Labneh (Middle Eastern Yogurt) as anti-depressant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-26-2011, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

guys labneh seems to be helping me...so labneh is like conventional yogurt but it is still different as the whey is removed from the yogurt

the one I buy also has salt in it so I don't know if it would make a difference chemically...you can find it in most Middleeastern grocery stores or even make it at home using conventional yogurt,its not too hard:
http://biology.clc.u....ban/Labneh.htm
(btw some sites mention to let it drain in the refrigerater if you are making it at home)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-08-2011, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmmm...that's so weird.  I just had the strongest craving for labneh the other day.  I wonder if the antidepressant effect comes from the balancing of flora in the gut.  I've heard you have? absorb? serotonin in your intestines so it makes sense.  Still...it was a weird craving for me since I've only had it twice.  But the other day I was in the hospital eating rubbery eggs and I would have given anything for some middle eastern food.

Still-learning wife to long-suffering and wonderful DH and manoula to DS #1 (8/09), an angel baby (7/10), and DD #1 due May 29!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page