dispair, perhaps feel better.  Because you are not alone in the saddness and frustration.  If it helps, at all...let me know.

The first post.  (An introduction):

http://loveyoubabyboy.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html

vanessab23 likes this.
#2 of 4 Old 06-13-2011, 05:29 PM

Hi JenniferandSeba !!  You are not alone!!!!!  I haven't checked out the PPD postings in a while and tonight I really needed to.  It has been horrible with my LO's recently and I wanted some commiseration.  I also find it difficult to parent, difficult that no one else seems to feel that way, alone because whenever I try to talk about it most people are resistant to it.  I read some of your blog very briefly and laughed out loud a few times, I also related to everything I read.  Don't give up!!  I just found you!  I can't comment on the blog because of a cookie situation on my computer but as soon as I get it resolved I'll post!  I will also forward a link to people I know who might appreciate it.

Jenine

#3 of 4 Old 06-16-2011, 05:12 AM

Ditto!!  I read all of your blog and tried posting a reply to your last post but am not sure if it went through.  I am really hoping you will reconsider taking it down.  I found it really helpful to know I am not the only one who feels overwhelmed by being a mother, and my son is not even at toddler stage yet!  Just today I got really upset because YET AGAIN he seemed to go off to sleep in my arms, then woke up as soon as I put him down and would not go back to sleep for another 2 hours.  WHY DOES HE DO THAT??  IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!  Anyway, I hope you are okay and that we hear from you again soon.

Hugs to both of you,

Heather

#4 of 4 Old 07-13-2011, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for commenting!  It really feels like a lonely adventure at times and so it is nice to get some feedback.  I wish I could comment on my blog when other people leave comments, but I am still unable to....and don't know why.  I did just update the blog....we'll see how it goes, but I do hope you and others read and comment....We are all in this together!  :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page