New here, questions, pls help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-17-2011, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a SAHM to 2 boys 2 1/2 and 5 mths. Since the day I brought ds #2 home from the hospital its been overwhelming back and forth between the 2. I constantly feel like I cannot catch a break ever. Thats the key feeling I get always, just WHY CANT I CATCH A BREAK! Ugh, I am not sure if this is normal or ppd. I want to talk to my doc about meds but there is a tiny voice inside questioning it asking Do I really want to go that route? Will it really help? I know a few mama's who have had success from meds for their ppd. My 2 1/2 yr old is in a super duper defiant no stage to the point it emotional drains me soooo badly. I try to get the both down for naps at the same time today, (meanwhile sick with a sinus infection) and first my 2 yr old needs to poop, then 20 min later the other decides hes done napping, so no break for this sick mama. I feel like its always sometihng. My dh and I havent had any "time together" in over a week which has never happened, and just I dunno. I get breaks here and there but they dont help, I just wake up the next morning with the same feelings all over again. Please help!

Proud mama of 2 beautiful boys!! One born 2/2009 and the other 5/2011
#2 of 3 Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 AM

sounds exactly like the way I felt when my kids were the same ages as yours.  Also, there's a real adjustment period with the second just like with the first.  Take a ppd sreening (get one online or from your dr) and then keep taking one every week or two.  Even if you're not depressed now, it's good to keep taking the screenings to be sure.  I remember that feeling with my two kids of just feeling like I couldn't get things under control.  it gets a lot better, I promise.  In my opinion 5 months and 2.5 are two of the most trying ages. I don't have any great advice other than just "hang in there it will get better."  Try and fit as much self-care as you can into your routine--doesn't have to be a rockin' night out with the girls, just try to walk around a block or spend 20 minutes alone each day when your husband gets home.   

#3 of 3 Old 11-19-2011, 06:43 PM

I also wanted to say it sounds like you could really use some help, maybe hire a babysitter so you can just get away for a bit?  Or so you and your husband can get away together?  Having something to look forward to, even if it's weeks away can really help you get through those hectic, non-stop days.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page