had ppd with my first son, now pregnant again after several losses. just need some advice/help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-25-2011, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

well here's my deal:

I have a 2 1/2 year old son. I never thought I would love being a mother as much as I do and it's because of him. I then had several miscarriages and finally succeeded in getting pregnant again. I am now 6 months pregnant with another son and can't wait to see him. I am worried though because I had horrible ppd after my first son and want to avoid it after this one if at all possible or at least get it under control. I have been having panic attacks and sobbing fits because I am so worried about that in combination I'm sure with pregnancy hormones. I basically just need to know if anyone else has gone through this and how everything worked out, or any advice anyone might have.

Thanks everyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 09:02 PM

I had symptoms of depression after my last birth (baby born after miscarriage). Don't know if that is why depression occurred but it took the form of extreme anxiety that the baby would die. I am due with the next baby any day now and it has been hard to think of having these feelings again. I have also been emotional thinking of feeling that way again. I am planning to have my placenta encapsulated as it is supposed to help a lot with ppd. 

hug.gif

Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

how do you go about doing that? sounds like an interesting tactic, probably better for you than being on medication...

Old 09-28-2011, 11:17 PM

Sorry- didn't see this until now. Here is a link

http://placentabenefits.info/

User Tag List