37 pounds gained since starting meds. please say once i am able to stop the zoloft - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-23-2011, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

the weight will began to be lost. I've been on it since around August, and i know i've read many say they lost weight while on it. i do not seem to be one of them.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-24-2011, 12:44 PM

I didn't lose any weight while on Zoloft, and since I started taking it at 2 weeks PP, I had still most of the pregnancy weight to carry around, but when I went off it, I slowly lost weight without trying too hard, and went down about 20 lbs in 7 months before becoming pregnant again.

So, yes, I think it is reasonable to hope that you will be able to lose the weight you gained once you're off Zoloft, but you may need to be patient and work on getting rid of the weight.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#3 of 5 Old 04-25-2011, 04:43 AM

I have gained ALOT of weight from being on and off Zoloft for many years. I recently noticed a pattern when I AM on it. It puts me in a slump, a happy slump, but I really lack motivation when I am on Zoloft. I also noticed I eat alot more when on it. I very recently just changed to a different antidepressant and have noticed an immediate difference. I just have so much more energy and am constantly on the go all day and just dont even think about food now.

#4 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

i'm hoping that i'll be able to just plain stop instead of switching to another med.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#5 of 5 Old 05-06-2011, 12:12 AM

I gained weight when I was on Zoloft for depression and social anxiety disorder.  I was also exhausted constantly, despite exercising everyday for energy.  My doctor switched me to Lexapro and this has helped a great deal!  I have not been nearly as tired and my weight is gradually starting to go down. 

Jessie

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page